Great Regrowth - 4 months minoxidil & 3 months finasteride (22)

David.G

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm jeaaalous. Thats amazing.

What minoxidil brand and strength did you use if you don't mind me asking? Also, did you buy your finasteride off the internet?

makaveli

Reaction score
I'm jeaaalous. Thats amazing.

What minoxidil brand and strength did you use if you don't mind me asking? Also, did you buy your finasteride off the internet?

Hi, thanks :D. I use the 5%. For the foam I use Rogaine and the liquid I use is from a spanish brand called Lacovin. And I buy my finasteride from a local pharmacy.

PhillyCarter

Banned
Reaction score
Wow congrats on your regrowth! Which one of the products are you liking the most? I find that 1% ketoconazole that is sulfate free is a very important regimen for hair growth.

makaveli

Reaction score
Wow congrats on your regrowth! Which one of the products are you liking the most? I find that 1% ketoconazole that is sulfate free is a very important regimen for hair growth.

Thanks!! I don't hate any of the three but maybe the finasteride is my favorite just because it takes like 3 seconds to pop the pill.

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna post a photo of my results on the hairline so far. 1st pic is taken around the end of august/september, my hair is longer than in the recent pic and as you can see I had the right side covered ok but the left side was looking like ****. The quality of this pic leaves a lot to be desired but my phone back then was pretty bad. The 2nd pic is from a week or so ago, i can have the entire hairline spiked up and it looks so much better. Still room to improve here as I still have a lot of short hairs growing there.

PE_20140123005829.jpg

makaveli

Reaction score
Hi all, today marks 5 months on minoxidil and 3 and a half on finasteride. The crown is the first place I started to lose hair in, so I think it's gonna take more time to fill in (if it does fill in). I always had a considerable cowlick so the crown probably wont ever be completely covered. Needless to say, I am very satisfied and I barely worry too much about my hair lately. Will keep updating this thread though.

Pic from today:

WP_20140201_009.jpg

dvsk13

Reaction score
wow! awesome results man. congrats:pint:

seeing results like these offer me some hope for regrowth, as my crown is currently in a similar state to your November 13, 2013 pic.
Just beginning my battle with the same regimen as you..fingers crossed for the same results.

Cheers,
D

makaveli

Reaction score
wow! awesome results man. congrats:pint:

seeing results like these offer me some hope for regrowth, as my crown is currently in a similar state to your November 13, 2013 pic.
Just beginning my battle with the same regimen as you..fingers crossed for the same results.

Cheers,
D

Thanks! :) Hope all goes well for you and you get the regrowth you want. You know, just stay consistent, patient and think positive. I would also suggest to not take too many photos of your hair in the first few months of treatment and just let the meds do his work (until mid december I just took the two photos you can see in the first post). Good luck!

makaveli

Reaction score
I think I'm going through a shed right now, noticed much more hair coming out in the shower and in the pillow the last 4-5 days. Most of them are short and thin hairs so hopefully things keep improving after this shed.

makaveli

Reaction score
Have you seen any side effects? finasteride is known to have a lot.

No, just a very mild ball ache that lasted a few minutes, probably wouldnt have even noticed it if I wasn't looking for it. This just happened the first week.

- - - Updated - - -

A few photos I have taken in the last couple days before I have a haircut tommorrow.

WP_20140209_003.jpg

WP_20140222_009.jpg

Hair combed up/back:

WP_20140221_002.jpg

If I comb it forward the crown is still thin, but I think it is getting better:

wp_ss_20140221_0001.jpg

Still getting regrowth at the hairline:
WP_20140226_004.jpg

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Thanx for sharing your wonderful progress with us. Wishing you continued success.

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair looking really good.

Do you apply minoxidil to wet/damp/dry hair? You mention that you only rub the minoxidil foam for a few seconds, is that because you apply very small amounts and they have already melted etc in to your hair? Or do you just leave it to dry a little with still some foam in your hair? When I apply the foam, it says in my hair for at least 5 minutes.

Would you consider adding dutasteride/spironolactone to your routine down the line, if you reach your limit on the crown (I hope you fill in though!)?

I'm struggling to apply the foam and any advice would be appreciated :)

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
While I was on the foam I applied it as if I was massaging shampoo into the targeted area(s) and finished with a thorough hand washing. The only drawback for me was I used up a bottle before the months end due to compensating for the amount I lost on my hands. I am aware of the potential systemic issue so that is why I can't emphasize enough about making sure you follow application with a thorough hand washing. I am not a physician so please exercise proper discretion when it comes to your health and safety. All the best.

Do you apply minoxidil to wet/damp/dry hair? You mention that you only rub the minoxidil foam for a few seconds, is that because you apply very small amounts and they have already melted etc in to your hair? Or do you just leave it to dry a little with still some foam in your hair? When I apply the foam, it says in my hair for at least 5 minutes.

Would you consider adding dutasteride/spironolactone to your routine down the line, if you reach your limit on the crown (I hope you fill in though!)?

makaveli

Reaction score
Thanx for sharing your wonderful progress with us. Wishing you continued success.

Thanks man, will keep updating this for a while. Doesnt take much effort to go on here for a few minutes while I am visiting other webs.

I usually apply the foam on dry hair because I use it at noon, at night if I shower late I just apply the liquid on towel dried hair, no problem.

I apply the foam directly to my scalp in four or five places, a generous amount, not too much, not too little. In just a few seconds the foam starts to melt and I just rub it for a bit. If I can see some foam still in the hair I rub it a bit more.

About the dutasteride/spironolactone, probably not, I think I would settle for my actual status (which is better than I hoped for!!), would like to keep my regime as simple as possible so I have a better chance at staying consistent.

makaveli

Reaction score
Hi guys, a lil update. My hairline keeps lowering and my temples filling in, didn't think it was that bad to begin with (well, the temples kind of were, but didn't even realize the hairline had receded that much). I don't remember the last time I had a NW1 hairline, probably since I was 16/17 years old. I found a picture I took in October when I started using minoxidil at the temples:

It was so depressing I couldn't even pull the hair back, just parted it to the sides. The red line is where the hair grew at the center of the hairline. Sorry but the camera of my old cellphone was awful and I couldn't focus the pic:

PicsArt_14_03_2014 21_50_13.jpg

And one I took yesterday :):

WP_20140314_026 (2).jpg

Good luck everyone.

scalp'hell

Reaction score
good!
how many months on the big 3?

- - - Updated - - -

I took pictures of all the senses.
I keep the same camera and the same location.

I say a prayer every morning for my big four.
ouimaitre.gif
ouimaitre.gif
vertex is better and lil hair out on my forehead left.
ouimaitre.gif
ouimaitre.gif

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
insane results bro.
really happy for you.
I'm really tipping over towards starting to use Rogaine (have it already bought) , but I'm too afraid of any potential shed.... I have seen some disaster sheds from other people.

Can I just ask: the flakes you seem to have , do you attribute them to anything in your regimen ? Or did you always use to have em ?
Please keep coming back here ... don't forget about us please ... updates like yours bring some light in this dark crappy world :)