Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

platinums

Reaction score
This thread has 100+ pages, what advice could he get that he doesn't already know of? Hair loss treatments are limited
In a way I agree, but:

1. It can take years to figure out a regimen that works for you. Minimum of 6 months to see if something works, I've stopped and started a few different things over the years.

2. It's all contained in one thread

3.This forum isn't that active anyway, without these active posters it would be a ghost town

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao

Apparently Tom Brady is a part of the secret elite who has access to secret hair growth methods

.. but Johnny Depp, Prince Harry, Lebron, Nic Cage, John Travolta somehow aren't

Come on now

Athletes normally have quite above average hair. I guess the healthy lifestyle and not worrying about finances helps, unless you play basketball

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Athletes normally have quite above average hair. I guess the healthy lifestyle and not worrying about finances helps, unless you play basketball
Nope

A lot of athletes are bald/balding. Especially high DHT men like boxers and wrestlers. I remember a football team coach complaining about how his whole team is on finasteride

Lifestyle has very little to do with hair loss, it's 99% genetics

If physical fitness could prevent baldness, a lot of men would be willing to go extreme on that route

Please don't contribute to those misinformed stigmas

Last edited:

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really a high bar to compete with, is it?

But yes he's a good looking guy, we all know that. With his tan and muscles, and given he's in his 40's, he could go fully bald tomorrow and be just fine.

Would he look as impressive as he does now? No, but it's not like he's fighting deformity.
guess why he posts the pics... and claims was an accident later^^

i mean i get it, obviously we all dont want to be bald, but this is next level...

to the football quote: nearly everyone who has people watching them is on finasteride (given they know about it) the minute they start balding...
in sports, they wouldnt be better of or worse... that is mainly ego (again, understandable)...
movie stars and so on wouldnt sell if they are bald, musicians neither (of course there are sub genres where it doesnt matter)...

cant everybody be as good looking as zlatan^^

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree that continuing this thread is stupid. It’s actually been active for so long that the same 3 pieces of advice keep getting recycled. He posts the same hair, and people just keep reassuring him. There’s really nothing other then finasteride and min either topical or oral, and micro needling that works. He knows the treatments, no one on a forum is going to figure anything out. You either take treatments or continue balding, and if treatments don’t work, then maybe a coping forum is better. OP isn’t even balding which makes it even more absurd

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I agree that continuing this thread is stupid. It’s actually been active for so long that the same 3 pieces of advice keep getting recycled. He posts the same hair, and people just keep reassuring him. There’s really nothing other then finasteride and min either topical or oral, and micro needling that works. He knows the treatments, no one on a forum is going to figure anything out. You either take treatments or continue balding, and if treatments don’t work, then maybe a coping forum is better. OP isn’t even balding which makes it even more absurd
All true but when you have BDD, you will seek validation for an eternity. He loves it when you say he has great hair for his age especially from those who are half his age or younger. He still wants to feel young. Middle age is not easy to accept for some if you have worried about your looks all your life.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread has 100+ pages, what advice could he get that he doesn't already know of? Hair loss treatments are limited
Facts, it's either minoxidil and or finasteride. That's really it. Anything else is to extreme imo and you should just let nature take it's course. Finasteride should be the first treatment followed by messy *** minoxidil which can decimate your hair.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Being age related doesn't mean it can't be treated, and that he's not allowed to ask for advice on treating it
I am only for asking advice on treatment. If I tolerated Finasteride better I’d shut up and move on. The constant shedding has to be insane. Here is a side by side from the Trichologist and Baumen. Trying to get an appointment with Bernstein.

mine side is December 2020 the other is last week September 22, 2021. The diffusing is real. I’m unsure about the back and sides as they should be safe. I’m trying to transition to Propecia 3x week and oral minoxidil daily, nutrafol and less stress/better sleep.

Attachments

• 0793837C-8246-4B65-9438-A9A7D8B55822.jpeg
    0793837C-8246-4B65-9438-A9A7D8B55822.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 9A9C02B3-AB2F-46E0-B5E3-52FFD1DBFBC1.jpeg
    9A9C02B3-AB2F-46E0-B5E3-52FFD1DBFBC1.jpeg
    396.3 KB · Views: 215

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am only for asking advice on treatment. If I tolerated Finasteride better I’d shut up and move on. The constant shedding has to be insane. Here is a side by side from the Trichologist and Baumen. Trying to get an appointment with Bernstein.

mine side is December 2020 the other is last week September 22, 2021. The diffusing is real. I’m unsure about the back and sides as they should be safe. I’m trying to transition to Propecia 3x week and oral minoxidil daily, nutrafol and less stress/better sleep.
The only difference in those is that in one your hair is clean and dry, and the other it’s greasier. Cmon man what kind of advice do you want that you haven’t gotten in 4 years? You can use finasteride and min (either topical or oral) and micronendle. THATS IT DUDE. You know this tho

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Insulting to most guys on here lol

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get it that it’s mild especially cosmetically. The way it feels is much different and there is significant thinning. The baseline was unreal. I am staying on one form of Finasteride and oral minoxidil and have been for years. I’ve tweaked with some topical stand RU along the way but since 2018 until May this year it was always Oral Minoxidil with some for of Finasteride. Fucked up dropping the oral minoxidil and maybe the Strut topical is bad compared to Chemistry RX.

I debate if it’s Test driving the issues.

hopeful24

Reaction score
Facts, it's either minoxidil and or finasteride. That's really it. Anything else is to extreme imo and you should just let nature take it's course. Finasteride should be the first treatment followed by messy *** minoxidil which can decimate your hair.

Ignoring the OP's imaginary problems- what do you mean about Minoxidil ''decimating" one's hair?

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve got to ask...what exactly are you putting in your hair? Why does it always look super dirty and greasy? Half the problem is that your hair strands are all stuck together which is going to compromise coverage on anyone. From the older pictures you’ve put up, it seems like your hair isn’t naturally that way, so it has to be something you’re doing to it.

platinums

Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve got to ask...what exactly are you putting in your hair? Why does it always look super dirty and greasy? Half the problem is that your hair strands are all stuck together which is going to compromise coverage on anyone. From the older pictures you’ve put up, it seems like your hair isn’t naturally that way, so it has to be something you’re doing to it.

One of the first things I noticed when I started thinning, was that my scalp felt really unhealthy, my hair texture changed to almost straw-like, and it became greasy really fast.

Just saying that it's very possible that this is a side effect of thinning rather than something he is doing himself.

Bazza86

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in a state of utter panic. After my last derm visit 4/28. My female derm said she thought my issues were 15% MPD at the most though provided no other diagnosis.

I asked what I could do that would be safe and could help retain hair. She said there is never harm in Rogaine. I started that regimen on what was still a very think head of hair with thinning at the crown.

After about 5 days the sheds went from max 40 per day to literally handfuls of hair and it has gotten worse now that I am in week seven. Long think 5-8 inch hairs are falling like rain. The are all T hairs.

I don't know what to do. Stop now and hope I can return to the fast but in context acceptable look or continue to watch my hair become noticeable bald.

I wish I read more of the Rogaine posts before starting, Two hair seems, ranked doctor's in a major market reassured me that I could do no harm with Rogaine. At 300-400 hairs per shower I can't imagine what this will look like at the month 3 assessment. Next derm visit is in September.

Also doing Ketokonozal 2% 3/week. Paleo diet. Iron supplements (per doctor) and a Capillus 202 3/week.

I'm ready to stop all cold turkey accept the diet and iron.

The loss is diffuse and began 8/1/2016.

Please advise.
Are you taking the piss mate ? You do realise you are on a forum for balding people don't you !? You just posted pictures looking hairer than bigfoot . I'd suggest you delete this waste of a time post !!

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you taking the piss mate ? You do realise you are on a forum for balding people don't you !? You just posted pictures looking hairer than bigfoot . I'd suggest you delete this waste of a time post !!
That dude is a lost cause, for 5 years he's been acting like he is suffering from terminal illness over shedding that is most likely caused by stress and extremely minor and insignificant (if any) thinning.

He has never made a post where he tries to help someone else or at least not only talked about himself. In fact he remakes the same post over and over again, isn't all the way there in terms of interacting with other members, and strictly uses this forum to receive compliments for his looks.