Getting Drunk To Stop Hair Loss

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
6.0% Portugese beer? AWESOME!!! I wish Budweiser had that. Yeah I agree with you Cat, I usually just take draft at the pubs and restaurants. It's much cheaper and get's the job done 8) . I will be traveling to Europe soon, so hopefully I can take advantage of tasting all these awesome beers. What are some names of the beers Cat? I will be traveling with my British boss, and he drinks like a mothafucka, so I won't have a problem downing a couple while on the go! Keep it safe...

XL

straycat

Reaction score
actually the average % is about 5.5 or something. my bad.

super bock (5.8%) *
sagres (5.2%) *
imperial (5.1%)
tagus (between sagres and super bock, i read)
cristal (dunno) *
cintra (dunno)

* also available in black beer.

the following are alcohol free so, forget it:
cheers
jansen

and 2 or 3 more but not that special.

portugal is not big in beer manufacturing, you see.

btw, feeling a bit depressed. not only i am broken hearted and chernobyl-like diffuse-thinner but also...i got braces today. :( gotta use it for 2, 2 1/2 yrs.
it would be nice to my self-esteem if in 2005 my teeth were fixed along with a nice set of hair...

nice trip to europe, xl. take care.

Stingray

Reaction score
Gonna be dialating my blood-vessles this weekend. Goin' to a party and gonna be so fucked up that I'll completely forget I'm losing my hair. Heh, Last time I went to a party, I almost picked up this 15 year old...I SWEAR she LOOKED 18!!! :p...I'm only 20 though, so it's almost ok ;)

Even if alcohol DOESN'T help with hairloss, you'll be so fukkin drunk that it won't even matter anymore! I guess being balds a good thing....don't gotta hold yer hair back when yer hung over. See, God was thinking ahead when he made that bald gene. It's just so convenient that I can drink my weight in everclear and don't hafta worry bout my hair getting in the way of my vomit :p

Sorry, just some well needed humor ;)

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Cat, is the Chernobyl radiation affecting areas of Portugal? I thought it was only northern Europe... I have cousins living in Switzerland, and they had their thyroids slightly affected, but I didn't think it would go as far as Portugal. :( Anyway, good luck with good teeth and good hair!

Sting, funny sh*t bro. I am currently looking for liquor stores that sell 40oz beers. I even checked the bad neighborhoods and nothing! :x . However, when I visited hicktown Tennesee in the winter, they were all over the shelves in the local grocery store! :x All we have in Miami are 32oz, so that will have to do for now...

Be safe,

XL

straycat

Reaction score
stingray, funny stuff. wish i had parties to go to and lotsa 15 yrs old lolitas to pick up. guess they don't like older (and balder) guys.

xl, bro, lol. dont be alarmed, i was just trying to be funny. i dont think chernobyl has something to do with my hair. just trying to say my thining looks kinda weird. sorry, man. :)
my teeth hurt bad today cause o' the braces.
good luck with your 40oz. down here, there's no liquor stores but you can find the 40oz in any supermarket and 24h gas station.

ta'care.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry Cat, I was just checking. I know the Chernobyl incident was very tragic in the European hemisphere and didn't take a chance to take it as a joke, but now that you're cleared it up, I'm relieved... whewwww! LOL
Anyway, back to drinking. I haven't had a true bender in years! I mean a TRUE bender, the types where you are so f**ked up that you don't even know where you are going LOL. I probably have become so tolerant to liquor that it takes a kazillion drinks to knock me out! I guess I would be a good shot competitor... 8)

XL

Reaction score
hehe....next time one of you are at the bar, at the end of the night ask for a "bar rag" and give it to whichever one of your friends is the drunkest. Im pretty sure most of you can guess whats in the drink. As far as 40 oz. go we dont have them in bama. I know GA, MS(they might only go to 32 but not sure), LA, and TN have them.

Kreator

Reaction score
BOOOOOOOZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

sh*t, if beer helped regrow hair, I'd be one hairy motherfucker. I woke up this morning with a brutal hangover...like I have never experienced. It's because I drink REALLY cheap *** beer. TNT (3.99 a six pack! hahah!), Carling, Black Label, Lucky...the stuff is so cheap, so I can afford more of it, so I end up drinking more. Gotta love it.

Stingray

Reaction score
Hloly sh*t! Getting drunk to stop hairloss is my main thingy yo! I'm so fkukking plastered that I dont even know that my hair is falling out! WOOHOO! ALOLCOLOHOL THE CURE FOR HAIRLOSS....or smomething!

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
Man, I'm on my *** right now. I am fighting my hairloss with about 12 cups of Guiness and a couple Car Bombs in me while pumping the Dropkick Murhphys through the stereo. Argggggh. Guiness f&^ks you up!!! If my fighting hairloss was gauged on drinking, I would be way beyond victorious. Good Night!

Satch

Reaction score
Atleast there's one positive thing about losing you hair - you have an excuse to drink more beer...

straycat

Reaction score
hey nomad, you're into punkrock too? i love the murphys. i drink to that. 8)

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
Straycat,

Yeah man, I have been pumping punk rock through my veins for years. Oi Oi. What are your fav. bands by the way? I'm into AFI, Bouncing Souls, Social D, Tiger Army and of course the Dropkick Murphys. Be sure to rock the Murphys tomorrow and drink a healthy amount of Guiness!

Cheers,
Nomad

Reaction score
nomad said:
Straycat,

Yeah man, I have been pumping punk rock through my veins for years. Oi Oi. What are your fav. bands by the way? I'm into AFI, Bouncing Souls, Social D, Tiger Army and of course the Dropkick Murphys. Be sure to rock the Murphys tomorrow and drink a healthy amount of Guiness!

Cheers,
Nomad

"...fear nothing now the gang's all heeere!!!!!"

straycat

Reaction score
right on, descending!

nomad, i consume everything that is punk rock and 80's hard core. the older bands since i was a kid and more recentely ('94 or so) the california punk rock bands on epitaph and fatwreck.
among many others, i love 7 seconds, new bomb turks, motorhead, bombshell rocks, bad religion, son of sam, tiger army, necromantix, the spook, propagandhi, dk, murphys law, minor threat and... hell, a bunch!

"i wanna grow a mohawk, the ones you see in punkrawk
but i can't do it anymore, genetic hair loss premature..."

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
Straycat,

Yeah, you pretty much listen to the same sh*t I do. In reference to the Mohawk, I kinda just cut my hair really short on the sides all the way to the crown pretty much and left about a little over 2 inches on top. I have a little mohawk, does not look too bad since I'm blonde. Mohawks rule!!! Do you ever get to see any good punk shows etc.. in Portugal? If you like punk and psycobilly etc.. there is a really good program that is broadcast via the internet on http://www.KUCI.org, it's called "Mutants from Outer Space". It is on Sunday nights from 11 pm to 1 am pacific/standard time, and it kicks ***. They play all the good sh*t, and the DJ is a big fan of Tiger Army and the Nekromantix. Also check out http://www.aprilfalling.com, she's the hot *** DJ, and this is her website. Sorry for the long post. Keep it real man.

Nomad

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
A beer anyone? :(

XL

straycat

Reaction score
hey xl! not drinking right now. had a bad hangover on beer and wine last saturday but i drink to you, my friend, next time i grab a bottle. what are you, sad? wassup? you ran outta booze? :( :wink:

nomad, thanks for the links! there's only like 6 or 7 big gigs a year down here, cause there's just a few places for arranging shows. misfits came here 2 months ago with guitar player from black flag and marky ramone on the drums. we're gonna have fat tour i guess, we had (but i couldn't make it to these ones) nashville pussy, queens of the stone age, gluecifer + 2 other bands i dont remember, propagandhi last year. not like down there, where you have clubs where you got gigs almost every night, i heard.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
straycat said:
hey xl! not drinking right now. had a bad hangover on beer and wine last saturday but i drink to you, my friend, next time i grab a bottle. what are you, sad? wassup? you ran outta booze? :( :wink:

I was actually offering you guys beers, since you kind of got carried away from the main point: Alchohol rules! :p J/K. Cat, major rule of the thumb: YOU DO NOT MIX THE GRAPE WITH THE GRAIN! Next time you go on drinkin beer with wine, think of throwing up all of your organs the next day, you wont do it... trust me.

Well I'm going to have a bit of a bender in the next couple days, hell I even have Stingray's birthday to drink to... Sting: Welcome to the adult world bro!!! 21 in 11 days... must be nice. I rememeber those days 8) .

Peace to you all and be safe!

X

Stingray

Reaction score
21 in 11 days...but who's counting. 21 would be a lot nicer with a full head of hair tho :D But I've 'ad worse.