God this forum is so negativ

B

Beingbaldsucksass

You're just being polite. If other people's reaction to my appearance is any indication, I in fact don't look normal at all. If I looked normal their eyes would just pass over me, but they all go straight to my head with looks of disgust and shock. I may not be the elephant man but I don't look good and I know it.

I'm not the polite type, I know a bald guy in my area that look freakish, his head is too big for his low height (1.63-4) , his face look old as well, he look 20 years older then his real age,

you however look ok, you don't have anything freaky in you, I bet you imagining, you have decent face and a good shape head, when I first sew your avatar I thought your a rocker, you also have height and that's not a small thing believe me as a 1.70 guy,

Your just bald, not ugly just bald, sometimes I see ugly guys with hair and better looking guys without, it's more about the face

Actually something that you and I have in common is a long head, the longest your head and neck and thinner, the better youl look bald, the shorter and wider types actually look uglier, like Andre Agassi, long head is like statham and wilis, my father was bald since his 20 and was allwayes normal looking because of the long and thin head, it makes the horseshoe to be higher and smaller, therefore less visible,and also give more frame to the face

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Actually something that you and I have in common is a long head, the longest your head and neck and thinner, the better youl look bald, the shorter and wider types actually look uglier, like Andre Agassi, long head is like statham and wilis, my father was bald since his 20 and was allwayes normal looking because of the long and thin head, it makes the horseshoe to be higher and smaller, therefore less visible,and also give more frame to the face

I agree.

My face is the wider type :freak:

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
There is people what worry way to much about going bald i mean i know how the ones who are worrying feel i worried when i started going bald at 16 i dont worry now though it is what it is and i bet the ones worrying look good bald.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
^ Your signature... how do you feel about being hated for something that is beyond your control?

B

Beingbaldsucksass

^ Your signature... how do you feel about being hated for something that is beyond your control?

Seariously I never heard of someone being hated for his baldness, maybe he will not attract girls, but hated? Why? I think it's your negativity and hate that makes you hated

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You can't see it because your not bald. I have hate coming at me from all directions and have done nothing to deserve it. I wish I could just go into a coma and live the rest of my life in a dream rather than deal with my reality. But that is my reality, just be grateful it isn't yours.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Hated for something i cant control? no one hates me for being bald no one says anything about it (only friends and family but just joking about) and if they did hate then i wouldnt care anyway why do you get hate comments because you are going bald/bald?

B

Beingbaldsucksass

You can't see it because your not bald. I have hate coming at me from all directions and have done nothing to deserve it. I wish I could just go into a coma and live the rest of my life in a dream rather than deal with my reality.
Well I see other bald people, if they are jerks then yhea people will hate them, but if your cool with everyone and a nice and funny guy people will not hate you just because of the baldness alone. Btw for the million time, being bald dosent make you ugly by itself, you can still look decent, ok so your not a top model so what? It's enough too look normal and have charecter, believe me I see many bald guys who get along.

You have decent face and 6 foot height and you complain? I'm 1.70

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
What? You don't think that there are jerks out there who will make fun of bald guys (you used to be one of them, remember)? Women who are disgusted and make ugly faces at us? Are you really that naive to think that there is no stigma attached to baldness and that everyone is just neutral and has no opinion?

And BBS, you are short but you have your hair so I guess it all evens out.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Of course you gonna gt people taking the piss etc but you always get people like that if its not you being bald it be something else...when i had full head off hair i was called a mop head its just the way it is there is nothing wrong off being bald.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course you gonna gt people taking the piss etc but you always get people like that if its not you being bald it be something else...when i had full head off hair i was called a mop head its just the way it is there is nothing wrong off being bald.

well in reality there is something wrong with it

its ugly and unwanted, just like being short or being fat

but my position is everyone has something negative about them (altho i have to admit some people have a lot more negatives than others)

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Meh people have their likes an dislikes some people i have known shaved there head by choice they didnt have to....they just like the look....and being fat or short? well theres nothing wrong with being short or being a bit fat (unless you are stuck in your bed then you have a problem) anyway fat people can lose weight but its up to them....but either way when its my turn to fully shave my head (when i get the horse shoe effect) im not gonna worry shaving the rest off my hair off it dont bother me one bit nomore.

slipy

Reaction score
uc man

i remmember you mentioning you have brothers who are also bald. have you ever discussed being bald with them, do they share your view as far as the social impact of being bald goes?

also have you ever considered getting a wig? might sound like a lame idea, but since now you're basically living the life of a martyr and if things are as bad as you describe them it couldn't possibly be a worse option.

to me wearing fake hair doesn't seem like cheating.

because if society views such treatment of asthetically challenged as acceptable then wearing hair would be nothing but a fair response to their inhumanity.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Meh people have their likes an dislikes some people i have known shaved there head by choice they didnt have to....they just like the look....and being fat or short? well theres nothing wrong with being short or being a bit fat (unless you are stuck in your bed then you have a problem) anyway fat people can lose weight but its up to them....but either way when its my turn to fully shave my head (when i get the horse shoe effect) im not gonna worry shaving the rest off my hair off it dont bother me one bit nomore.
well from an evolutionary standpoint being short is bad. same with fat, which has health consequences as well

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
well in reality there is something wrong with it

its ugly and unwanted, just like being short or being fat
Exactly, everyone knows that going bald is not seen as a good thing. Nobody celebrates when they discover hair on their pillow. Nobody wishes to go bald or envisions themselves bald when they are children. Not everyone is accepting of those who are bald and of those who are accepting doesn't mean they like it. It is just something we have to live with, but that doesn't mean that I try to force myself to put on rose tinted glasses and pretend that society accepts us.

@ Slipy, my younger brother tells me that he doesn't care either. But that's just him saying what he knows he is expected to say. I know he doesn't like it any more than I do, he is just better at hiding it. I remember one Thanksgiving he couldn't stop talking about this picture of him from a Junior High dance... "That was my peak" he said while rubbing the top of his head. I don't bother him with my perspective because I know we are very different personality wise.

- - - Updated - - -

...And the only time I would feel comfortable wearing hair would be on Halloween. I was talking about being Vouldamort from Harry Potter to my co-workers but really I just want to get a good realistic piece, shave my face and look normal for one day out of the ****ing year.... I already look like a monster the other 364 days.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Dude being bald seriously is not that bad i dont get where people get this idea from yes being bald dont suit some like certain hairstyles dont etc...but being bald nothing to be shamed off you wouldnt get people shaving by choice if people think like how you and others do you dont want to be bald fair does but it dont make it a bad thing.

WastedYears

Reaction score
This forum is not negative, it is realistic. According to studies, balding is seen as one of the ugliest traits for a man can have.

Balding = DEATH!

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
"balding=death" no dude just no.

WastedYears

Reaction score
Yes, at least sexual death. Unless you enjoy settling for scraps.