Hair is actually an overrated trait

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@h.l.,

The reason Fred (and by extension his sidekick Dante92) advocate hopelessness is a form of coping. If they buy into the fantasy that social mobility doesn't exist in the world, that everybody always dates people of exactly the same attractiveness level, then that validates their philosophy of never trying. Dante is somebody who wants to be miserable and has a sort of psychological BDSM relationship with Fred. Fred articulates the view that the things he doesn't have in life (socioeconomic class, physical health and fitness, confidence, ambition, intelligence, cultural acuity) are exactly the things that don't matter in life. It's a neat coincidence in that regard that doesn't make him pause at all.

It's not reality though. For everybody I know well, and I really mean everybody, there's a significant range in the attractiveness level of the people they've been in long-term relationships with over the years.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps it's different in Europe, but in the US I'm always seeing ugly guys with attractive girls, and average guys with hot girls, and sometimes ugly guys with hot girls. Usually the latter is a case of him being ethnic or rich. I read a study once that said women find less than 10% of men to be attractive, while men consider nearly 40% of women to be attractive.

1) I wouldn't assume that these guys necessarily know what they're talking about when they speak for "Europe". Europe is a big place, with a lot of variations, a lot of segregation, et cetera.

2) The USA has more socioeconomic inequality. It makes sense that factors like money and social influence would yield greater sexual currency there.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about your struggles. You have been through a lot of health issues at such a young age.

Thanks. And I sure have. It has been and is a daily struggle, but if I have to find something positive about this whole situation it is that it's made me a better and more humble person. I'm more caring and forgiving than I would have been had it not been for this hell. But of course I'd rather be without these problems if I had a choice. Ignorance is truly bliss.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. And I sure have. It has been and is a daily struggle, but if I have to find something positive about this whole situation it is that it's made me a better and more humble person. I'm more caring and forgiving than I would have been had it not been for this hell. But of course I'd rather be without these problems if I had a choice. Ignorance is truly bliss.

Blue piller :)

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score

I have had the same experience. I used to be a bit big headed before hair loss and my divorce struck me. These two events have made me more humble. But I have learned my lesson now. I really want to get back to where I was before hair loss. But it's not possible anymore. Before hair loss, I used to date women with certain level of beauty. I have found that I am simply unable to compromise and settle with women that are not at that level. But the problem is that my hair loss and decline in my looks have made it hard for me get those women. Since I can't compromise, I think there is a great chance I will never date a women again. Good thing is that I have a very strong network of family and friends so even though I don't have a women, I don't really feel alone. However, I do need a women to completely get over my divorce. My hair and looks abandoned me when I needed them the most.

shookwun

Reaction score
Acquire zyzz confidence, disregard hair

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had the same experience. I used to be a bit big headed before hair loss and my divorce struck me. These two events have made me more humble. But I have learned my lesson now. I really want to get back to where I was before hair loss. But it's not possible anymore. Before hair loss, I used to date women with certain level of beauty. I have found that I am simply unable to compromise and settle with women that are not at that level. But the problem is that my hair loss and decline in my looks have made it hard for me get those women. Since I can't compromise, I think there is a great chance I will never date a women again. Good thing is that I have a very strong network of family and friends so even though I don't have a women, I don't really feel alone. However, I do need a women to completely get over my divorce. My hair and looks abandoned me when I needed them the most.

Have you considered a hair transplant?

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you considered a hair transplant?

I did visit a really reputed hair transplant surgeon a couple of months ago but since I am around Norwood 2.5 right now, he recommended me not to go for transplant. He advised me to wait to get until hire norwood before considering transplant. I think that's a sound advise because my hairloss is not noticeable to casual observers yet. So I am saving my donor hairs for worse days. Also, I don't think hair transplant can restore what I lost. My density has gone down even in areas where I have hair as a result I can't style my hair like I originally did. No transplant can bring my original density until we have hair cloning/multiplication perfected.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@pjhair, IMO, if it's bothering you now you should get a hair transplant now and not in 2022, assuming you have the money. If you believe hair cloning is around the corner then there's no need for you to conserve your donor hair as well. Just save a few hundred donor hairs and clone them when the time comes.

I'm in the same plane as you, sort of, in that I want to be more attractive to women. Take it from me (I'm 32) that as you age the availability of attractive women dwindles. Many attractive women end up taken, and of the remaining ones, they are either less attractive because they were never attractive in the first place (hence they're single), or because they let themselves go.

You can find a good woman at nearly any age, but it gets harder and harder as you get older.

FWIW, my own plan:

1) Use this regimen of minoxidil/RU/stemox/nizoral/teatreeoil/castor oil for the next while, see where it goes;
2) Use Brotzu lotion when it comes out;
3) Once that stabilizes, some time next year, assess, and consider hair transplant or histogen or kerastem;

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
@pjhair, IMO, if it's bothering you now you should get a hair transplant now and not in 2022, assuming you have the money. If you believe hair cloning is around the corner then there's no need for you to conserve your donor hair as well. Just save a few hundred donor hairs and clone them when the time comes.

I'm in the same plane as you, sort of, in that I want to be more attractive to women. Take it from me (I'm 32) that as you age the availability of attractive women dwindles. Many attractive women end up taken, and of the remaining ones, they are either less attractive because they were never attractive in the first place (hence they're single), or because they let themselves go.

You can find a good woman at nearly any age, but it gets harder and harder as you get older.

FWIW, my own plan:

1) Use this regimen of minoxidil/RU/stemox/nizoral/teatreeoil/castor oil for the next while, see where it goes;
2) Use Brotzu lotion when it comes out;
3) Once that stabilizes, some time next year, assess, and consider hair transplant or histogen or kerastem;

My hair situation does bother me but it can get worse. Also hair transplants' can never get me back to the stage I was before. Another problem with hair transplants' is that they may result in shock loss. Since my hair loss was triggered by finasteride, which is supposed to save hair, I am extremely careful with any treatment. As I am currently NW2.5, I don't want to take a chance at hair transplant and make things worse if shock loss happens. I think if someone is above NW3 then hair transplant makes more sense because it's not like shock loss can hurt significantly at that stage. I already took a risk with finasteride with devastating result, I am not prepared for any more risk. My plan is to just try to maintain what I have. However, if hair cloning is invented in my lifetime, I will definitely get hair transplant.

I think you have a solid plan. I will follow a plan similar to you if and when I get NW3. I hope that never happens.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What does Brotzu lotion do?

Equol does what finasteride does, but does by inhibiting DHT and not 5-alphaR, so it's better.
DGLA possibly does what minoxidil does.
Carnitine does something different.

So it's plausibly an enhanced (by Carnitine) topical finasteride+minoxidil by a different mechanism. Expect to get different side effects. Given the presence of DGLA and Carnitine, there's a chance we might hear more of priapism rather than erectile dysfunction, as PGE1(DGLA) is a primary treatment for ED, and Carnitine is an over-the-counter treatment for ED.

Last edited:

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

This is another difference between the US and Europe.
Here in Spain, the average age for marriage is 31.7 (women). In Denmark, 32. Ireland, 32.3.
In Sweden, 33 for women!

In the US, the average age at first wedding is 27 for women. This would suggest that in Europe you have some more years to "taste the territory" before it gets serious.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fred has never said that someone whould kill themselves if they don't get a hair transplant...

You are right, but he's said everything EXCEPT that, he completely wants people to give up on life, he constantly presses down on people who want to improve themselves in any possible way, because he finds that unacceptable. He responds to people trying to spread some form of positive words of advice, not even about women or anything, just outlook from your own perspective of this life, and he writes "Coping..." as if that's not allowed! It's absolutely insane.

Want to improve your personality to be more likeable? No people will laugh at you for trying. Want to improve your appearance in any way to attract women? LOL no way it's all genetic, 0% chance. Want to, jog, meditate, cook, anything, anything at all, to try and cope with this dreadful situation you're in? DISMISSED- you'll still be bald and it won't stop people mocking you, so everything is essentially pointless. And proof of that attitude here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...r-bald-path-showing.99403/page-3#post-1340307

Someone dares try to do something which is scientifically proven to improve mood?! No! Not in Fred's world, won't let it happen. That wasn't even about getting bic'n'tanned and picking up or any of the ridiculous cliches we hear, it was just simply giving one way of coping, and he can't have that. There was absolutely no link to the advice given and the story he jumped in with, you can't deny that was just a shameless attempt to de-rail what was being discussed and make sure that (in case we didn't know) everyone is still realising baldness is awful.

So if he can't even let people have that, then what does he offer? You don't need me to tell you how regularly he tells guys to "give up", now what he's attempting to literally say is about women, but what he's really saying is to give up on EVERYTHING, because all he talks about is getting women like it's the only thing in life, and offers nothing else in return. It's either a hair transplant or kill yourself.

And how does Fred react to someone who's actually suicidal? This couldn't back up my point any further, and I want you to read the topic post first and take in what some kid behind a keyboard could have been going through, and how Fred responds, then you can tell me again that what I said was uncalled for.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...you-want-to-kill-yourself.98314/#post-1318165

Last edited:

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I won't speak for David but the way I read into that is; I wouldn't say you love being miserable and unattractive, and neither would you choose it. However now that you're in that situation you are a sadist who loves beating yourself up over it, and people like Fred are the kind of f*****g vampires who will "help" you along, and keep you as his posterchild that his "truth" is aiding people.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're welcome, very happy you liked it.

That doesn't surprise me at all. Most fanatics will try (except Jewish ones, I think it's because they don't want other people to become Chosen people, am I right ?). I can't even blame them : they are in their own worlds, all so convinced they know the Truth. They HAVE TO tell you about it. Walking in Jerusalem is basically refusing to hear about Jesus all the time. When one of them asks you the damn question "have you heard about Jesus our saviour", if you say no, they begin their speech, if you say yes, they'll ask how Jusus entered your life and so on and so forth ! Annnd you're trapped !!

And know what ? Your post made me think that this section actually very much looks like the Western Wall. Most people come here and leave their written complaints. A few others will stay here a few hours straight, to recite the same stuff over and over again while swinging back and forth.

As for me being an observer, indeed, I am trying. It's fascinating here, there is a lot of history to learn about.

Anytime :)

Hey F2005, I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures.
Thanks for your kind words ! Indeed I'm very curious and I like travelling around. I'm aware my generation has a quite a bad reputation and some people are, as you said, fascinated with their image online, but it's not as bad as you think :) if you're bold about things, you end up meeting a lot of like minded people.

----------

I'm in West Bank now and it's a whole different story. I definitely need some time to process what i see, but if some of you would like more reports, I'll be glad to share the state of things.

Within Judaism, the wish for conversion has to come from the person wanting to convert. It's made hard for them. It's the opposite mentality. It's likely related to Roman Imperial history, scroll down to page 385 and read:
https://books.google.com.au/books?i...page&q=antoninus pius judaism convert&f=false

Keep sharing your wisdom please :)

Hairon

Established Member
Reaction score
Credentials.

I got girls as soon as I tried. We're 5 years after my first time and it has not become better for me. Still the same quality of girls, the same success ratio (even though my numbers are higher now because I have more time), etc. Despite having greatly improved physically (hair transplant) and as a person (travelling, having a job, being a musician, etc.)

Your sexual market value is fixed: face, build, bone structure, height, hair. The rest is irrelevant.

I just wanted a (n even light) frame for my face, that's all.

I got that and as I've said before, it makes a world of difference.

Again you contradict yourself.
You say hair makes a world difference, but then you say that you got girls as soon as you tried, and even after 5 years it hasn't become better from for you, and that despite having greatly improved physically by hair transplant, the quality and quantity of girls you got stayed the same.

So how hair makes a difference in the dating world, if you're saying it all stayed the same for you?
----------------------

regardless, I don't have to go out and approach women and all that to check my "statues", I already know my SMV because I tried tinder for quite awhile now, I even swiped all right for couple of weeks. so I know my SMV is like -5/10, but forget that, point is you're saying one thing and then you're saying something else entierally.

Hairon

Established Member
Reaction score
You are right, but he's said everything EXCEPT that, he completely wants people to give up on life, he constantly presses down on people who want to improve themselves in any possible way, because he finds that unacceptable. He responds to people trying to spread some form of positive words of advice, not even about women or anything, just outlook from your own perspective of this life, and he writes "Coping..." as if that's not allowed! It's absolutely insane.

Want to improve your personality to be more likeable? No people will laugh at you for trying. Want to improve your appearance in any way to attract women? LOL no way it's all genetic, 0% chance. Want to, jog, meditate, cook, anything, anything at all, to try and cope with this dreadful situation you're in? DISMISSED- you'll still be bald and it won't stop people mocking you, so everything is essentially pointless. And proof of that attitude here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...r-bald-path-showing.99403/page-3#post-1340307

Someone dares try to do something which is scientifically proven to improve mood?! No! Not in Fred's world, won't let it happen. That wasn't even about getting bic'n'tanned and picking up or any of the ridiculous cliches we hear, it was just simply giving one way of coping, and he can't have that. There was absolutely no link to the advice given and the story he jumped in with, you can't deny that was just a shameless attempt to de-rail what was being discussed and make sure that (in case we didn't know) everyone is still realising baldness is awful.

So if he can't even let people have that, then what does he offer? You don't need me to tell you how regularly he tells guys to "give up", now what he's attempting to literally say is about women, but what he's really saying is to give up on EVERYTHING, because all he talks about is getting women like it's the only thing in life, and offers nothing else in return. It's either a hair transplant or kill yourself.

And how does Fred react to someone who's actually suicidal? This couldn't back up my point any further, and I want you to read the topic post first and take in what some kid behind a keyboard could have been going through, and how Fred responds, then you can tell me again that what I said was uncalled for.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...you-want-to-kill-yourself.98314/#post-1318165

Don't expect Evillocks to reply to this, from what I see she only replies to support Fred, and with such a true post as this, with evidences to support what you're saying, everyone who try their best to support Fred's point of view will just keep quiet because there is nothing they can say to defend such proofs of his behavior and way of thinking that you just provided.

Also, Fred, not attacking you or anything, but you yourself stated you have been in psychiatric clinic for 5 months, I think that says more than enough, that your point of view and way of thinking is not 100% sane.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't expect Evillocks to respond to it, but I'll make sure that it is seen.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't expect Evillocks to reply to this, from what I see she only replies to support Fred, and with such a true post as this, with evidences to support what you're saying, everyone who try their best to support Fred's point of view will just keep quiet because there is nothing they can say to defend such proofs of his behavior and way of thinking that you just provided.

Also, Fred, not attacking you or anything, but you yourself stated you have been in psychiatric clinic for 5 months, I think that says more than enough, that your point of view and way of thinking is not 100% sane.

To starters, I agree with most of the general thrust of your recent posts in this thread, but:

1) It's rude to call out Evil Locks when she hasn't antagonised anybody, as far as I know. IMO it's always better to not initiate confrontation on a message board, as it drags down the level of discussion.

2) For all the issues with Fred, it was good of him to seek a psychiatric help. He was having a difficult time and considered a range of options, that's good. We shouldn't stigmatize seeking help.

There is probably nobody out there -- and I really mean nobody -- who is "100% sane". WE all have a little bit of crazy to each of us, and that's probably good.

Hairon

Established Member
Reaction score
To starters, I agree with most of the general thrust of your recent posts in this thread, but:

1) It's rude to call out Evil Locks when she hasn't antagonised anybody, as far as I know. IMO it's always better to not initiate confrontation on a message board, as it drags down the level of discussion.

2) For all the issues with Fred, it was good of him to seek a psychiatric help. He was having a difficult time and considered a range of options, that's good. We shouldn't stigmatize seeking help.

There is probably nobody out there -- and I really mean nobody -- who is "100% sane". WE all have a little bit of crazy to each of us, and that's probably good.

I'm not calling out anybody, simply stating what I've seen.
And I wasn't making fun of Fred either, there is a lot of truth to the things he say, things I agree to as well, I simply think his point of view is too extreme.