Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Thanks Janey, just the shedding volume is making it impossible to keep pace with regrowth. I think some is related to oral minoxidil, shed in it but shedding more trying to ease off.

diameter of each hair varies a lot some are definitely malformed, tapered roots thin. The hairs I’m losing most of are whispy and about 4 inches.

I dropped topical Dutasteride and now use .25 Strut topical Finasteride gel only. Thinking about the protor product but get similar vibes to RU, unsure of the make up and whether or not it will be sustainable. Also had a long time commitment.
Thats the problem. You don't believe in an MD who specializes in hair loss. I told you he is legit. Do you trust me? You have seen my hair? Does it look like his product is a failure. You have to remember I took a genetic test that said I would respond poorly to finasteride. So that is why I stick with Proxiphen.

JaneyElizabeth

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats the problem. You don't believe in an MD who specializes in hair loss. I told you he is legit. Do you trust me? You have seen my hair? Does it look like his product is a failure. You have to remember I took a genetic test that said I would respond poorly to finasteride. So that is why I stick with Proxiphen.
What is Proxiphen?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
What is Proxiphen?
A topical created by Dr Proctor who specializes in hair loss. He created as an alternative to people who responded poorly to traditional hair loss treatments. He has a degree in pharmacology and dermatology. He is an MD that practices in Texas.

JaneyElizabeth

My Regimen
Reaction score
A topical created by Dr Proctor who specializes in hair loss. He created as an alternative to people who responded poorly to traditional hair loss treatments. He has a degree in pharmacology and dermatology. He is an MD that practices in Texas.
What is in it? It sounds like another option for some of these younger guys.

Better Call Neg

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What does it cost and where do you get it?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
What is in it? It sounds like another option for some of these younger guys.
Not really. Most can't afford it. I would only recommend it for those who cannot use finasteride or have hair loss with unknown causes. It has spironolactone, small percent of minoxidil, phenytoin, various SODS, NANO, TEMPOL and other ingredients that treat hair loss at all angles.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Is there a difference with proxiphen and prox n?
Proxiphen is more powerful but Proctor states Prox-N along with his NANO shampoo would be a good alternative if you can't afford Proxiphen. The advantage to Prox-N over minoxidil is that it will continue to work more long term. He developed Prox-N for those who responded poorly to minoxidil.

JaneyElizabeth

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really. Most can't afford it. I would only recommend it for those who cannot use finasteride or have hair loss with unknown causes. It has spironolactone, small percent of minoxidil, phenytoin, various SODS, NANO, TEMPOL and other ingredients that treat hair loss at all angles.
A lot of guys have said that you need spironolactone metabolites for it to work. I also had someone just contact me who is trying a Medroxyprogesterone Acetate, also known as Provera, minoxidil topical which I have never heard of before. I take 10 mg orally every day but it is presumed to only lower T and not block receptors like spironolactone so I am uncertain as to its efficacy as a topical.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
A lot of guys have said that you need spironolactone metabolites for it to work. I also had someone just contact me who is trying a Medroxyprogesterone Acetate, also known as Provera, minoxidil topical which I have never heard of before. I take 10 mg orally every day but it is presumed to only lower T and not block receptors like spironolactone so I am uncertain as to its efficacy as a topical.
It seems to be effective for me. I have tried not using Proxiphen and my hair gets worse. I recently went back to using it daily and my hair has improved. It is an expensive long term commitment but it helps me deter having to get a hair transplant so far.

JaneyElizabeth

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems to be effective for me. I have tried not using Proxiphen and my hair gets worse. I recently went back to using it daily and my hair has improved. It is an expensive long term commitment but it helps me deter having to get a hair transplant so far.
Avoiding a transplant is key in case anything ever does come down through the pipeline because it won't work generally on scar tissue either in the donor area or on top. Microneedling might regenerate such tissue though and that is why microneedling is such an exciting treatment to me. It also works great on face and neck.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Avoiding a transplant is key in case anything ever does come down through the pipeline because it won't work generally on scar tissue either in the donor area or on top. Microneedling might regenerate such tissue though and that is why microneedling is such an exciting treatment to me. It also works great on face and neck.
I tried micro needling but it scared me every time I heard my hair strands go "crunch".

JaneyElizabeth

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried micro needling but it scared me every time I heard my hair strands go "crunch".
Longer needles help. I do all of my fringe even though it is high. It also helps there with scar tissue. When you massage for a long time you hear crunchy sounds and then when you don't anymore, I think that means less fibrosis, perhaps. I just passed the mark a couple of months back. I also massage and microneedle my forehead as this is an area of tension. People can also try botox on the masseter muscles. It's not expensive and I have done that too.

Norwoody

My Regimen
Reaction score
It definitely works, but yeah I have accidentally cut hairs while doing it too. I think the key is to use something like a 192 needle roller instead of the 540. The more needles the more hair gets caught. Dermastamping works well and doesn't seem to cut off any hairs, but it's much more time consuming.

JaneyElizabeth

My Regimen
Reaction score
It definitely works, but yeah I have accidentally cut hairs while doing it too. I think the key is to use something like a 192 needle roller instead of the 540. The more needles the more hair gets caught. Dermastamping works well and doesn't seem to cut off any hairs, but it's much more time consuming.
Good point. They always tout the 540 ones as being better but it's like Min 2 percent vs 5 percent. It depends on one's situation and goals which is better.

Norwoody

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good point. They always tout the 540 ones as being better but it's like Min 2 percent vs 5 percent. It depends on one's situation and goals which is better.
True. If you are using it on slick bald areas then obviously 540 would be better. But if there's areas with a good amount of terminal hair then 192 is the way to go IMO.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw Baumen confirmed 100% Male Pattern Baldness. He said it was clear from the volume of new hairs verus mature that I have experienced persistent and abnormal shedding.

I got a shorter haircut and the loss of density and nearly gone temples is very clear. Still shedding 200+ daily. People immediately asked me what happened to my hair. They ‘loved my hair’ why would I do that.

The look is one thing but with the length gone I feel bald and the relief I thought I’d get from shedding long hairs didn’t happen just the same amount of shorter hairs. It’s really the whole NW7 area. I keep trying with Finasteride but it gives me sides and hasn’t seemed to slow anything down.

just want to kill myself rather than go bald. Just don’t feel like myslef this was just too fast and too much of a surprise add the regret that I could have stopped it or made it worse or fucked my health in the mean time and I’m done.

Last edited:

Hephaistos1002

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw Baumen confirmed 100% Male Pattern Baldness. He said it was clear from the volume of new hairs verus mature that I have experienced persistent and abnormal shedding.

I got a shorter haircut and the loss of density and nearly gone temples is very clear. Still shedding 200+ daily. People immediately asked me what happened to my hair. They ‘loved my hair’ why would I do that.

The look is one thing but with the length gone I feel bald and the relief I thought I’d get from shedding long hairs didn’t happen just the same amount of shorter hairs. It’s really the whole NW7 area. I keep trying with Finasteride but it gives me sides and hasn’t seemed to slow anything down.

just want to kill myself rather than go bald. Just don’t feel like myslef this was just too fast and too much of a surprise add the regret that I could have stopped it or made it worse or fucked my health in the mean time and I’m done.
Dude please no. Do you need special help? For us to call an emergency Line or some mental health related professionnal?
You are tall handsome muscular AND you have hair. I Know this is hard, but you bill be harder than this