Going Bald In Less Than A Year, Need Advice

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s just thinning fast and I keep f*****g up when it comes to treatment, either not working or feeling sides. I’ve lost a ton of density. I am careful brushing. The ‘grease’ is the topical Finasteride gel. I stopped oral minoxidil and hair color changed.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
i would just start and stop medication every few days... seems to be working fine... especially when you dont even need the harder drugs...

sirthepony

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same with me, started shedding like mad one year ago, hair line doesnt move, its all over the scalp. About 4 weeks ago i started minoxidil and finasteride but got puffy face from minoxidil and went off, now im experiencing brain fog and some kind of mental tiredness from the finasteride and not sure if im gonna continue, started shedding like mad again, probably cause of minoxidil or finasteride
Sometimes when you start those drugs, you'll shed a lot a few months after but then it'll start to regrow.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's about time you gave up that grease factory
How can one do that? Because I simply have tried everything and nothing has ever worked. Actually, the only thing I haven't tried yet is tea tree shampoo, but sh*t it's too much expensive and I guess I can't find here in my country.

I have to wash my hair every day because it gets greasy by night. In fact, I work out before I shower so things get significantly worse, but when I was younger I could wash it with water only and have no problems, which is something that I can't do nowadays otherwise I'll get acne/zits on certain spots. Total pain in the ***. Considered taking accutane to shut down my oil glands but really scared of side effects.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can one do that? Because I simply have tried everything and nothing has ever worked. Actually, the only thing I haven't tried yet is tea tree shampoo, but sh*t it's too much expensive and I guess I can't find here in my country.

I have to wash my hair every day because it gets greasy by night. In fact, I work out before I shower so things get significantly worse, but when I was younger I could wash it with water only and have no problems, which is something that I can't do nowadays otherwise I'll get acne/zits on certain spots. Total pain in the ***. Considered taking accutane to shut down my oil glands but really scared of side effects.
Try ketoconazole or Selsun Blue (salicylic acid)

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try ketoconazole or Selsun Blue (salicylic acid)
Tried the first but the second one doesn't sell in my country and the shipping is way too expensive, unfortunately

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about Clearasil?
There's a similar brand here called neutrogena acne proofing, which is some kind of gel to put on your face. It has good reviews and some people say they are satisfied with the results. I'm planning to try but afraid of using it on scalp and develop some allergic reaction (had one in the past for other reason and made me terrified to put things on my scalp other than shampoo)

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a similar brand here called neutrogena acne proofing, which is some kind of gel to put on your face. It has good reviews and some people say they are satisfied with the results. I'm planning to try but afraid of using it on scalp and develop some allergic reaction (had one in the past for other reason and made me terrified to put things on my scalp other than shampoo)
Maybe try diluting it

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What ever you do don't use accutane, for your hairs sake

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello, i'm 19, i've been losing my hair for 18 years. Sorry for my English, I'm French. I understand what you are going through, because if I was not on finasteride I would have committed suicide. My baldness was very aggressive, I had visible holes in the space of 2 months of falling, I had become a zombie, just like you, the physique is very important to me, you could be my dad, but when I see your photos of your hair in the sink it reminds me of what I was going through a few months ago. Today I am posting this comment to tell you with everything you are taking against Androgenetic Alopecia, I think your fall is unrelated to DHT because you are taking dutasteride etc and it seems weird to me especially that the hair you are losing does not seem to be thinning, it is all the same diameter, maybe you have something else, like an autoimmune disease or something else that you don't know?

dutasteridenonresponder

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my first post in this forum. I am a 26 year old guy with a norwood 3 diffuse pattern. I have actually lost a noticeable amount of hair since 2017, unlike OP. This dude is either a major troll or mentally ill, his hair is the same or better in the last posts than the first ones from 2017. Sheds are probably due to the constant change in treatment (adding oral min then stopping, adding duta then stopping) people are meant to stay on this treatments for a year at the minimum.

For guys like me and many others, who are actually being f***ed by the norwood reaper, seeing this guy posts pictures of the same hairline is sickening.

Get a life dude, you're 44 and still have a better hairline than most of the young dudes out here. Fucks sake.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my first post in this forum. I am a 26 year old guy with a norwood 3 diffuse pattern. I have actually lost a noticeable amount of hair since 2017, unlike OP. This dude is either a major troll or mentally ill, his hair is the same or better in the last posts than the first ones from 2017. Sheds are probably due to the constant change in treatment (adding oral min then stopping, adding duta then stopping) people are meant to stay on this treatments for a year at the minimum.

For guys like me and many others, who are actually being f***ed by the norwood reaper, seeing this guy posts pictures of the same hairline is sickening.

Get a life dude, you're 44 and still have a better hairline than most of the young dudes out here. Fucks sake.
It's the hair equivalent of posting enormous dick pics on a small penis help forum.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude I’m fucked thinning. I think it’s 50 Medicine 50 male pattern baldness

Attachments

• 52866E2F-C37B-44E5-B49B-2C40C7BDF3F5.jpeg
    52866E2F-C37B-44E5-B49B-2C40C7BDF3F5.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 217

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey does anyone have any knowledge or experience with thinning due to Bupropion and Wellbutrin? I was put on these 8 months ago and the hair really thinned out, same shedding but this time no regrowth. Thinning is basically all over hidden by what’s left of my long and curly hair. Hairline also getting thin AF Telogen Effluvium

I have only been using topical Finasteride from strut since seeing Baumen in May.

so at 40 I started:

doxycline 500
Levy thyroxine 125
Cytomel 10

stopped and started
Propecia
Oral Minoxidil

sides immediately but stayed on a month. Test dropped from 1000 to 520. They put me in topical test. I stopped after 1 month before realized it is a hair killer.

from there I juggled:

RU
Topical Finasteride
OraMinoxidil

+ the meds above, the swapped test for HCG

cold turkey on AAs when the sides came back. Stayed in HCG to recover 4 months

doctor added Trazodone, Doxysocin, Bupropion, tretenoin face to all of the above.

got labs and my test that was 1120 4 months ago was 700 with sides.

basically I’m sticking with all of this sh*t and adding back some HCG to fix sides.

TLDR I’m on about 15 medications, at least ten have internet threads saying they cause diffuse thinning. When stop sh*t I get sides. I stopped bupropion and sank into depression week later, lost a girl. Back on and hair is shedding most are week and safe AF. The diffuse thinning is real. Last year my hair was still dense, f*** even March is salvageable.

many input on these medications and would be help. Cold turkey after a internet post cost me a girlfriend.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey does anyone have any knowledge or experience with thinning due to Bupropion and Wellbutrin? I was put on these 8 months ago and the hair really thinned out, same shedding but this time no regrowth. Thinning is basically all over hidden by what’s left of my long and curly hair. Hairline also getting thin AF Telogen Effluvium

I have only been using topical Finasteride from strut since seeing Baumen in May.

so at 40 I started:

doxycline 500
Levy thyroxine 125
Cytomel 10

stopped and started
Propecia
Oral Minoxidil

sides immediately but stayed on a month. Test dropped from 1000 to 520. They put me in topical test. I stopped after 1 month before realized it is a hair killer.

from there I juggled:

RU
Topical Finasteride
OraMinoxidil

+ the meds above, the swapped test for HCG

cold turkey on AAs when the sides came back. Stayed in HCG to recover 4 months

doctor added Trazodone, Doxysocin, Bupropion, tretenoin face to all of the above.

got labs and my test that was 1120 4 months ago was 700 with sides.

basically I’m sticking with all of this sh*t and adding back some HCG to fix sides.

TLDR I’m on about 15 medications, at least ten have internet threads saying they cause diffuse thinning. When stop sh*t I get sides. I stopped bupropion and sank into depression week later, lost a girl. Back on and hair is shedding most are week and safe AF. The diffuse thinning is real. Last year my hair was still dense, f*** even March is salvageable.

many input on these medications and would be help. Cold turkey after a internet post cost me a girlfriend.
Photo from August 20 2020 leaving girl that lefts place.

Attachments

• 94CF042C-1F73-4927-8D56-598E05040C2B.jpeg
    94CF042C-1F73-4927-8D56-598E05040C2B.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 243