Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ll give you one thing man, you have some thick skin. The amount of sh*t people give you around here is off the charts, but to my knowledge you’ve never blown up on anyone regardless of their dismissing your claims or insulting you personally.

I admit that I had my doubts for quite some time with regard to whether you were even thinning, but I think it’s clear now that you are and yet you still get sh*t on constantly. I do think you have some level of BDD going down, (though nowhere near Northface’s level), that makes you see something worse than what is actually occurring and that you have engineered yourself into a sh*t position with too many medications and the panic induced by a situation you have no control over.

I do hope you find something that works, but I think the key to that is going to be reducing your intake to only 1-2 things and stick with it for at least 6 months if not a year. Start up, keep your head buzzed, then evaluate after a few months. It will be hard as sh*t, but I think it’s your best shot.

The guy really does get too much hate. I think that the first two years of this thread have had the unfortunate effect of rolling over into the third. While it’s true that there was nothing there during the former period and so call outs were inevitable and justified, the past year has changed that. His loss is obvious at this point. It’s not as bad as he thinks it is, but it is definitely noticeable and progressing.

I too admire his ability to stay cool, civil, and decent in interactions with those who don’t do the same for him.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just can’t tolerate the oral AA’s I’ve given then multiple attempts and the mental sides more than anything make it a no go.

I know how fast this is happening. Nothing seems to make a dent. So open to any ideas that don’t involve oral AA’s.

mom not really worried about the criticism I know this sh*t is real and everybody on this forum has some issue.

Temples and forelock going fast.

Attachments

• 6C0DC722-856C-4724-85BE-B6E63D660311.jpeg
    6C0DC722-856C-4724-85BE-B6E63D660311.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 225
  • 7CCE89C4-ADF7-466D-81B0-8203EA6849B5.jpeg
    7CCE89C4-ADF7-466D-81B0-8203EA6849B5.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 224

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Balding is living rent free in your head it looks like. And ur not even balding. Good job wasting ur time and health retard.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
The latest pictures show thinning at the hairline.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is diffuse thinning hairline all the way through the Norwood region and it’s happening very fast. Guess I’ll try RU again I’m desperate. I have topical Dutasteride as well. Nothing is slowing this down.

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Temples and forelock going fast.

OBJECTIVE ASSESSMENT
After 3+ years, USD 75k+ on treatments and 36+ thread pages,
do everybody a favor and let's OBJECTIVELY assess it all together.

Your B/A pics are BIASED to support "I'm balding", i.e.
BEFORE >> AFTER:
=================
distant Camera / Mirror >> Selfie for increased Forehead (see pic below);
soft Light >> Sun on Follicles for thinning effect;
front Shot >> Shot from above for curved hailine / recession effect;
clean / dry Hair >> greasy / wet Hair for reduced density;
Temple combover >> Temple exposed + Hand pulling for recession emphasize;
etc...
Even women would look bald like that -
and even at that point it's not convincing that you are...

Take B/As with SAME / SIMILAR CONFIG:
- Light,
- Head & Camera positions;
- pic Quality (Resolution, Levels, WB, Saturation etc.),
- Hair length & style (Combing, Wetness, Greasiness etc.),

Careful with distance, aka Selfie Vs Camera shot:
http://annawu.com/blog/2011/09/focal-length-comparison/
focal-16-vs-200.jpg

In other Words:
- choose 3-5 QUALITY BEFORE PICs with same / shorter Hair length than now,
- if necessary, TRIM your hair to the pics,
- take AFTER pics with similar CONFIG (see above),
- POST here for assessment;

If your hairloss is as you describe it, i.e.
"Temples and Forelock gone",
"GOAT to diffuse Mess",
"one inch Part" etc.,
it will be a no-brainer to confirm with pics.

Last edited:

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
These are good points. Not trying to intently make it look worse, I usually feel the thinning or air/sun and take random selfie. Derm just did some follicle close-up some thinning but in a square inch still less than 20% miniaturization. Just need to slow the shed. Getting a cut tomorrow. I’ll take some new base like pics. Still doesn’t change the objective thinning and change in my hair from when this all started. Age, genetics, and a flawed approach to rearm went got me here faster than I might have otherwise. Only trying to slow and stabilize. At 43 that’s not that crazy. I keep on the topical Finasteride and topical Dutasteride once a week.

I’m worried it’s the test doing the real damage as it seems the from got much worse on AA’s. Need a better topical, the PGE isn’t great and the lipsomal cream is hard to use.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude objectively my hair is f*****g decimated from baseline. I probably made the whole ducking thing worse. I’m still shedding a f*** ton daily. There are thin holes everywhere. I’m throwing topical Dutasteride oral minoxidil RU HGH every mother f*****g thing I can at it and it’s still f*****g dying. f*** this. At least I’ll die at 45 with hair before mother fuckers get to see it. This didn’t need to happen ducking bullshit doctors did this by f*****g hormones.

Pleasenotsoearly

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude objectively my hair is f*****g decimated from baseline. I probably made the whole ducking thing worse. I’m still shedding a f*** ton daily. There are thin holes everywhere. I’m throwing topical Dutasteride oral minoxidil RU HGH every mother f*****g thing I can at it and it’s still f*****g dying. f*** this. At least I’ll die at 45 with hair before mother fuckers get to see it. This didn’t need to happen ducking bullshit doctors did this by f*****g hormones.

Dude, i understand that it sucks to lose hair. But you’re in your 40’s and you kept your hair for long enough already. There are dudes who are way more bald and in their 20’s. I haven’t thoroughly read every page of this thread, but from what I’ve seen you’re not progressing super fast, so i don’t think you’re going fully bald in a matter of couple years. There are still ways to style your hair so it looks nice even if it’s thinner.

Just calm down a bit and keep your head up.

Pleasenotsoearly

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, and also it’s ridiculous how people deny this dude’s hair loss. It’s obviously there, very similar to my thinning pattern, but i guess my hair is finer to begin with so it looks worse. And I’m 23.

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude objectively my hair is f*****g decimated from baseline...

More words won't prove your point any further.
Pics as per my above post will.

Yeah, and also it’s ridiculous how people deny this dude’s hair loss. It’s obviously there...

It's not ridiculous till it's proven.
If "it's obviously there", it's easy to prove with B/As.

"Temples and Forelock gone" are a no-brainer to spot.
I am all for it, if proven.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
The hairline is thinning and receding much faster than ever before. I’m using topical Dutasteride and RU and shedding will not slow. All hairs are tapered at the root. There are dense patches of vellus hairs along the entire hairline.

Attachments

• 06F55B4C-8DB3-4AB0-B5FF-27209753A1F5.jpeg
    06F55B4C-8DB3-4AB0-B5FF-27209753A1F5.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 528ABCD0-CCA5-4726-BE32-1ECA71B37AE3.jpeg
    528ABCD0-CCA5-4726-BE32-1ECA71B37AE3.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 298FA2B6-7BE0-4316-907A-69BF7A985495.jpeg
    298FA2B6-7BE0-4316-907A-69BF7A985495.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 172
  • CECA0361-EA53-4EB4-9A5D-AE9DE3573697.jpeg
    CECA0361-EA53-4EB4-9A5D-AE9DE3573697.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 6402AB6E-1133-42CD-8F78-8F179A6EE924.jpeg
    6402AB6E-1133-42CD-8F78-8F179A6EE924.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 181

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The hairline is thinning and receding much faster than ever before. I’m using topical Dutasteride and RU and shedding will not slow. All hairs are tapered at the root. There are dense patches of vellus hairs along the entire hairline.
Yeah, just keep ignoring @LowHairLine posts.
There is nothing to see on these pics.

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You are avoiding the proposed objective assessment.

It looks like you don't want the truth -
you prefer keeping alive your balding story.

It's your right to do so -
but so is everyone's not to believe it.

Till proven with evidence.

PS:
I see no obvious receding on last pics -
your hair looks gorgeous & I would sacrifice a few virgins for it...

Last edited:

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
only read the first 2 pages but did that retard really

1. said he wants to get a child soon
2. hence doesnt want to take oral finasteride
3. decided to TOPICAL finasteride instead which can be easly transfered to his wife/gf and eventually to the unborn baby leading to some serious damage

hillarious

this being said: people who cry about their hairloss but are not willing to take ORAL finasteride or dutas should be ignored. i think the reason they come and back crying about hairloss can be compared to little children how wont stop crying until their mom buys them finally the toy the want to have except in this case its not a toy but some miracle drug which cures hairloss without the risk of side effects

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I've made some facetious posts here, not to mock the guy, but to get him to understand that the amount of stress he is experiencing isn't worth it, and that he should instead be thankful for what he has, leave this forum, and enjoy his great life.

He could have taken finasteride 3 years ago orally if he was really worried, and stopped if he experienced side effects.

He could have had a 100 graft transplant to his hairline and been done. Would have cost him less than a thousand dollars at $8 per graft.

He could have simply done nothing, and, well, just enjoyed his life with really good hair.

All of these alternatives seemed much better than what ended up transpiring.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've not read through this thread, but I saw in an above post that the issue of taking a 5AR inhibitor when you want to start a family has been mentioned. The possible negative effects of 5AR inhibitors on a man's fertilty is understandably a big concern for a lot of guys. For what its worth, I've been using dutasteride for the last six years, and have become a father to a healthy child during that time, with another child currently on the way. The actor Ashton Kutcher took dutasteride for ten years and also became a father while using the drug. This study found that the decrease in DHT induced by 5AR inhibitors is associated with mild decreases in semen parameters that appear reversible after discontinuation: https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/92/5/1659/2598215

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've not read through this thread, but I saw in an above post that the issue of taking a 5AR inhibitor when you want to start a family has been mentioned. For what its worth, I've been using dutasteride for the last six years, and have become a father to a healthy child during that time, with another child currently on the way. The actor Ashton Kutcher took dutasteride for ten years and also became a father while using the drug. This study found that the decrease in DHT induced by 5AR inhibitors is associated with mild decreases in semen parameters that appear reversible after discontinuation: https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/92/5/1659/2598215

LMAO, THE ASHTON KUTCHER STORY AGAIN HAHAHHAHA, UN f*****g BELIEVABLE.

And no, he was not on dutasteride when he had the children, firstly he took it for 8 years not 10 and secondly, his doctor advised him to stop taking it with 6 months before, and after he was done with the kid making he never started again, he mentioned all of it on a recent podcast plus the fact that since he stopped dutasteride he is having low T and problems with it and that his doctor told him that the low T is from the prolonged dutasteride use...

And besides that, without trying to be mean or something but your anecdotal experience means close to nothing in the grand scheme of things and does not mean that others will have the same experience or faith, but congrats anyways, the fact that the child was not affected by it matters the most and that's what is important in the end...

Last edited: