Group Buy Thread

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
Wasn't the problem with RUM there was no good vehicle? Or have things changed?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
They are never going to release RU. One of the researchers said that it demasculinized an animals pups if it was applied to the pregnant animal for too long. So teratogenicity is one possible reason why it will never be released. It's a strong antiandrogen that is absorbed topically. That can cause birth defects to developing young. Also the company that acquired it simply probably didn't have hairloss as a primary interest and that there was no real market potential for another potentially sexual side effect inducing antiandrogen thats a pain in the *** to apply when propecia can just be taken orally with no fuss

SHHHHH. Keep this quiet. RU is suppose to be the "safe" alternative to finasteride.

cuprous

Reaction score
It is naive to think that regular RU would have no side effects. If it had none, then there would have been no need for them to come up with RU Myristate.

They are never going to release RU. One of the researchers said that it demasculinized an animals pups if it was applied to the pregnant animal for too long. So teratogenicity is one possible reason why it will never be released. It's a strong antiandrogen that is absorbed topically. That can cause birth defects to developing young. Also the company that acquired it simply probably didn't have hairloss as a primary interest and that there was no real market potential for another potentially sexual side effect inducing antiandrogen thats a pain in the *** to apply when propecia can just be taken orally with no fuss

In my extensive review of RU I have not once come across the claim that "one of the researchers" reported malformed pups. All published papers show no change in hormone levels.

"No systemic effects were detected." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9798729
" devoid of antiandrogenic activity on deep accessory sex organs and of any effect on testosterone level " http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8136306
"Penetration/permeation studies carried out using the Franz diffusion cell proved only negligible permeation of reconstructed epidermis and excised porcine skin within 6 h, implying a more topical action of the drug." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15700772

Propecia can be taken orally with no fuss? Tell that to all the guys who report libido and erectile issues.

I really want to see a reference for your claim about deformed pups.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In my extensive review of RU I have not once come across the claim that "one of the researchers" reported malformed pups. All published papers show no change in hormone levels.

"No systemic effects were detected." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9798729
" devoid of antiandrogenic activity on deep accessory sex organs and of any effect on testosterone level " http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8136306
"Penetration/permeation studies carried out using the Franz diffusion cell proved only negligible permeation of reconstructed epidermis and excised porcine skin within 6 h, implying a more topical action of the drug." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15700772

Propecia can be taken orally with no fuss? Tell that to all the guys who report libido and erectile issues.

I really want to see a reference for your claim about deformed pups.

Not all research gets published. It's from a private communication between Dr Hideo Uno, who did research with RU, and a forum member... from over a decade ago. You can either believe it or not.:

"RU58841, topical formulation, is not entirely safe; if application continued too much, anti-androgenic effect appears. This was done in pregnant rabbit, topical application of RU58841 produced demascularization of pups. No data available in male pattern baldness human. My studies on monkeys showed no shrinkage of the prostate (by MRI) but reduction of lobular size occurred in the seminal vesicles."

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=26207

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't the problem with RUM there was no good vehicle? Or have things changed?

This is the general consensus. Nothing has changed. One member ferox claims he has a german chemist working on a modern lipid nanoparticle vehicle for topical finasteride. This kind of vehicle would be ideal for RU-myristate, because it is the only one which was used to demonstrate its prodrug effect.

cuprous

Reaction score
Not all research gets published. It's from a private communication between Dr Hideo Uno, who did research with RU, and a forum member... from over a decade ago. You can either believe it or not.:

"RU58841, topical formulation, is not entirely safe; if application continued too much, anti-androgenic effect appears. This was done in pregnant rabbit, topical application of RU58841 produced demascularization of pups. No data available in male pattern baldness human. My studies on monkeys showed no shrinkage of the prostate (by MRI) but reduction of lobular size occurred in the seminal vesicles."

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=26207

- - - Updated - - -
This is the general consensus. Nothing has changed. One member ferox claims he has a german chemist working on a modern lipid nanoparticle vehicle for topical finasteride. This kind of vehicle would be ideal for RU-myristate, because it is the only one which was used to demonstrate its prodrug effect.

Ok, thanks for sharing. Interesting, definitely, but without any clue as to dosage, duration, etc, it's hard to conclude anything from a few sentences. Animal studies often do mega-dosing to try and tease out an effect. Pregnant women aren't supposed to even handle Avodart. http://www.rxlist.com/avodart-drug/medication-guide.htm

Hormone panels are pretty cheap.. if we were better organized we'd do a better form of broscience and ask prospective users of whatever medicine to get a panel before and after X weeks. One can dream.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
These buys are NOW CLOSED, brothers. Everything is currently being produced, and we can't sign anyone else into these buys.

We just want to say thanks to everyone who joined in and held up their commitment, and sorry to everyone who expressed their interest too late.

Kenny's_Login

Reaction score
These buys are NOW CLOSED, brothers. Everything is currently being produced, and we can't sign anyone else into these buys.

We just want to say thanks to everyone who joined in and held up their commitment, and sorry to everyone who expressed their interest too late.

I've been lurking for a few months, just decided to join.

There may be enough interested members to justify a second group buy of setipiprant. Can you offer some steps or lessons learned on how to go about doing that? Is it still possible?

I've been on finasteride for four years, and the sides are starting to get worse. I need to get off this crap.

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey another Kenny here, I'm in for the seti. Not RU tho. I live in Canada tho, how will this work?

cuprous

Reaction score
It is naive to think that regular RU would have no side effects. If it had none, then there would have been no need for them to come up with RU Myristate.

This is what kills me.. it was applied (at what concentration, surface coverage??) to PREGNANT animals. There are plenty of hair loss drugs that are a-ok for one sex but not the other. spironolactone cannot be taken orally by men without it killing their maleness. Women are not supposed to even *touch*, like, physically, Dutasteride. http://www.drugs.com/pregnancy/dutasteride.html

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually, they can't touch finasteride. They can probably touch dutasteride lol mainly because dutasteride is in a gel cap usually and it's molecular weight is 527 Daltons when the limit for skin absorption is 500...I know this because I'm trying to figure out how to use dutasteride topically haha

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
there may be a second group buy.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, they can't touch finasteride. They can probably touch dutasteride lol mainly because dutasteride is in a gel cap usually and it's molecular weight is 527 Daltons when the limit for skin absorption is 500...I know this because I'm trying to figure out how to use dutasteride topically haha
there is no point to using it topically. every study with topical 5arI show they go systemic and have the same effect on hormonal levels.

Kenny's_Login

Reaction score
there may be a second group buy.

Good news then. I'll hold off buying OC.

Question: Are there any reports of sides related to alcohol use while taking seti? The hangovers I get while on finasteride feel like I'm at death's door. I know that seti works downstream of DHT and is completely different, but many drugs offer different effects when alcohol is involved.

Reaction score
Greetings friends,

I am helping to organise a setipiprant group buy, though not personally running it. The people doing it can be trusted, and it is always tested for purity via third-party source.

You'll need to be a reasonably trusted member of the forum to get in on this. I'd put more details in this thread but I feel like it's going to border too much along the lines of me trying to shill a product. As such I'm just asking if you are INTERESTED, let me know, I'll explain more, and refer you on to the people running this :)

I'm only doing this because the more numbers I can get the cheaper it'll be for all of us. WE KNOW THIS IS THE FUTURE Let's not wait years to get it legit, we can try it out now and see how we respond. It's a small investment to make with potentially massive ramifications.

Setipiprant can be taken orally for added convenience, or some shall be experimenting with a topical formulation.

throwaway448

Reaction score
I can't PM, I don't know why

The ****ing random questions keep failing for me, and I assume I can't PM because I'm newly registered

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I can't PM either. What are the details? Price & how much are we receiving? Where is it even coming from...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I can't PM either. What are the details? Price & how much are we receiving? Where is it even coming from...

throwaway448

Reaction score
I'm also obviously not a well established forum user

But I'm willing to try this as I've yet to spend any money on hair loss treatments

Reaction score
I can't PM, I don't know why

The ****ing random questions keep failing for me, and I assume I can't PM because I'm newly registered

Sorry I can't PM you either. Keep posting around and as soon as you can PM me.

Maybe you haven't properly verified your account?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never heard of this before, but looks quite interesting. Is it a topical? One of those DIY deals? How much for a one year supply?