Good Luck this November

Aplunk1

Reaction score
November tends to be the month of greatest shedding for our balding friends (in the Northern Hemisphere). The body ejects its older hairs to make room for a winter coat.

Just thought I'd mention to hang in there, fellas.

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
no its def true in the northen hemishphere there was a study that found novemeber to have lowest hair counts and highest shed period. I know i personally shed every year more then normal from sept till end of November. we are not animals but is it that hard to believe that we have hair cycles in patterns over time do to the weather.

peterpaul_02

Reaction score
so for those of you that have noticed big sheds in november, do you have any good news of what dec/jan brings? I just noticed i was starting to shed this past week.....so part may deal with the month and season huh? What should i expect for dec. jan.?

peterpaul_02

Reaction score
I realized I have exactly hit the dreaded 5 month mark on propecia, the 2 month mark on rogaine foam, and november 1st. Needless to say lots of shedding. When I started all of this I just had thinning hair in the front, now its all over. Yikes...but Im trying to believe/hope that all the dht hair was pushed out. I was losing hair for a little over a year before i took action with propecia, so it took awhile to thin up and I guess maybe it takes a while to thickin up. Rome wasn't built in a day? Any similar experiences words of encouragement appreciated....

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
well, I will hit the 6th month soon. and I'm shedding again...perhaps its the 2nd shed.

hang on guys..

Curly2bald

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been shedding bad for a month now...hope it stops after november. :thumbsdown:

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
My derm. says we go through one in fall and spring. Fall being the worst. I'm in Chicago and with the change of weather dramatically happening, I'm going through a rough shed. Comes in strong around Dec. and Jan. Happened to me last year.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry to ask this.

anyone here know why there is this 2nd shed?

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
if you think about it the first shed sheds out weaker hairs and hairs that werre gona fall out anyway then after 6 months are so those new hairs grown in have reached their terminal length all at the same time hence another shed.

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on propecia for 7 months now and My 6th month mark ended In NOVEMBER.

So its been very hectic for me, Im still shedding: So Propecia 6 month + bad shed in nov/dec.

= BAD NEWS!

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes ladies and gentleman - we are animals. Darwin was right. ;)
hh

Br J Dermatol. 1991 Feb;124(2):146-51.Links
Seasonal changes in human hair growth.
Randall VA, Ebling FJ.

Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Bradford, U.K.

Various parameters of hair growth were determined every 28 days for 18 months in 14 healthy Caucasian men aged 18-39 with indoor occupations in Sheffield, U.K. (latitude 53.4 degrees N). In the scalp the proportion of follicles in anagen reached a single peak of over 90% in March, and fell steadily to a trough in September. The number of shed hairs reached a peak around August/September, when least follicles were in anagen. At this time the average loss of hairs was about 60 per day, more than double that during the preceding winter. The rate of growth of the beard was lowest in January and February and increased steadily from March to July to reach a peak about 60% above the winter level. The rate of growth of thigh hair showed a similar pattern though with less pronounced differences. No seasonal fluctuations in finger- or toenail growth were detected.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I think people tend to shed more in fall, this is true for male pattern baldness guys and non male pattern baldness guys.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Demon, my shedding is straight down the middle only and at my hairline. My crown has always been fine. But then again that is where I apply my topicals and those areas are the thinnest. Don't that sound unusual to you. I told you my hair used to be thick all over and it still is but not in those isolated areas. Makes no sense.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Demon, my shedding is straight down the middle only and at my hairline. My crown has always been fine. But then again that is where I apply my topicals and those areas are the thinnest. Don't that sound unusual to you. I told you my hair used to be thick all over and it still is but not in those isolated areas. Makes no sense.

are you saying your hair loss is pattered?

like only thinning in certain areas on the top as opposite to most of us suffering from diffusive thinning ALL OVER the top?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yes mine is patterned right where I happen to part my hair. It just a very narrow band that goes straight down the middle. My hair is similar to how Jayman's hair looks NOW. But I have that small area of thinning but I have been told that is my natural part but its just thinner there. I think it might be some tractional thinning. The hair transplant Doctor said I have very little miniturization. He said I will not go bald. He felt my hair all over and he said its very healthy but that also was about a year ago.