Hair is not Life but it's Pretty Damn Close; HRT and Pictorial Posts Prove it.

How far are you willing to go to restore a full head of hair?

• Full-blown Feminization

Votes: 39 15.0%
  • Slight Gyno

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Slight Breast Growth

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Only "Male" Treatments

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Dude, I won't even touch finasteride

Votes: 59 22.7%

• Total voters

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I meant. I watched the first three seasons, I think. Are they on season five now? I like the sleazy lawyers just like here in Maryland. I watched all of Breaking Bad but I like Better Call Saul more. I love that he changed his name to a Jewish name to get clients. It's just wonderfully sleazy.
Yeah I do like BCS better than BB. Mike has awesome character development in it too. Season 6 is supposed to come out next year

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Furthest i am willing to go is minor to moderate gyno, which i get from 200mg spironolactone, bica doesn't interest me and cpa is too dangerous for long term use. Estriol is tempting though, maybe too weak. In saying that my hair is still okay, if it was much worse i think my opinion on what i would tolerate would change, i'd probably go full HRT.

Eulen456

My Regimen
Reaction score
Heyho, I am following your journey for quite a long time but I never texted you. Maybe you can help me with my hair. I recently good a trichoscan done + full vitamins bloods. Everything looks as expected. Androgen hair loss. I had quite good results with minoxidil over the past year (topical 5%) eventhou I hate it. I cant really do many hair styles with that on my head. Afaik do i need less than 10ng/dl dht to more or less stop the hair loss. I am currently at 25ng/dl. While on 25mg bica + 4mg e subli. We just added another 2mg of e to get my e2 up and maybe dht down. I also mainly use herb + coffein shampoo. + latanoprost recently

. Here sole question for the expert: Due to my very high prolactin, is it possible that a prolactinraise comes from topical minoxidil? I even had high prolactin pre hrt.

Is there something i can do, to grow more hair or keep my hair ? Even maybe stop minoxidil in tje future.

I know Dr. Powers has a hair Formular, but right now every docs refuses to prescripe it sadly. I am kinda clueless, no matter how much time i spend researching.

Of you need more information just ask me, i have current labs and have some photos if necessary.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Heyho, I am following your journey for quite a long time but I never texted you. Maybe you can help me with my hair. I recently good a trichoscan done + full vitamins bloods. Everything looks as expected. Androgen hair loss. I had quite good results with minoxidil over the past year (topical 5%) eventhou I hate it. I cant really do many hair styles with that on my head. Afaik do i need less than 10ng/dl dht to more or less stop the hair loss. I am currently at 25ng/dl. While on 25mg bica + 4mg e subli. We just added another 2mg of e to get my e2 up and maybe dht down. I also mainly use herb + coffein shampoo. + latanoprost recently

. Here sole question for the expert: Due to my very high prolactin, is it possible that a prolactinraise comes from topical minoxidil? I even had high prolactin pre hrt.

Is there something i can do, to grow more hair or keep my hair ? Even maybe stop minoxidil in tje future.

I know Dr. Powers has a hair Formular, but right now every docs refuses to prescripe it sadly. I am kinda clueless, no matter how much time i spend researching.

Of you need more information just ask me, i have current labs and have some photos if necessary.
We have two main categories following me, MtF's and XY's that I call "just in it for the hair". You might be either so that makes a difference but that is an impressive protocol that you are using. I would be interested in your feelings about latisse, I think is the brand name for what you are using. I ended up only using it on my lashes due to the high cost of the stuff even from Thailand. But then a nice guy on here gifted me some of the dried material but I am not sure how to mix it. I love answering questions on the thread because everyone else can learn but I also answer any more private questions on PM. So far, I have answered ever single one and there have been lots so that gratifies me as a "hair survivor" with survivor's guilt or is it Lazarus guilt?

I am looking forward to discussing your protocol and progress because yours could potentially be what I call a working protocol with the idea being that with you and Bridge and me say, people could try any of those protocols but the goal would be not to tinker but yes titrate upwards but otherwise, take exactly what Bridge took because we know that his protocol worked, at least for one person. When MtF's are trying to created their own protocol, it could be that one tiny difference could be the difference between hair restoration success and maybe more mediocre results. Most people halt hair loss and grow at least a little. I saw a 15 year old boy yesterday and he was close to a cueball already and want to know what treatment to try but even for transplants it is/was too late. Only HRT can work in those circumstances, in my opinion because there is a lot of baldness inertia, I call it, to overcome.

That's also another argument in favor of puberty blockers for young MtF's/non-binary and maybe if height can be continued, we will have "just on puberty blockers for the hair.

Thanks so much for reading and having interest,

Goddess Bless,
Janey

Eulen456

My Regimen
Reaction score
Heyho, I am 26 yeer old mtf.

I am not a huge fan of latisse. Havent really seen much improvent with it. Especially regarding its price. I cant really recommend it.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Heyho, I am 26 yeer old mtf.

I am not a huge fan of latisse. Havent really seen much improvent with it. Especially regarding its price. I cant really recommend it.
I think that we are on the same page there. Oral min seems to work just as well or better for lashes. So tell me about the rest of your meds and hair loss history, titration schedule to get to where you are and how have things been going for you hair-wise?

Eulen456

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started loosing hair at around 18 years old.
I started minoxidil about 15 months ago with good results.

I grew a lot of vellus hair on my receding hair line. My hair on top i sadly quite few and thin.
minoxidil rescued luckily enough so you dont see my scalp. Only if its windy.

So things are going okay, not the best results bit okay. If i could keep my current hair it would be lets say okay. I keep my expectations low

I still loose a lot of hair while brusing, showering.

Do you know anything ablut stopping topical minoxidil?. I dont take oral due to the fact that i need a prescription for it. And i want to take less medication in the future not more.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I grew a lot of vellus hair on my receding hair line. My hair on top i sadly quite few and thin.

So things are going okay, not the best results bit okay. If i could keep my current hair it would be lets say okay. I keep my expectations low

Do you know anything ablut stopping topical minoxidil?. I dont take oral due to the fact that i need a prescription for it. And i want to take less medication in the future not more.
Well, maybe about half of us found a way around that. The pills are best if you can get a prescription and they aren't very expensive but our way is almost free. You get a metric dropper and you want topical but not foam. And you calibrate metric ml to grams of Loniten. So I take 25ml twice a day which equals 25 grams Loniten, which is too much for most people but you can use a fourth of that and 6.25mg once daily starting out is for most guys/MtF's a perfect dose. I haven't used Loniten but we are pretty sure this works the same. I saw guys on Tressless talking about "drinking minoxidil" which seemed hilarious but really, it is more so drizzling minoxidil down one's throat. Topical is about six bucks a bottle on Amazon and probably three bottles is more than enough to last a year, so excellent price-wise and easy to get. My vendor in Thailand doesn't even offer oral min.

Janey

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Brushing Hair:

I think part of the benefit of regrowth/restoration is being able to brush again without fear. For XY's using HRT, it is quickly obvious why there is even more of a benefit. When guys brush their hair, potentially they are just smearing sebum that is already excessive on top, all around. It never seemed to make the hair itself look better in a male context.

In a female context for people with straight hair, it seems to spread the perfect amount of sebum from tip to tip and the hair can often look shinier and nicer all around. Guys have so much sebum and a tendency to hair loss that brushing is much less important and even perhaps counter-productive except for styling while females can brush whenever for hair health. Twice a day is recommended although I have been doing it several times a day since it is still thrilling and new to me. Use a comb when hair is wet as it is stretched and apparently at its most vulnerable.

I only need to wash my hair now every couple of weeks. Without all of that sebum production diminished greatly, it just doesn't get "dirty" unless I working in the garden or something and still, it seems self-cleaning now. Brushing is like a massage for hair. People with longer hair probably want to hold the ends to take stress off and prevent breakage or early telogen. Both articles below are worthwhile but the first one is fascinating about hair washing cycles depleting too much sebum without time for it to build back up. Because male hair seems nothing like this; I often had to wash twice a day if I got sweaty, this is most pertinent for female or males without excessive oil build up.

As my hair has recovered, I have noticed this about covering the strands to be very true. I have also noticed that Keto, which used to work fine in a male context, now strips my head bare of oil for a couple of days and it can look thinner and less full of life until a sebum coating is provided again. I think Head and Shoulders might be a better less harsh option or even Selsun Blue. I also have been using from time to time, an aspirin-based dandruff shampoo and it seems less harsh.

So, guys using Keto cream might notice either better sebum effects or the same sort of washing out of sebum since the cream is on, one supposes, during the night.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I put an article up for you about brushing hair.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will attempt to post pics by the end of the week-end for those folks who are "just in it for the hair" so they can continue evaluating progress via my protocol. A bunch of legal work has raised it ugly head but PM's are completely open for all questions if I am not around as much.
Janey

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Derelict said:

Try alpecin dandruff killer, i prefer it to nizoral.
I am going to buy some and review it as well as Neutrogina T-Cell, Head and Shoulders and Selsun Blue, along with Keto to see which seem to feel good and which are best for daily use. My issue now and it's a good one, I rarely wash my hair any longer because females pretty much only need a boar's hair brush to coat the entire hair shaft with sebum. But I do microneedling and I can test them on the next day to see how they handle inflammation. For the sake of science, I will wash my hair intermittently.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Derelict said:

You should definitely give it a shot, piroctone olamine was found to be superior to ketoconazole in studies, it also contains some other great ingredients . I always use one of those little head massager things when washing my hair too like this https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/hr0AAOSwhRlf8dyY/s-l1600.png
Sure thing. I try to review different things and meds and I will begin going through some of the applicable meds for females, males, and mtf's and those "just in it for the hair" one by one to explain them and any difficulties that they present including cost. Thanks for the recommendation.
Janey

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am trying to watch Goodfellas for the umpteenth time and when they ran this scene, I had to post it for all of my systems brethren. Enjoy:

Last edited: