Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think that diffuse thinning with an intact hairline is androgenetic. I remember seeing a man on the street with it and at first it looked like he was thinning on top. But I noticed that he is thinning ALL OVER, not just on top. This is other type of hair loss and not male pattern baldness.

Orwell

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think that diffuse thinning with an intact hairline is androgenetic. I remember seeing a man on the street with it and at first it looked like he was thinning on top. But I noticed that he is thinning ALL OVER, not just on top. This is other type of hair loss and not male pattern baldness.
I think it is more of a subtype of male pattern baldness. Diffuse thinners often respond well to 5ARs.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those that are sharing helpful perspectives, thank you.

I know I’m having male pattern baldness issues in a N7 diffuse pattern. Hairline hasn’t quite receded but has thinned out a great deal. I know male pattern baldness is main cause but in the past I was regrowing enough to at least keep the front density. I’m losing that battle.

After about 2 wasted years on topical Finasteride I’m suffering through Propecia and sides again, trying to make it 6 months. I think I also need to fight T.

have RU and considering CB. Either way I know androgens even with low DHT are wreaking havoc. Only bright side is that I’m jacked at 43 with 10% body fat. Propecia hurting my libido and EQ though.

Attachments

• A2928D60-8054-4508-BFA8-6354CB74279E.jpeg
    A2928D60-8054-4508-BFA8-6354CB74279E.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 279
  • 7CDDC20F-9BCE-45BB-907A-5E880BB2873D.jpeg
    7CDDC20F-9BCE-45BB-907A-5E880BB2873D.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
still using 1mg Propecia ever night. Still getting some sides but managing, haven’t noticed any difference at all, still thinning and the hair that remains is now wispy and lighter.

also the hairline is eroding. not a just temple recession pattern but thinning out center etc.

Attachments

• 2F42EE3F-2479-4A81-9B44-C8BA0F55D42D.jpeg
    2F42EE3F-2479-4A81-9B44-C8BA0F55D42D.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 262
  • 7401128A-2DF7-47B0-ADB3-E155AE8A123B.jpeg
    7401128A-2DF7-47B0-ADB3-E155AE8A123B.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 252

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep popping those pills and forget about hair loss for 2 years. Then re-assess. And im sure you'll keep what u have now.

Keep reminding urself that u have a very good chance of maintaining on finasteride for years to come. Thats how I stopped obsessing over hair loss and taking 43 pics every day.

Orwell

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those that are sharing helpful perspectives, thank you.

I know I’m having male pattern baldness issues in a N7 diffuse pattern. Hairline hasn’t quite receded but has thinned out a great deal. I know male pattern baldness is main cause but in the past I was regrowing enough to at least keep the front density. I’m losing that battle.

After about 2 wasted years on topical Finasteride I’m suffering through Propecia and sides again, trying to make it 6 months. I think I also need to fight T.

have RU and considering CB. Either way I know androgens even with low DHT are wreaking havoc. Only bright side is that I’m jacked at 43 with 10% body fat. Propecia hurting my libido and EQ though.
Has a derm said that you are thinning in a diffuse NW7 pattern?

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's androgenic. It's is called DUPA (diffuse unpatterned alopecia) and nothing can stop it, absolutely nothing.

I have this curse at only 22 years old

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just seems crazy for DUPA to start so fast but my thinning is just about everywhere with more noticeable miniaturization at the hairline. In the 4 years since this started hair has changed completely and density is way worse. Going to stick with the Propecia but so far noticed no change.

does everyone notice the frontal diffuse loss? I’m not sure if it can recover shedding 200+ only most are now shorter than 3 cm before they were all long...

Attachments

• C6164ED2-B6E2-48BF-BD50-E3A127A4DF83.jpeg
    C6164ED2-B6E2-48BF-BD50-E3A127A4DF83.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have objectively thinned. I’m sorry diffuse loss doesn’t meet expectations here but it’s real and the volume is just as difficult to manage.

3 years oral minoxidil, 1.8 years topical Finasteride and now 2 months Propecia and RU and I continue to shed and regrow sad dying hairs, parts widen and hairline is diffusing. I don’t know what to do. I’m thicker in the back.

Attachments

• CB6432FD-F042-4A0F-9667-0911C3CA8F87.jpeg
    CB6432FD-F042-4A0F-9667-0911C3CA8F87.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 188
  • F9409D7D-24C0-4305-AAC8-C79448B1F064.jpeg
    F9409D7D-24C0-4305-AAC8-C79448B1F064.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 201

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dry no sun. I get it. I know it’s good hair I’m just trying to slow it down. As good as it is today it won’t matter if it’s diffused bald by the time I’m 50. If any of the treatments worked I would be gone and move in with my life. But I’m taking meds that make me feel horrible don’t work and I’m not down fighting.

Attachments

• 705C62A0-E647-406B-9C97-300E3EA95C14.jpeg
    705C62A0-E647-406B-9C97-300E3EA95C14.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 185

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had an insane baseline. It’s diffuse and constant heavy shed with regrowing but thinning. Makes sense for age but the 1mg Finasteride seems to only have made it worse. I was on 1% topical Finasteride almost 2 years and that didn’t do much. Iron infusion helped.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get a reason why your red blood cell count is so low and you had to take iron IV's? Low red blood cell count is probably why you have hair loss, not enough oxygen to your scalp. It can also be a matter of life or death. BTW if you think every doctor is competent you have a lot to learn, it took 5 doctors trying to get my blood pressure down to a normal level after chemotherapy. I have been misdiagnosed by doctors, and so have other family members. Finding a good doctor is very hard these days.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I run into the same issue with the established health systems. Labs might be a the very fringe of a wide range and because of that the don’t consider levels clinically relevant.

The ranges are such none sense where a health 20 year old could be in range with an 85 year old.

I raised my levels through supplements and diet to get it just in range so I can’t get more IV support.

digging deeper but, I would think the Propecia would have made a difference if the issue was mainly male pattern baldness. I continue to treat it that way because that is permanent but there’s clear more going on.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude, you're crazy. My brother once had a heart rate of 120 sitting at the dinner table and claimed he was like a hummingbird, and now he has heart failure. You claim having a very low red blood cell count is OK as is taking iron IV's (I was near death when it happened to me). You will learn the lesson the hard way. I have had so many doctor appointments throughout my medical life it is a stack of bills over an inch thick, all paid. The ranges you talk about are used to diagnose conditions and to give warnings about what might be occurring. Low red blood cells with almost no iron in the body is not a normal condition. Only a moron doctor thinks that. There was some guy in here posting a few years back with hair loss, then when he talked more we found out he had a horrible diet with no protein or meat, then was wondering why he couldn't grow hair. Duh. You can post a million times here but that isn't going to stop hair loss, until you get a competent doctor. Or kiss your hair goodbye.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. I run into the same issue with the established health systems. Labs might be a the very fringe of a wide range and because of that the don’t consider levels clinically relevant.

The ranges are such none sense where a health 20 year old could be in range with an 85 year old.

I raised my levels through supplements and diet to get it just in range so I can’t get more IV support.

digging deeper but, I would think the Propecia would have made a difference if the issue was mainly male pattern baldness. I continue to treat it that way because that is permanent but there’s clear more going on.
Yeah CLEARLY, the more going on is your aging, your in your forties. You simply have age related hairloss. No finasteride or minoxidil or iron or whatever is going to fix that. You have to accept your not 20 or 30 anymore. Your not going bald, your just losing density due to age. Stop seeking doctors that are just taking your money and telling you nothing. You need to get mental help. Stop chasing 20 year old girls, settle down with a woman your age. You seem to think the party won't ever stop, but I assure you man you don't want to be that 50-60 year old single guy trying to hit on 20 something's. Don't be that creep. Lol.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah CLEARLY, the more going on is your aging, your in your forties. You simply have age related hairloss. No finasteride or minoxidil or iron or whatever is going to fix that. You have to accept your not 20 or 30 anymore. Your not going bald, your just losing density due to age. Stop seeking doctors that are just taking your money and telling you nothing. You need to get mental help. Stop chasing 20 year old girls, settle down with a woman your age. You seem to think the party won't ever stop, but I assure you man you don't want to be that 50-60 year old single guy trying to hit on 20 something's. Don't be that creep. Lol.
I agree the most part of what you said.

@bluecyclone: bruh, coming from someone who shares the same experiences as you, starting from insane baseline to diffused and jumping on oral finasteride that gave horrendous Telogen Effluvium/sheds then switching topical finasteride which, if I had known, I would not have taken it and partially the fact our diffused hair is a part of aging...acceptance is key to move forward. I still believe one should still maintain and even improve what they currently have and slow aging process.

If any consolation, your hair is at least a Norwood scale below mine and I’m younger than you. f*** social norm and keep getting younger women and besides isn’t 40s the new 30s? Lol

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ha thanks all. I have definitely moved on to age appropriate women, can’t say I still don’t enjoy the attention. I’m in better shape now than I was in my twenties playing college sports to be honest.

I concede a lot could be age related diffusing but there was really no gradual progress. I still can’t accept that losing 300-400 hairs every single time I shower is only age related.

Over two years on some version of Finasteride and 3 years on oral minoxidil and that shed has only slowed following iron infusions. I also have a hard time gauging if my ‘safe’ areas are any more or less dense than my crown and hairline. I just want to slow it down because at this pace it will turn from age normal to balding in about a year/two. Hair grows back but age and AA make that hair thin and prone. Open to any ideas, I’m 3 months back on Propecia with topical Dutasteride once a week, hair has only gotten worse.

Attachments

• 42D60759-0594-4FAA-B002-9B6DB9C1435C.jpeg
    42D60759-0594-4FAA-B002-9B6DB9C1435C.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 263
  • D603886E-94C7-4991-B977-39795E3AE27A.jpeg
    D603886E-94C7-4991-B977-39795E3AE27A.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 238
  • E899B74D-A3D3-4E15-B8E4-A691667F783E.jpeg
    E899B74D-A3D3-4E15-B8E4-A691667F783E.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 55EAD93D-BEEB-42FB-9CC1-7B2A3CB6B9B0.jpeg
    55EAD93D-BEEB-42FB-9CC1-7B2A3CB6B9B0.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 239

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Ha thanks all. I have definitely moved on to age appropriate women, can’t say I still don’t enjoy the attention. I’m in better shape now than I was in my twenties playing college sports to be honest.

I concede a lot could be age related diffusing but there was really no gradual progress. I still can’t accept that losing 300-400 hairs every single time I shower is only age related.

Over two years on some version of Finasteride and 3 years on oral minoxidil and that shed has only slowed following iron infusions. I also have a hard time gauging if my ‘safe’ areas are any more or less dense than my crown and hairline. I just want to slow it down because at this pace it will turn from age normal to balding in about a year/two. Hair grows back but age and AA make that hair thin and prone. Open to any ideas, I’m 3 months back on Propecia with topical Dutasteride once a week, hair has only gotten worse.
Once you can accept that most guys will lose hair in their 40's and beyond, you will finally be able to move on. My density keeps declining despite all my years on finasteride and other treatments. Eventually, genetics will win in the end. The good news is you started late and never had to endure what the majority of the guys who were NW3's and above in their late teens and early 20's.

Don't forget these medication are not cures so you will continue to lose density as you age. In my case, I am the opposite of you. I don't shed abnormal amounts of hair but my density still declines. And since the pandemic, I am not in best shape as I was pre-pandemic so I could blame my loss of density on that but I know very well age and genetics is the true reason. I am glad you are starting to realize the same.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Accepting age and a notable decline, why even use these treatments if they are ineffective against age related male pattern baldness? That’s really where a I get tripped up... 14 dermatologists 2 biopsies and no one will call the AA but they all will say the shedding is abnormal and the sheer number of new hairs is also abnormal related to shed.

If I can break the nightmare that comes
With every shower I’ll chill out. The shed is so f*****g distracting no matter what I’m doing or experiencing I am constantly distracted by falling hair.

would you stop the treatments? Go harder more Dutasteride RU?

Any thoughts on how the Iron IV slowed down the shed and made the hair 400% better for 2 months? Ferritin dropped under 100 and shed started again. Oral Iron at crazy doses never raised my ferritin.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Accepting age and a notable decline, why even use these treatments if they are ineffective against age related male pattern baldness? That’s really where a I get tripped up... 14 dermatologists 2 biopsies and no one will call the AA but they all will say the shedding is abnormal and the sheer number of new hairs is also abnormal related to shed.

If I can break the nightmare that comes
With every shower I’ll chill out. The shed is so f*****g distracting no matter what I’m doing or experiencing I am constantly distracted by falling hair.

would you stop the treatments? Go harder more Dutasteride RU?

Any thoughts on how the Iron IV slowed down the shed and made the hair 400% better for 2 months? Ferritin dropped under 100 and shed started again. Oral Iron at crazy doses never raised my ferritin.
I think age related male pattern baldness can be slowed down by multiple treatments with different mechanisms for hair growth stimulation so it's worth the effort. I don't know much about iron and it's relationship in male pattern baldness. I don't think stopping the treatments is worth the risk of being wrong. I think using finasteride is enough when you don't have aggressive male pattern baldness. How do you know how legit your RU really is? It's from China. You really trust them. I don't anymore.