Hair is not Life but it's Pretty Damn Close; HRT and Pictorial Posts Prove it.

How far are you willing to go to restore a full head of hair?

• Full-blown Feminization

Votes: 39 15.0%
  • Slight Gyno

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Slight Breast Growth

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Only "Male" Treatments

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Dude, I won't even touch finasteride

Votes: 59 22.7%

• Total voters

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good discussion. It makes you think about how there is both a science and feel to this that is more art-like. Since I have been writing, I am less dogmatic about several things just because so many guys mention issues with reductase inhibitors and the whole interaction between using estradiol and an AA and now oral minoxidil plus I am taking my daily castor oil and still microneedling.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Logically I would say your estriol obviously had to increase because that's what you were taking. Estradiol probably went down because you had an overall increase in estrogens, thus your body figured it didn't need to produce as much of the more potent kind. But since your body still increased estrogen, in the form of E3 in this case, then either this stimulated more 5AR to produce DHT to prevent the T from aromatizing, or your aromatase activity decreased because it is getting some estrogen supplied exogenously, or perhaps a bit of both. Now, if you increased the dosing, who knows, but since E3 is weaker than E2, I could see the body responding by increasing E2, possibly decreasing endogenous E3, if the dose is high enough. But yeah IMO topical is probably the way to go, even if you were trans and taking estrogen orally I suspect that you should also be taking it topically since the goal for hair is addressed in the local tissues.
Agree with your tellings. I believe that because of the E3, E2 went down, as you mentioned, plus I think it happened a bit of both. Now, regarding this part: "Now, if you increased the dosing, who knows, but since E3 is weaker than E2, I could see the body responding by increasing E2, possibly decreasing endogenous E3, if the dose is high enough".
How to get to the balance or into an equilibrium point? I mean having both because we need the E3 as well, not only the E2. Maybe the dosage from Bi-Estro (1 mg E3+0.25 mg E2) it's great for that? Either higher E3 dosage needed alone (makes sense) or something like Bi-Estro, especially for the low doses of E3 (1 mg). I don't know if the low dosage could do more harm than good this is why I am mentioning if E2 needs to be there as well (just a hypothesis and mention it because of the previous responses above). Thank you very much for responding.

**** https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/trying-emu-oil-monoxidil-dmso-estriol-blend.126410/

Here is a great thread. The member was using only 4mg Topical Estriol plus Minoxidil, then changed to only E3+DMSO+Emu Oil (the topical solution), and the results are/were impressive! (Probably, the DMSO here plays a huge role in the absorption of Estriol in comparison to Ethanol+PPG, especially for topical solutions. (Also, I read on some other threads that the Ethanol+PPG mixture is better for absorption than the Cream). So, I believe that all the 4mg of Estriol fully utilized by dissolving it in DMSO).

Last edited:

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One of my buddy used bi-estrocare and he had incredible libido, terrific erections, like when he was a teenager.. sex with his gf was never greater. Also he noticed great skin, etc. He noticed shedding was wayyyy down on it as well.

This is true. Not sure why exactly, but he stopped taking it after while for fear of how estrogen will harm him longterm.

I don't know if it is unequivocally good for hair, I really don't... I have not used it for long enough to say, I think.

When I started using bi-estrocare on testicles instead of applying topically (because I wasn't sure if it was legit) I started getting really itchy nipples, so itchy that it was ridiculous, lol. So I had stopped.
Thank you very much for claryfing this and for your response.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably I need to invest in Pure Estriol Powder or at least a Cream. I think from crushing the pills I am losing potency. As I said before, my Mixture was tested in a Chemistry Lab by a person of mine, and the Estriol was there. The thing is that he wasn't able to calculate the concentration of Estriol. So, I knew that Estriol is there but I didn't know how much of it. I was making the topical with the right solubility and dissolving it first in Ethanol like it should be done. Then, the next day I was adding the PPG and 2-3 ml of water. Even if I was/am able to do 0.97mg/ml Estriol (by calculations), maybe I was/am getting only 0.4mg/ml for example. So, I believe there is a disadvantage, not If Estriol is getting into my mix (this was tested and checked), but the dosage and how much of it is there in the Final Mix/Solution.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree with your tellings. I believe that because of the E3, E2 went down, as you mentioned, plus I think it happened a bit of both. Now, regarding this part: "Now, if you increased the dosing, who knows, but since E3 is weaker than E2, I could see the body responding by increasing E2, possibly decreasing endogenous E3, if the dose is high enough".
How to get to the balance or into an equilibrium point? I mean having both because we need the E3 as well, not only the E2. Maybe the dosage from Bi-Estro (1 mg E3+0.25 mg E2) it's great for that? Either higher E3 dosage needed alone (makes sense) or something like Bi-Estro, especially for the low doses of E3 (1 mg). I don't know if the low dosage could do more harm than good this is why I am mentioning if E2 needs to be there as well (just a hypothesis and mention it because of the previous responses above). Thank you very much for responding.

**** https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/trying-emu-oil-monoxidil-dmso-estriol-blend.126410/

Here is a great thread. The member was using only 4mg Topical Estriol plus Minoxidil, then changed to only E3+DMSO+Emu Oil (the topical solution), and the results are/were impressive! (Probably, the DMSO here plays a huge role in the absorption of Estriol in comparison to Ethanol+PPG, especially for topical solutions. (Also, I read on some other threads that the Ethanol+PPG mixture is better for absorption than the Cream). So, I believe that all the 4mg of Estriol fully utilized by dissolving it in DMSO).
Emu oil? What about Castor Oil? I am probably doing 8 ml daily of that now.

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My current thought is that anyone who can reach 200pg/ml and stay at that level for 18-24 months is very, very likely to experience full restoration or close to it, using only estradiol in any of the various forms. As long as they hit this target with say 9 ng/ml say, I think that it "turns on" hair almost like a light switch in a binary all or nothing pattern, meaning very little noise away from whatever the chosen sum is.

In my xx bhrt group, 200 pg/ml is considered the target Estradiol level to see hair regrowth as well.
May I ask, is "9 ng/ml" your target level for Progesterone? Just want to make sure I'm following this correctly.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my xx bhrt group, 200 pg/ml is considered the target Estradiol level to see hair regrowth as well.
May I ask, is "9 ng/ml" your target level for Progesterone? Just want to make sure I'm following this correctly.
No, that was for T and I probably was referencing my own amount of T on the last test I have not been one to monitor P and they don't break it down on my tests. I have been really happy with my hair progress and will post again soon. It's sort of at that restored "male" stage of recovery and now getting longer. It's like a dream for this to finally happen so don't give up all.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I restarted applying my topical solution of Estriol, this time daily application but I think I should stop... My hair are feeling so wispy all over out of sudden... It is very discouraging that makes me to stop because I am thinking I will do further damage.. I don’t understand though why so sudden. I started using it from November, 4 times per week and since early January and so on, the tumble has started. Now my shedded hair feel very wispy and so thin at /towards the root, it wasn’t like this before. Either I should make it with pure powder ( I really want to try but what I see at the moment it’s making me feel so discouraged and frustrated) either I should stop. Maybe it’s not the Estriol mix as well but I am thinking of that because this is what I started recently.. Maybe I am responding in a bad way and it’s not for me, I really don’t know. It wasn’t like that before as I said, now it started to kick in... Thank you very much all of you.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I restarted applying my topical solution of Estriol, this time daily application but I think I should stop... My hair are feeling so wispy all over out of sudden... It is very discouraging that makes me to stop because I am thinking I will do further damage.. I don’t understand though why so sudden. I started using it from November, 4 times per week and since early January and so on, the tumble has started. Now my shedded hair feel very wispy and so thin at /towards the root, it wasn’t like this before. Either I should make it with pure powder ( I really want to try but what I see at the moment it’s making me feel so discouraged and frustrated) either I should stop. Maybe it’s not the Estriol mix as well but I am thinking of that because this is what I started recently.. Maybe I am responding in a bad way and it’s not for me, I really don’t know. It wasn’t like that before as I said, now it started to kick in... Thank you very much all of you.
What else are you taking?

I think @JaneyElizabeth first experienced some massive sheds on estrogen.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Oral+Topical Finasteride + Topical Minoxidil. Yes I read the stories about the shedding part. It’s not like my shedding increased, I would say it’s pretty much the same. It’s the feeling and the quality of hair that have changed, something like induced a “bad” trigger to all over the scalp out of sudden. I am running my hands through and I am feeling them soft and wispy but soft in a bad way you know. I am worrying as well about this DHT increment (back to baseline) my blood test showed.. I don’t know if Estriol is the culprit for that but as it’s being discussed above, some who were taking Bi-Estro were having increased libido etc. I really don’t know... Thank you very much.

Last edited:

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of newbies think that it only comes down to just blocking DHT. The result is that an overwhelming amount of people immediately just get on "the big 3" without much thought other than "everyone else is doing it". The reality is that, even from a theoretical standpoint, and with the information we have available to us now, the big 3 isn't really even something that makes the most sense. Actually it originated from one single poster who got good results from it, many years ago. As you mentioned, what may work for one may not work for another. I see so many people on these forums trying to copy someone else and expecting it to work the same for them. I myself have been victim of this naive mindset. I am not saying to avoid collaborating or trying out something that someone else did. It's okay to try a regimen to a tee, at times. More often than not, though, you will have to make adjustments that accommodate your own unique individual characteristics anyways. We all know there are people who have completely nuked their DHT and haven't gotten any significant results. In general, the community has such an oversimplified view. The fact of the matter is, instead of banking on a 20 year old method of "the big 3", we should be striving to do better than that, and formulate our OWN regimens that work for us. It takes experimentation and commitment. We should be focusing on building the best version of "the ME 3... or 4, or 5" or 2 or 1 or whatever. It's just frustrating to the point of comedy to see so many users on these forums just recommending "all you need is finasteride and minoxidil bro" - with little to no information about some random person's situation is. I wish it were that simple. If it were, forums like this would be virtually nonexistent. But here we are.

Trust me I know it's more than that.

Last edited:

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started using Bicalutamide 50mg + Finasteride. I will keep the forum updated on the results, expect notifications later this year :)

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes but it probably had more to do with my intemperate use of spironolactone where I didn't titrate slowly enough. But yes, I shed to baldness in just a few weeks. I took lots of pics, hopefully as part of my journey towards victory but it sure hurt in the short run. The big advantage of being an MtF is not needing to stop HRT since it is essentially not possible for HRT to make hair worse in the long run but it can definitely cause quick sheds. Sheds are and will continue to be a focus since I know how sheds complicate all of this in terms of risk/reward terms.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to say that I barely know what Tic Toc is but this is an interesting article about transplants and hair systems. Hair systems don't sound much better than they ever were unfortunately with glue and tape modifications needed. I wonder if hair systems might not be more valuable in the HRT context by helping folks continue the course during sheds.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1611852500971.png

"It's good to be Caesar. See, this laurel head dress is better than hair...."