Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I would welcome grey. If this was clear cut, male pattern baldness, receding hairline etc. sure. I take Propecia or Avodart... get better or stop in 4 months? Maybe toss in some RU. Just doesn’t seem that easy and I’m healthy AF. At 43 I run a 7 minute/per mile marathon, bench 350, smart young GF., decent career, humble, grateful... it is the mind f*** of not knowing what to do or even knowing the parameters of the problem you are trying to solve. Out of desperation I’ve been paying 300.00 for consults with Derek... to be honest he’s 200% more informed than doctors I’ve flown to NYC for... even he thinks it’s Telogen Effluvium and thyroid that’s making AA progressive... but T numbers have all been good. DHT is low AF... I’m about $75k in since this started and still filling a sink with hair every mother f*****g day. No. I didn’t go bald I a year but it feels like I’m going to go bald every day. Here is a photo, 1 year ago... I thought I was already fucked, I’ve lost all the density.
Is that your hair today?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that your hair today?
No. That was July 21 3019. This is today with retrograde nape. Still decent but diffuse thinning top and now hairline.

Attachments

• 9ED7CB79-6EFC-4FEA-BE4C-1009617888D3.jpeg
    9ED7CB79-6EFC-4FEA-BE4C-1009617888D3.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 268
  • B6AE7D6F-74B7-441F-9C84-855D38CD88F8.jpeg
    B6AE7D6F-74B7-441F-9C84-855D38CD88F8.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 265
  • 5061224C-1654-4C72-95C4-EE7E6976E65C.jpeg
    5061224C-1654-4C72-95C4-EE7E6976E65C.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 264

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think I can tolerate even the topical Dutasteride... Massive shedding and rape of hairline density. I might shift to RU only and maybe a microdose finasteride.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. That was July 21 3019. This is today with retrograde nape. Still decent but diffuse thinning top and now hairline.

you have harsher bdd than I do and that says a lot lol.
you have perfect hair on the pic you posted on the former page, and even in these pics above you have really good amount of hair, it doesn't even look like hair loss to me, like doctorhouse says it looks like your hair is turning grey and that's why it looks more diffused, I can see lots of greyed hairs in the areas where u say it's thin, try dying your hair (the roots) to black and see how difference your hair looks, my bet your hair will suddenly look way thicker and it will confirm it's just your hair turning grey.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not saying I don't still have decent hair. But it has been less than three years and I have not been able to slow down the shedding. I started with amazing hair at 40 and it's now just a matter if watching myself decay. I want the grey, it looks much better. The BDD if you insist has nothing to do with looks. It's constant shed and hopeless of this pathetic situation.

My sides are real, I try to come or convince myself it never hurt. I'm worried even if I give up on my hair that I'll never be the same. Let alone that the risk was worthless and instill lost it all anyway or most likely accelerated it. I can live with being held I cant live with the regret.

The first photo was under two years ago... The outdoor one was last week. I'm fucked. Maybe not bald in a year or 3 or 5 but a sad sad version of where I started.

Attachments

• A77A9095-1AD3-4AC7-B10E-2079317C117D.jpeg
    A77A9095-1AD3-4AC7-B10E-2079317C117D.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 2E273B6F-03CB-4E76-B06C-E8708B037E04.jpeg
    2E273B6F-03CB-4E76-B06C-E8708B037E04.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

straitlines

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been quietly following some of the threads in this forum and this one is definitely the weirdest.

You have a head full of hair, dude. Stop filling yourself with hairloss medications you clearly don’t need.

Go and live your life. Stop wasting it away worrying about something that’s not there.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been quietly following some of the threads in this forum and this one is definitely the weirdest.

You have a head full of hair, dude. Stop filling yourself with hairloss medications you clearly don’t need.

Go and live your life. Stop wasting it away worrying about something that’s not there.
Thanks man. But this is a diffuse mess. First photo yes. But this... diffuse hidden by length.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have DUPA or retrograde alopecia
Thanks. Apparently it doesn’t matter over 40 and I should just cut my dick off.

I’ve thrown almost everything at it and nothing has slowed the shed, I had so much to loose that I’ve been able to manage but side by side and when wet it’s a f*****g disaster. I really never thought it could change so damn fast, GOAT to thin mess in under 3 years ON TREATMENTS

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Apparently it doesn’t matter over 40 and I should just cut my dick off.

I’ve thrown almost everything at it and nothing has slowed the shed, I had so much to loose that I’ve been able to manage but side by side and when wet it’s a f*****g disaster. I really never thought it could change so damn fast, GOAT to thin mess in under 3 years ON TREATMENTS
U tried oral finasteride? If so for how long?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
2 months June 2017 Then switch to topical
hair was still solid then but shedding never stopped or slowed. Felt like the second half of my dick was frozen, cold to the touch, depressed, ball ache, no libido, watery semen even tried cabergoline and alchemy to fight through. IF it was helping my hair I would pressed in longer.

a lot of people believe in topical, my assumption was it would be the same as reduced dose at the least.

1 month October 2019
Massive shed, pivotal change where the thinning hit then forelock and temples like never before also lost at the nape. Same symptoms. Stopped and upped topical from .5 to 1% both high doses for a PGE solution.

been mixing in topcial Dutasteride once a weak only thing I noticed is more recession.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2 months on finasteride isn't long enough to know anything about how it affects your hair, other than the weak hairs will drop off and you will think it isn't working. It takes 6 months to notice anything since hair grows back slowly, and a year to really tell the difference. Absolutely no one sees an improvement in only two months.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rethinking this whole thing.

just got six months of brand Avodart

Is it possible to take a normal or even lower dose with HCG to keep sides away and to keep fertility?
Would an AI help?

my concern is the elevated T and impact on hairline.

hlhopp

My Regimen
Reaction score
This could have been f*****g prevented. I am about through a lawsuit at the doctor that has insisted since 2016 that I don’t have Androgenic Alopecia.
Out of desperation I’ve been paying 300.00 for consults with Derek... to be honest he’s 200% more informed than doctors I’ve flown to NYC for... even he thinks it’s Telogen Effluvium and thyroid that’s making AA progressive... but T numbers have all been good. DHT is low AF... I’m about $75k in since this started and still filling a sink with hair every mother f*****g day.

That first doctor is right. The one you should be suing is Derek.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair is fucked it is male pattern baldness always was and I wasted time chasing everything else. Now I don’t know what the f*** to do. My density is GONE and I definitely also have retrograde. Under three years from GOAT hair to garbage constant shed that never slows. What f*****g good is a NW1 hairline when you’re diffused as f*** on the entire top. I can’t even get a transplant in the future because of the diffuse.

Attachments

• F2DDA1F4-9678-4BCD-AD51-ADA21011FCB6.jpeg
    F2DDA1F4-9678-4BCD-AD51-ADA21011FCB6.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 206
  • C906F666-D226-4F39-A1F6-BC9FD740A961.jpeg
    C906F666-D226-4F39-A1F6-BC9FD740A961.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 184

Pleasenotsoearly

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** man...
We’re severe diffuse thinners... i have thinning similar to yours. And a lot of people were saying that it’s nothing too, but it progressed. That’s the thing it slowly diffusing over time without obvious male pattern baldness pattern. Plus i feel like it’s kind of retrograde alopecia too, cause hair on my sides and in the back are way thinner too.

But you’re way older than me, and kept your hair...

im embracing bald look in future...
Finasteride fucked me up.

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair is fucked it is male pattern baldness always was and I wasted time chasing everything else. Now I don’t know what the f*** to do. My density is GONE and I definitely also have retrograde. Under three years from GOAT hair to garbage constant shed that never slows. What f*****g good is a NW1 hairline when you’re diffused as f*** on the entire top. I can’t even get a transplant in the future because of the diffuse.

I’ll give you one thing man, you have some thick skin. The amount of sh*t people give you around here is off the charts, but to my knowledge you’ve never blown up on anyone regardless of their dismissing your claims or insulting you personally.

I admit that I had my doubts for quite some time with regard to whether you were even thinning, but I think it’s clear now that you are and yet you still get sh*t on constantly. I do think you have some level of BDD going down, (though nowhere near Northface’s level), that makes you see something worse than what is actually occurring and that you have engineered yourself into a sh*t position with too many medications and the panic induced by a situation you have no control over.

I do hope you find something that works, but I think the key to that is going to be reducing your intake to only 1-2 things and stick with it for at least 6 months if not a year. Start up, keep your head buzzed, then evaluate after a few months. It will be hard as sh*t, but I think it’s your best shot.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your hair still looks great relative to many others. and I would tell you what drug you need to take to keep all that but you won't do it, so I'll save my breath. In three more years you will figure it out, after it is too late.