Hair is actually an overrated trait

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
Fuckin weirdos aren't they! Prefer a hideous whale myself
I might have left out the attractive part. My point was relating to the intense thirst and emotional attachment, to the degree guys feel their lives are over when they no longer have sexual access to young females. To me that seems like a deranged nervous system.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I might have left out the attractive part. My point was relating to the intense thirst and emotional attachment, to the degree guys feel their lives are over when they no longer have sexual access to young females. To me that seems like a deranged nervous system.

It's a defining aspect of masculinity in our culture that we are all brainwashed it. Moreover, there are other benefits to being with an attractive female, it confers greater social status, life is made easier, and better genes are passed on to the offspring, all of which is true up to a point. Obese women are also sweaty, smelly on average. Finally it's part of our nature: even among animals there are beautiful animals and ugly animals.

You might be referring to the desire of some to only have sex with 8/10 women under 25. That's bizarre, yes. It suggests a psychological dysfunction, possibly rooted in personal insecurity.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a defining aspect of masculinity in our culture that we are all brainwashed it. Moreover, there are other benefits to being with an attractive female, it confers greater social status, life is made easier, and better genes are passed on to the offspring, all of which is true up to a point. Obese women are also sweaty, smelly on average. Finally it's part of our nature: even among animals there are beautiful animals and ugly animals.

You might be referring to the desire of some to only have sex with 8/10 women under 25. That's bizarre, yes. It suggests a psychological dysfunction, possibly rooted in personal insecurity.

I'm referring to that 8/10 young female obsession partly. More than that, I'm referring to the intense thirst, IME that's not a product of a well-functioning sex drive. My endogenous testosterone levels are above reference range, and my sexual function is better than in my teens, yet the only time I feel thirsty in that kind of way, is when I am under stress. I remember dating girls and having to have them come over for sex, out of that thirsty, needy kind of feeling, rather than letting things unfold in a more spontaneous way, without strong desire either way, because the brain(at least the parts relating to mood) is(/are) in a good place to begin with. That's my main point, that kind of neediness seems to be a product of poor health. Do you agree with this?

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm referring to that 8/10 young female obsession partly. More than that, I'm referring to the intense thirst, IME that's not a product of a well-functioning sex drive. My endogenous testosterone levels are above reference range, and my sexual function is better than in my teens, yet the only time I feel thirsty in that kind of way, is when I am under stress. I remember dating girls and having to have them come over for sex, out of that thirsty, needy kind of feeling, rather than letting things unfold in a more spontaneous way, without strong desire either way, because the brain(at least the parts relating to mood) is(/are) in a good place to begin with. That's my main point, that kind of neediness seems to be a product of poor health. Do you agree with this?

To emphasize, I don't deny the usefulness of trying to be with an attractive female, but rather usefulness of the intense emotional attachment to it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes, but this is somewhat a forum for people with body dysmorphia so I don't find this surprising.

FWIW I also have an unhealthy sexual function. I'm trying to fix it, am making progress, but the journey is a long one.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, but this is somewhat a forum for people with body dysmorphia so I don't find this surprising.

FWIW I also have an unhealthy sexual function. I'm trying to fix it, am making progress, but the journey is a long one.

"also" as in, like me? My sexual function is extremely good, as stated, testosterone levels above reference range and very high sex drive. Or also as in...? My point was that good sexual function doesn't automatically lead to being thirsty.

I'm curious, btw, what results have you had with your current regimen, and is your main idea to just buy time with minoxidil, until safer maintenance treatments are around?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
"also" as in, like me? My sexual function is extremely good, as stated, testosterone levels above reference range and very high sex drive. Or also as in...? My point was that good sexual function doesn't automatically lead to being thirsty.

I'm curious, btw, what results have you had with your current regimen, and is your main idea to just buy time with minoxidil, until safer maintenance treatments are around?

My regimen is new, about a month old, so I have no results to discuss right now nor have I actually checked to be honest. My thread is here, and I might post progress pics at the 2-month mark, sometime in August:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...emox-minoxidil-ru-oralcastor-otheroils.99202/

I'm hoping to buy time and maybe get some minor regrowth, as well as look as good as possible for this fall as I'm moving to a new city in September, so hopefully some minor regrowth by the ~14 week mark. I expect safer treatments to come out in 2017 (Brotzu) and 2018 (Histogen), I might get a hair transplant in a year or so.

Also, as in I also have poor health, like most of the forum, though not the same problems. I developed erectile dysfunction at age 23 (in 2007) from unknown causes and it's had a devastating impact on my life, including preventing sexual intercourse with multiple attractive women thus culminating in an absence of relationships and human affection. You cannot know the devastation of being in a beautiful woman's apartment, a good woman in various ways, and not being able to do anything, and then this happens multiple times. As per your theory, being in poor sexual health, I have a poor sexual attitude. I've tried various roads to fixing it. I'm now trying a combination of nofap, weight loss, and weight lifting. All of my bioparameters are better, my testosterone is well above average, my sexual function is better but still not satisfactory.

My testosterone was tested in the first week of June, it was ~27 and ~630 or so, up from ~20 and ~500 a year ago. when I had barely started lifting weights. The doctor said to me "testosterone is not your problem".

That is why I cannot do finasteride. I did do 1.25 mg/day for ~30 days and stopped. In that time I developed slurred speech and poor sleep, which I later found out are side effects of finasteride.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
My regimen is new, about a month old, so I have no results to discuss right now nor have I actually checked to be honest. My thread is here, and I might post progress pics at the 2-month mark, sometime in August:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...emox-minoxidil-ru-oralcastor-otheroils.99202/

I'm hoping to buy time and maybe get some minor regrowth, as well as look as good as possible for this fall as I'm moving to a new city in September, so hopefully some minor regrowth by the ~14 week mark. I expect safer treatments to come out in 2017 (Brotzu) and 2018 (Histogen), I might get a hair transplant in a year or so.

Also, as in I also have poor health, like most of the forum, though not the same problems. I developed erectile dysfunction at age 23 (in 2007) from unknown causes and it's had a devastating impact on my life, including preventing sexual intercourse with multiple attractive women thus culminating in an absence of relationships and human affection. You cannot know the devastation of being in a beautiful woman's apartment, a good woman in various ways, and not being able to do anything, and then this happens multiple times. As per your theory, being in poor sexual health, I have a poor sexual attitude. I've tried various roads to fixing it. I'm now trying a combination of nofap, weight loss, and weight lifting. All of my bioparameters are better, my testosterone is well above average, my sexual function is better but still not satisfactory.

My testosterone was tested in the first week of June, it was ~27 and ~630 or so, up from ~20 and ~500 a year ago. when I had barely started lifting weights. The doctor said to me "testosterone is not your problem".

That is why I cannot do finasteride. I did do 1.25 mg/day for ~30 days and stopped. In that time I developed slurred speech and poor sleep, which I later found out are side effects of finasteride.

My test is almost double that. But yeah, I would guess your issue lies elsewhere, I've had many different testosterone levels and they def didn't linearly correlate with sex drive. I'm definitely no expert on the matter. Too bad about your response to finasteride, I'm curious how your regimen goes. I'm a NW2 that is not 100% sure I have Androgenetic Alopecia, seeing a derm soon. If I do have Androgenetic Alopecia, I'm a bit torn between trying finasteride, or just buying time with minoxidil and hoping something safer comes along. I come from less than 10% of my current testosterone levels btw, my fertility has been incredibly low.
I do have some things I'm curious about in relation to your general state, that would relate to you ED. Could I maybe ask you a few things about your general approach to health and current state? Ideally not in this thread I guess.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My test is almost double that. But yeah, I would guess your issue lies elsewhere, I've had many different testosterone levels and they def didn't linearly correlate with sex drive. I'm definitely no expert on the matter. Too bad about your response to finasteride, I'm curious how your regimen goes. I'm a NW2 that is not 100% sure I have Androgenetic Alopecia, seeing a derm soon. If I do have Androgenetic Alopecia, I'm a bit torn between trying finasteride, or just buying time with minoxidil and hoping something safer comes along. I come from less than 10% of my current testosterone levels btw, my fertility has been incredibly low.
I do have some things I'm curious about in relation to your general state, that would relate to you ED. Could I maybe ask you a few things about your general approach to health and current state? Ideally not in this thread I guess.

Here's my nofap thread:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...empt-resolve-sexual-dysfunction-issues.98779/

Here's my intermittent fasting thread:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/the-science-of-intermittent-fasting.98461/

For you, my recommendation is either avoiding finasteride or microdosing it. Microdosing it at the level of ~0.03 mg/day has good scientific rationale behind it and might work better, there's one guy on the forum about to try it out.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score

Hello Constrictedvoid,

What is your state of hair loss like and would you be kind enough to touch on in personal terms how
you've overcome Androgenetic Alopecia's demoralizing element commonly observed and noted here?
Much thanks.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's my nofap thread:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...empt-resolve-sexual-dysfunction-issues.98779/

Here's my intermittent fasting thread:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/the-science-of-intermittent-fasting.98461/

For you, my recommendation is either avoiding finasteride or microdosing it. Microdosing it at the level of ~0.03 mg/day has good scientific rationale behind it and might work better, there's one guy on the forum about to try it out.

What's your caloric intake and BF% like? To you eat entirely to satiety? Do you know your objective body temperature? Do you generally feel colder or warmer than most people? Do you drink fluid when not thirsty? Have you tried any drugs for the ED?

Sorry if excessive, I am quite curious about these things though. They are very related to each other based on my experience and communication with others.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello Constrictedvoid,

What is your state of hair loss like and would you be kind enough to touch on in personal terms how
you've overcome Androgenetic Alopecia's demoralizing element commonly observed and noted here?
Much thanks.

I'm a spoiled NW2 and I haven't fully overcome even that. I just maintain good habits, leading me to have a high energy level and enabling my brain to deal with stress a bit better. As a result of this, I am usually able to maintain a positive outlook in the face of some adversity. If my hair was worse, this would be harder, but when the brain functions well, I can switch to a practical kind of mode, where I try to fix/optimize things, but don't get very attached to outcome.

Practice action without striving and all will be in order.
-Lao Tzu

(requires some level of health, it seems, unfortunately)

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a spoiled NW2 and I haven't fully overcome even that. I just maintain good habits, leading me to have a high energy level and enabling my brain to deal with stress a bit better. As a result of this, I am usually able to maintain a positive outlook in the face of some adversity. If my hair was worse, this would be harder, but when the brain functions well, I can switch to a practical kind of mode, where I try to fix/optimize things, but don't get very attached to outcome.

Practice action without striving and all will be in order.
-Lao Tzu

(requires some level of health, it seems, unfortunately)

Given the state of my hair, I'm probably not the best person to ask, though. All I could say, practically, is enhance general vitality, and the brain is likely to deal better with various problems life throws at you.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Given the state of my hair, I'm probably not the best person to ask, though. All I could say, practically, is enhance general vitality, and the brain is likely to deal better with various problems life throws at you.
Your articulation is astutely executed .
If/when it pleases you it would be interesting to learn from you in finer detail and deeper extent, how your male pattern baldness experience has transformed your former outlook.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
Your articulation is astutely executed . It would be interesting to learn from you in finer detail and deeper extent, how your male pattern baldness experience has transformed your former outlook.

The main thing I've had to accept is that trying to stop male pattern baldness by purely systemic health improvement is an "uphill" battle, hence I am considering bigger guns(finasteride, min). That really did hurt, because every aspect of my life has improved as a result of improving general health. I put "uphill" between quotation marks, because supporting and enhancing general physiological function should be a primary focus in anyone's life anyway, IMO, as the resulting shift in neurophysiology is a much more direct path to happiness than women, status, recreational drug use, etc. Once physiology runs really well, there can be a state of uninterrupted peace and bliss. I am not convinced that's the case for everyone, I'm sure some have genetics or early life environments that put their brain in a state from which that is very hard to reach. It's still a worthwhile goal, IMO. I have some ambition to reverse Androgenetic Alopecia, if I do indeed have it, purely by optimizing systemic health, but another part of me fears losing ground by trying that, what I'll do, I'm not sure of yet. If I posted a picture though, you might be disheartened at how reasonable my hair still is. States of high joy, seem to involve forgetting one's internal model of how one looks, in flow-states, the brain seems to stop being concerned with estimating/creating a model of how one looks moment to moment. When in such states, it is seen that aesthetics are a bonus, the correct functioning of the nervous system is the real gem. But IMO aesthetics are still very much worth pursuing, and male pattern baldness is one of the biggest killers of aesthetics. If one can go ahead and try treatments, do hair transplants, etc, all without feeling overwhelming emotional pain when things don't go right, it's worth a shot. IMO this requires a pleasant state of the nervous system that is not conditional upon anything other than health. The dynamic experience of life, interactions with people, sexual experience, is definitely enhanced when one looks great, though.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
The main thing I've had to accept is that trying to stop male pattern baldness by purely systemic health improvement is an "uphill" battle, hence I am considering bigger guns(finasteride, min). That really did hurt, because every aspect of my life has improved as a result of improving general health. I put "uphill" between quotation marks, because supporting and enhancing general physiological function should be a primary focus in anyone's life anyway, IMO, as the resulting shift in neurophysiology is a much more direct path to happiness than women, status, recreational drug use, etc. Once physiology runs really well, there can be a state of uninterrupted peace and bliss. I am not convinced that's the case for everyone, I'm sure some have genetics or early life environments that put their brain in a state from which that is very hard to reach. It's still a worthwhile goal, IMO. I have some ambition to reverse Androgenetic Alopecia, if I do indeed have it, purely by optimizing systemic health, but another part of me fears losing ground by trying that, what I'll do, I'm not sure of yet. If I posted a picture though, you might be disheartened at how reasonable my hair still is. States of high joy, seem to involve forgetting one's internal model of how one looks, in flow-states, the brain seems to stop being concerned with estimating/creating a model of how one looks moment to moment. When in such states, it is seen that aesthetics are a bonus, the correct functioning of the nervous system is the real gem. But IMO aesthetics are still very much worth pursuing, and male pattern baldness is one of the biggest killers of aesthetics. If one can go ahead and try treatments, do hair transplants, etc, all without feeling overwhelming emotional pain when things don't go right, it's worth a shot. IMO this requires a pleasant state of the nervous system that is not conditional upon anything other than health. The dynamic experience of life, interactions with people, sexual experience, is definitely enhanced when one looks great, though.

Again I appreciate your quick and thoughtful response,
and I agree that general well being may (to some capacity) reasonably rely on a synergistic convergence of commonly accepted health/healthy lifestyle practices.
BTW if it matters to you or not, I am NOT "disheartened by how reasonable your hair still is", but rather encouraged.
You may have to look a little harder and once you do you'll eventually find confirmation that there are several fair minded members on HairLossTalk.com who share my opinion. For starters our star David comes to mind. :)

blackg

Reaction score
I put "uphill" between quotation marks, because supporting and enhancing general physiological function should be a primary focus in anyone's life anyway, IMO, as the resulting shift in neurophysiology is a much more direct path to happiness than women, status, recreational drug use, etc. Once physiology runs really well, there can be a state of uninterrupted peace and bliss.
I think your chasing rainbows, my friend.