Great Regrowth - 4 months minoxidil & 3 months finasteride (22)

makaveli

Reaction score
Regrowth - 4 months minoxidil & 3 months finasteride (22) (Update)

Hello all, i have been lurking this forum a lot in the last few months and just wanted to register and post my results, maybe I can give someone some encouragement like a lot of stories in this forum gave me when I was starting my regime. I started to thin a bit in the crown at 19-20, I used minoxidil once a day from may-sept in 2012 with good results I think (didnt take photos but hairloss was pretty much stopped) but stupidly (dont ask for motives:smack:) I dropped it and obviously hairloss started again. At the end of this past summer I knew my top was thin, but it wasnt until I saw a pic that I realized how THIN (almost bald) it was, my temples were also thinning and receded a bit. I decided to fight this **** hard and almost inmediately I started using minoxidil again and around a month later I added finasteride. The results...well, I´m just so ****ing happy :):)

My regime:

- minoxidil once a day since september 1 until october 15. minoxidil twice a day since then (Foam at noon and liquid at night).
- 1/5 proscar a day since october 10.
- 2% keto shampoo 2-3 times a week since september 1.

And now the pics, sorry for the flakes in a couple of them haha. First and last pic are 1-2 days after a haircut. The first pic is from october 2, didnt have balls to take one before, but i guess baseline was more or less the same, probably looked better because the hair was longer. Oh and the second pic is from November 13, 2013, just noticed I messed up and wrote 2012.

Aviary Photo_130334168678384411.jpg

A couple more from 2-3 days ago:

WP_20140109_003.jpgWP_20140110_023.jpg

My crown is still a bit thin but i hope it will fill in in a couple more months. I dont have any sides neither from the finasteride or minoxidil.
I will check this thread regularly to see if anyone have any questions. And excuse my english if I made some mistakes but I'm not a native speaker :innocent:

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results, looks like a huge improvement. I have a couple of questions, I hope that's alright.

1) Would you attribute the success to one product more than the other other?
2) You mentioned thinning at the temples. How are you applying minoxidil? How much are you using on the hairline and crown, with both the liquid and foam?

Thanks
Cliff

XXXXXXX

Banned
Reaction score
:pint:

makaveli

Reaction score
Great results, looks like a huge improvement. I have a couple of questions, I hope that's alright.

1) Would you attribute the success to one product more than the other other?
2) You mentioned thinning at the temples. How are you applying minoxidil? How much are you using on the hairline and crown, with both the liquid and foam?

Thanks
Cliff

Of course, no problem.

1) I dont think i can attribute it to one over the other as i have used minoxidil and finasteride at the same time. I think both are important and the best results usually come when used together. The keto shampoo is a good complement that helps to keep my scalp clean and healthy but is not as important as the other two.

2) Yes, my temples were thin and more receded than it looks on the first pic (the hair was combed forward), but they are thicker and regrowing now. With the foam I apply it directly to my scalp (crown and temples) and rub it in for a few seconds. With the liquid I apply it with the dropper to my scalp, I dont rub it in as most of it get caught in my hair and fingers.
I use around 0,2-0,25 ml in each temple and 0,9-1 ml in the crown/vertex, so I use around 1,4-1,5 ml of the liquid. With the foam I cant measure it exactly but it's more than half a capful.

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Man , those are some nice results ! muy muy bien ! (/end of spanish knowledge :) )

I was just wondering about your finasteride intake. You say you use 1/5 proscar a day since october 10. So how much mg would that be in your case, cause you can buy proscar in 1mg and 5mg pills. Also , where do you get your Proscar from ?
(sorry for all the questions, but that just means I'm blown away by your results , so it's a good thing)

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow your results are even more impressive than mine, good job!
Hair is looking solid. We've got the same regimen and started about the same time, good to see you regrowing :D

makaveli

Reaction score
Hey Man , those are some nice results ! muy muy bien ! (/end of spanish knowledge :) )

I was just wondering about your finasteride intake. You say you use 1/5 proscar a day since october 10. So how much mg would that be in your case, cause you can buy proscar in 1mg and 5mg pills. Also , where do you get your Proscar from ?
(sorry for all the questions, but that just means I'm blown away by your results , so it's a good thing)

Thanks man! About the finasteride, I buy proscar 5mg from a local pharmacy and i cut the pill in 5 pieces, so 1mg a day.

Wow your results are even more impressive than mine, good job!
Hair is looking solid. We've got the same regimen and started about the same time, good to see you regrowing :D

haha thanks! Checked your thread, you doing good too :punk:

Donottell

Reaction score
How are u able to cut the pill in 5 pieces? Can you show me maybe a picture of your pill cutter?

makaveli

Reaction score
How are u able to cut the pill in 5 pieces? Can you show me maybe a picture of your pill cutter?

I don't use a pill cutter, just a knife :mrgreen:. I cut them like this:

2868.jpg

Probably not 5 totally equal pieces but i don't mind and don't think it's that important.

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score

Check out the vid if you want: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJT0VLLQrcU

- - - Updated - - -

I use around 0,2-0,25 ml in each temple and 0,9-1 ml in the crown/vertex, so I use around 1,4-1,5 ml of the liquid. With the foam I cant measure it exactly but it's more than half a capful.

Thanks for your reply, that's interesting. I'm starting up on minoxidil shortly (waiting dfor delivery) and only recently started finasteride.

Just a follow up question, with the foam, you use half a cupful for both the crown and vertex? If so, is that an even amount or do you use more on the vertex?

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Which 2% keto shampoo did you use? And would you attribute your succes partly to this shampoo or doesn't it do a lot for you?

pingu_992

Reaction score
nice results, hopefully mine can be something similar in a few months time, just started on minoxidil a week ago and have been a finasteride 1.25 since mid december. i started a thread and have pictures up if you wana check it out. and yeah did you have a period of shedding at all? if so how long into your treatment did it occur, did it last long? and at what point did you notice your hair had stopped falling out? Thanks

makaveli

Reaction score
Did you have any period of shedding?

I think the last two weeks of september and the first few days of october. I noticed more hairs in the shower and the desk but nothing too heavy. And maybe for a few days in mid october when I added the foam and started using minoxidil twice a day.

Thanks for your reply, that's interesting. I'm starting up on minoxidil shortly (waiting dfor delivery) and only recently started finasteride.

Just a follow up question, with the foam, you use half a cupful for both the crown and vertex? If so, is that an even amount or do you use more on the vertex?

I apply it to my scalp directly from the bottle in 4 or 5 places. I just said that because one time I tried to use half a capful but had to end using more to cover it all.

Which 2% keto shampoo did you use? And would you attribute your succes partly to this shampoo or doesn't it do a lot for you?

I just go to the pharmacy and ask for a keto shampoo.The one I have now is Fungarest but the one before was different. As long as it has ketoconazole it doesn't matter. And I think It helps of course, having a clean and healthy scalp is important for keeping and regrowing hair, but the true magic is worked by finasteride and minoxidil. The keto shampoo is a nice addition but I don't think is vital.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna post some pics i have taken today of my results in the temples and hairline too. Started using it in the temples at the same time I started using minoxidil twice a day, so around mid october.

First pic - right temple, second - left temple and the third is a "hole" i had in the hairline close to the right temple. All growing back :)

WP_20140113_024.jpgWP_20140113_021.jpgWP_20140108_003.jpg