Great Regrowth - 4 months minoxidil & 3 months finasteride (22)

makaveli

Reaction score
insane results bro.
really happy for you.
I'm really tipping over towards starting to use Rogaine (have it already bought) , but I'm too afraid of any potential shed.... I have seen some disaster sheds from other people.

Can I just ask: the flakes you seem to have , do you attribute them to anything in your regimen ? Or did you always use to have em ?
Please keep coming back here ... don't forget about us please ... updates like yours bring some light in this dark crappy world :)

Thank you. About the minoxidil, just start it man, you will be good. Maybe you wont even shed, and if you do it will probably only last a couple weeks and you wont notice any cosmetic difference. And of course any hair you shed because of the minoxidil will come back stronger. Dozens of millions of men use it without problems, don't let a few isolated cases on some forums hold you back.

And about the flakes, they are dried residue from the liquid minoxidil. I have a few in some photos yes, but that is because I take them at home and don't care too much when I'm inside, but when I'm going out I just comb my hair a few times and they all come out, no problems.

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you. About the minoxidil, just start it man, you will be good. Maybe you wont even shed, and if you do it will probably only last a couple weeks and you wont notice any cosmetic difference. And of course any hair you shed because of the minoxidil will come back stronger. Dozens of millions of men use it without problems, don't let a few isolated cases on some forums hold you back.

And about the flakes, they are dried residue from the liquid minoxidil. I have a few in some photos yes, but that is because I take them at home and don't care too much when I'm inside, but when I'm going out I just comb my hair a few times and they all come out, no problems.

muchos gracias senor.
really appreciate the feedback.

I had some flaking too from just starting RU in a pg solution.
It's quite interesting that you are using foam AND liquid at the same time ... going at this with all means possible -> I like that approach.
DHT is a powerful thing to combat , so you have to use the big guns to attack it. (I'm on dutasteride (Avodart brand) .5mg / day for 10+ years) ...

I'm 37 'already' - wonder what Rogaine will be able to do for my long dormant follicles...

makaveli

Reaction score
muchos gracias senor.
really appreciate the feedback.

I had some flaking too from just starting RU in a pg solution.
It's quite interesting that you are using foam AND liquid at the same time ... going at this with all means possible -> I like that approach.
DHT is a powerful thing to combat , so you have to use the big guns to attack it. (I'm on dutasteride (Avodart brand) .5mg / day for 10+ years) ...

I'm 37 'already' - wonder what Rogaine will be able to do for my long dormant follicles...

Well, I have an uncle around your age who has been on rogaine only (no finasteride) for years and still have almost a full head of hair ( his 2 brothers are almost slick bald on top). If you have been on finasteride/dutasteride for more than 10 years your dormant follicles maybe have not deteriorated too much and if you are a good responder maybe they will come back to life with a little push from the minoxidil.

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I have an uncle around your age who has been on rogaine only (no finasteride) for years and still have almost a full head of hair ( his 2 brothers are almost slick bald on top). If you have been on finasteride/dutasteride for more than 10 years your dormant follicles maybe have not deteriorated too much and if you are a good responder maybe they will come back to life with a little push from the minoxidil.
you have a good point ... and some proper english (for a spanish dude :) )
I'll probably start it up somewhere next week ...
Thanks for the push ...

this is my head by the way (my hairline is seriously ****ed) - but again : I'm 37 years old.

shareforum.jpg shareforum_hairline.jpg

makaveli

Reaction score
good!
how many months on the big 3?

- - - Updated - - -

I took pictures of all the senses.
I keep the same camera and the same location.

I say a prayer every morning for my big four.
ouimaitre.gif
ouimaitre.gif
vertex is better and lil hair out on my forehead left.
ouimaitre.gif
ouimaitre.gif

Hi! I have been 6 months on minoxidil (5 using it twice a day and in the temples), 5 months on finasteride and 6 on keto.

A thing I forgot to mention in my last update, I don't know if it is because of the minoxidil or it would have happened naturally anyway, but I'm starting to develop a full beard hahaha. I had almost no hair in my cheeks and in the last month or two a lot hairs have started to sprout and a lot of them are already thick. If this is a side effect of the minoxidil I gladly take it :D

WP_20140315_014.jpg

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair is looking really good mate, keep us updated. Although, I wouldn't quite say that was a full beard just yet ;)

On a more serious note, I do think that my eyebrows look thicker and darker. This may be the minoxidil/finasteride.

scalp'hell

Reaction score
On a more serious note, I do think that my eyebrows look thicker and darker. This may be the minoxidil/finasteride.
also for me! they have doubled in size!
does not bother me that my girlfriend like this ^^

the beard grows is probably because of minoxidil.

but it is often transient on minoxidil.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
O noticed the same thing, slightly thicker facial hair and thicker eyebrows. Still nowhere near being able to grow a decent beard, but closer than I was before!

makaveli

Reaction score
Hi guys, quick update. Little hairs keep coming out at the hairline. A few months ago I noticed one long thick hair well below my hairline, seems like he may be getting some company... Will post another pic in a few months to compare:

PicsArt_27_03_2014 18_36_34.jpg

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Congratulations! The successes shared here are always welcomed. All the best.

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
one more question - can you tell us how exactly you apply both foam and liquid minoxidil ?

you still have a decent amount of hair , so I'm guessing getting the minoxidil (especially the foam) on your scalp is a difficult task.
Do you really massage it in hard ? For how long ? any tips on getting the foam to the right places ? (the scalp)
thanks.
please keep updating here , even if you are no longer worried about your hairloss.

makaveli

Reaction score
one more question - can you tell us how exactly you apply both foam and liquid minoxidil ?

you still have a decent amount of hair , so I'm guessing getting the minoxidil (especially the foam) on your scalp is a difficult task.
Do you really massage it in hard ? For how long ? any tips on getting the foam to the right places ? (the scalp)
thanks.
please keep updating here , even if you are no longer worried about your hairloss.

With the liquid I just get the dropper close to the scalp and apply little drops in my crown and hairline. I don't rub it in unless it's dripping onto my forehead because in my opinion most would just end in my fingers and hair. The foam I apply it directly to my scalp from the bottle and just massage it for maybe 10 seconds until the foam has melted and I don't see foam in my hair. Some ends in my hair but it's inevitable.

Gonna post a couple pics, the last ones for a couple months I think, will keep coming back but I need to stay away from here a bit, in the last 4-5 months it has become an habit to visit the forum almost daily and I have to take a break, I have been spending too much time on here. The hairloss forums are too negative and depresing. But like I said I will be checking back from time to time to give you some updates and help someone if needed. The pics:

PicsArt_29_03_2014 20_35_34.jpg
WP_20140318_011.jpg

Good luck people!! Don't hesitate too much if you are having problems and start finasteride and minoxidil as soon as posible, I think I have gotten such results because most of my thinning in the crown happened from summer '12-summer '13 (when I dropped minoxidil, another thing you shouldn't do...)

makaveli

Reaction score
Hi :), got a haircut a few days ago and thought I would give you a quick update. The hair is still improving, the density in the crown/vertex is still lacking a bit. I am going through a shed since last week, hope it will keep improving when it ends.

Left - October, Right - Today . The hair is shorter in the pic from today even if it doesnt look like it.

PicsArt_02_05_2014 12_12_56.jpg

Will update again in one or two months.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Undeniable success. It looks you have a hair color change as well? Congratulations!

faskljdfoei

Reaction score
Very good results! I'm looking at pictures of your hairline and I think you grew back so well because there was still so much hair THERE. It was less than an inch long, baby hair, thin, BUT it was definitely there. I have receding temples too and just started finasteride and minoxidil. Hopefully I can get it back a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

He says in the first post. 1/5 proscar each day. Thats 1mg.