Hair is not Life but it's Pretty Damn Close; HRT and Pictorial Posts Prove it.

How far are you willing to go to restore a full head of hair?

• Full-blown Feminization

Votes: 39 15.0%
  • Slight Gyno

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Slight Breast Growth

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Only "Male" Treatments

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Dude, I won't even touch finasteride

Votes: 59 22.7%

• Total voters

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Constant advertisements on Reddit for spironolactone for acne purposes are a bit concerning to me since I am at /r/shortwave. Although efficient perhaps, such targeted ads are a bit creepy.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Continuing Update on Hair Restoration/Regrowth:

I don't think that this will work without estrogen and I don't think that there are ways of doing this effectively without feminization. Some times there are reasons why a thing isn't done and it is because it just doesn't work. We have known since the chemical identification of estrogens about 90 years ago that supplementing estrogen was effective for hair loss. Why didn't it become a thing, then? Because estrogen supplementation is feminizing for XY's.

I continue to seek pictorial evidence that using AA's without estrogen supplementation will result in any sort of cosmetically significant hair regrowth or improvement and I have seen little or none. AA's can halt hair loss; they don't seem to regrow hair or improve it's quality. If an XY individual wants to see hair recovery, then feminization, usually meaning breast growth, is part of it. For most XY's, adult breast growth tends to be minimal but there are no guarantees. I know of only a handful of people who have provided substantial pictorial evidence that copious use of HRT medications can fully restore XY hairlines and virtually all of them have presented with substantial feminization, including facial feminization, breast growth, gyno, substantial fat re-distribution and loss of body hair below the neck. Some even experience loss of virtually all beard growth.

The person who inspired me to create this thread had amazing hair regrowth and restoration. Virtually everyone agrees that this person, @bridgeburn vastly improved his physical appearance but virtually everyone also agrees that @bridgeburn became thoroughly feminized in terms of appearance. He continued to go by male pronouns but experienced substantial breast growth, facial feminization and a loss of virtually all beard growth while also appearing far younger.

There are ways to do this and still be able to produce children and engage in procreative activities but they require careful planning and disclosure to potential partners. Many females who might be attracted to such "improved" XY's, might not choose them for mating purposes, however.

My hair and feminization results continue and I am thrilled with them but I struggle now to present as male. That's simply a cost of doing this. I did not experience any diminution in beard growth but my belief is that either beard growth removal or diminution is a part of the hair improvement process that might not be avoidable. Some people shrink in stature from the effects of female hormones, from one to three inches! I started my hair loss journey with HRT not being sure whether it would be substantially feminizing or not. It is and it was only after I vastly increased my estrogen supplementation and added oral minoxidil that I began to see my way to full recovery, which continues, in a thrilling fashion. I add pictures every few weeks as indicative of this.

I try not to be cagey about any of this. People message me and compliment me on both my feminization and my hair results but this has turned into all but a full time job for me and it will for most, at least until reaching some sort of maintenance level. I expect to max out on my hair improvement, perhaps in six more months or a year and this includes count, coverage, hair quality and anagen. My hair length continues to grow without diminution in quality but this is not an easy road to hoe. I had an embarrassing shed to baldness about 18 months ago, which appears to have been completely beneficial and benevolent but how many XY's are prepared to go from mere thinning to complete baldness, if that is part of the journey? Very few and most XY's seem to drop out as soon as they see signs of shedding.

I note that @bridgeburn was already essentially horse-shoe bald (unlike me) when he started his HRT journey, so shedding was really not an issue for him. In a certain sense, people already bald beyond the pale and MtF's have an enormous advantage here since stopping HRT to hopefully stop a shed is not really an option.

For me, a lot of this is about the science and about regaining control over my looks and feelings and I have experimented and continue to, freely, hopefully to improve knowledge and to help others and anyone may PM me for help related to any aspect of this but it isn't easy, lamentably.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I am going to try this product to provide feedback related to its value for people who have extensive coverage already but who may have specific thinning areas in the crown or in front that are minimal. I don't have much regard for the "shaking" version so I am going to try this spray version to see if it is able to be applied so as to take a person from almost to at least in person, completely restored in terms of the visual aspect of hair restoration.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Bridegeburn's Protocols

I try to re-post these frequently since many people seek proven protocols even though all items in a stack are frequently unnecessary:

@bridgeburn Dosage Recommendations:

I am trying to keep up a bit with @bridgeburn's dosing as we know that it will work. He was taking his estrogen sublingually so that means more or less it is three times as potent but has a shorter half-life from what I have read. This is about at his 9 month mark, I think:

abcnamed said:

hi, may l ask you, what's your final complete regime now?
which kind of estradiol are you using?
ethinyl estradiol ،valerate?! topical or orally or both? in which dose?,
and are you using cyproterone 50 now?
thanks
.5mg Dutasteride
2.25mg oestrogel topically
2mg estradiol hemihydrate, buccally
50mg cyproterone
10mg oral minoxidil, every other day

In terms of strength, this would be a pretty standard male to female HRT protocol for someone well into transition or maintaining adult female target levels except the CPA is off the charts. This is puzzling because he was doing fine without CPA but he might be struggling with the temples. He cut back on the oral minoxidil because someone alleged that that was causing some/much of his growth. I highly doubt this because the growth he has simply doesn't resemble minoxidil hair growth in its pervasiveness. I don't think anyone is claiming that oral minoxidil on its own could do anything close to his gains. He mentions that oral minoxidil has a short half-life so I am not sure why he didn't just go to 2.5mg twice a day.

He explains that he decreased oral minoxidil dosage due to excessive unwanted hair growth.

On August 25th, 2018, this was his regimen:

Second Cocktail in his own words, dating from late summer to fall of 2018:

1mg dutasteride everyday, 6mg buccal estrofem (a couple times i took 8mg but mostly 6mg a day), 200mg spironolactone, 500mg sulfasalizine, 10mg oral minoxidil every other day and topical minoxidil every other day on alternating days (I don't really measure just cover the area). He also was taking 100 mg of progesterone orally which is a marginal dose. October 2nd, he added one Diane pill per week.

All he really needs in my estimation at this point is the 6mg to 8mg estrofem. The oral minoxidil might be important also but that isn't a hormonal med. He shouldn't need oral minoxidil and sulfasalizine, just one or the other from what I have read as long as a person is using topical minoxidil with the sulfasalizine. I think by this point the spironolactone is largely useless as is the dutatsteride but he doesn't know this because he doesn't test so he can't be sure he is hitting targets, perhaps, without an AA.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Janey, you ignorant sl*t....

New official youtube video of thread. Next time, anyone thinks that I have exceeded myself, well here. Just watch this and avoid any blood pressure rises:

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a Russian riddle: There are two chairs: on the one are sharp peaks, on the other one are erected dicks. Which one would you sit on and which one would you seat your mother? Treatment for male pattern baldness is a very similar situation. Hair and boobs on one chair and bald spot on the other
I sat down in the middle and drink Bicalutamide 50mg + 1mg Finasteride. This should stop the progression, but not grow too big boobs. The main thing is not to find out that I sat down on two chairs at once.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a Russian riddle: There are two chairs: on the one are sharp peaks, on the other one are erected dicks. Which one would you sit on and which one would you seat your mother? Treatment for male pattern baldness is a very similar situation. Hair and boobs on one chair and bald spot on the other
I sat down in the middle and drink Bicalutamide 50mg + 1mg Finasteride. This should stop the progression, but not grow too big boobs. The main thing is not to find out that I sat down on two chairs at once.
On the contrary, bicalutamide will most definitely give you boobs

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Напротив, бикалутамид наверняка даст вам грудь.
Yes, but it's about size. If it is small, it will not be visible under the clothes, and I can also remove it with surgery. The mammary gland can be removed, as long as the breast does not accumulate a lot of fat. But this requires doses of 75mg+

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but it's about size. If it is small, it will not be visible under the clothes, and I can also remove it with surgery. The mammary gland can be removed, as long as the breast does not accumulate a lot of fat. But this requires doses of 75mg+
Large breasts can be grown on small amounts of estrogen although uncommon. There is little way to know though.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Large breasts can be grown on small amounts of estrogen although uncommon. There is little way to know though.
I don't think I will have big breasts. In any case, breasts are a solvable problem. Dead follicles are not
In any case, both an enlarged gland and adipose tissue are problems that are solved by surgery. It's easier for me to solve this problem than the problem of baldness
time will tell us :)

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think I will have big breasts. In any case, breasts are a solvable problem. Dead follicles are not
In any case, both an enlarged gland and adipose tissue are problems that are solved by surgery. It's easier for me to solve this problem than the problem of baldness
time will tell us :)
That's why we are here, hopefully to extend knowledge so cis-guys can make their own best decisions in terms of risk vs. reward.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's why we are here, hopefully to extend knowledge so cis-guys can make their own best decisions in terms of risk vs. reward.
In this regard, my contribution will be significant, because we have practically no examples of using the 50mg bicalutamide scheme for cis guys. I also know someone who has not visited this forum who uses the same scheme. I will definitely report the results to both of us, because Bicalutamide 50mg + Finasteride is potentially the middle ground between risk and reward. This is the only hope for cis guys with early baldness, I have high hopes for this scheme.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In this regard, my contribution will be significant, because we have practically no examples of using the 50mg bicalutamide scheme for cis guys. I also know someone who has not visited this forum who uses the same scheme. I will definitely report the results to both of us, because Bicalutamide 50mg + Finasteride is potentially the middle ground between risk and reward. This is the only hope for cis guys with early baldness, I have high hopes for this scheme.
I will follow your results with interest. Please take lots of pics. My prediction is that you will see a halt to hair loss eventually but you might shed quite a bit getting there. I am doubtful that much regrowth occurs without estrogen but others (without photographic evidence) claim regrowth just from AA's.

I know of no argument however that using bica or spironolactone or CPA is less feminizing than using estrogen alone which makes me wonder why not just use estrogen since it is a natural endogenous hormone but for some reason cis-guys interested in HRT seem to think that AA's are less feminizing than is estrogen. I am not trying to dissuade anyone. We need all the self trials possible but I happen to think that many cis-guys just opt for AA's because they don't say estrogen on the bottle.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Timeline of Pics from 17 to 56 in Order

Except for the first one, these are all from about 52 years of age on and they are in order. People ask about my use of Biestro. Pics four and five show improvement after Biestro but these improvements went away when I went on low-dose estrogen and you can see that things got worse and then I started on spironolactone and you can see the three pics of my massive shed. Then in the red shirt is the middle of last summer followed by about three weeks ago. Changes are happening fast and I haven't been posting pics much so I will try to add some today pics on the tail of this post presently. I have many more pics over the past six years or so here, including dermatitis and feminization pics so people can look and see if this is for them and get an idea of possible progression: https://inpursuitoffeminity.blogspot.com/2020/

1612198430193.png
1612198610984.png
1612198623323.png
1612198517104.png
1612198554887.png
1612198657507.png
1612198678457.png
1612198702364.png
1612198715780.png
1612198742973.png
1612198762322.png
1612198773831.png