getting a bald spot at 17!!!!(pics included)

solomonf

Established Member
Reaction score
All these photo's are with flash. I am currently on the big 3, i have been on min for 1.5 months and i have been on Finasteride for 10 months but i changed to proscar from fincar 2.5 months ago and also i have been on nizoral for 3 months. Currently i am not applying min to my bald spot as i only just noticed this today, god how hairloss really creeps up on you. This is so bad as i am only 17 so it looks like am gonna be bald!!!

Attachments

• dry 1.JPG
    dry 1.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 3,569
  • wet1.JPG
    wet1.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,571
  • wet 2.JPG
    wet 2.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 3,360
  • wet 3.JPG
    wet 3.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,992

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe it has always been there, now your focussing on it and it creeps you out.

Anyway, it looks pretty good to me

solomonf

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh, i just put some min on the back now, am gonna start applyin, there is no way it cud make it start balding if it wasnt. Anyways i will see if it gets better

cuebald

Reaction score
that's normal for like 80%+ of 17 year olds dude

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
solomonf said:
Oh, i just put some min on the back now, am gonna start applyin, there is no way it cud make it start balding if it wasnt. Anyways i will see if it gets better

Min is like sex.. once u pop.. u cant stop.

So stopping min now might be your execution my friend.

Very silly thing to do.

solomonf

Established Member
Reaction score
oh dear, just one application!!!!!!! well i put min on my temples anyway so this way am future proof or am i just talkin rubbish?

Empire

Established Member
Reaction score
solomonf said:
oh dear, just one application!!!!!!! well i put min on my temples anyway so this way am future proof or am i just talkin rubbish?

Oh god. Min doesnt stop hair loss, it merely creates an offset of growth. finasteride stops hairloss.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Why'd you change from Fincar to Proscar mate? Notice any difference in the two?

I reckon you could be jumping the gun a bit, it looks fine dry. But you know your own situation better and if you reckon your losing it, go all out I reckon, none of this pansy sh*t :)

solomonf

Established Member
Reaction score
well i put it on here cos i dont know if it is a bald spot appearing or not, i just carnt tell

cuebald

Reaction score
It's just a swirl of hair, where your hair grows in different directions.
Look at anyone else your age's hair (in school or whatever) and you will see a lot of people with similar length hair have it.
It won't appear on people with longer hair (possibly shorter too).

Jumping on finasteride at 17 for that is nuts tbh. You're not going bald at all.
I'd also avoid minoxidil incase you get a shed.

Keep an eye on it (and on your temples), if it receeds then consider going on finasteride.

The only problem I can see with your hair is that it is ginger. :youbet: :mrgreen:

Obsidian

Reaction score
That's not a bald spot, this is a bald spot.
baldness.jpg

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When the hair points to the spot, in a swirl, its a cowlick. Its totally normal for your hair to look thinner there. I've seen bigger spots than that on women.
You're not balding now, based on those pictures.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
Your body is not done developing, I would not continue on finasteride if I were you.

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you feckin mad! Thats not a bald spot, what are you doing on rogaine? I guess some people enjoy giving money away...

Doug Douglas

Established Member
Reaction score
That doesn't look like a bald spot, or even thinning, to me.

diffuse propecia

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair on the back of the head usually grows in a circular flattened pattern from a central point, but this can also occur on facial hair in men. The definition of a whorl is hairs that rotate round an axis. [3] The point where we find the hair whorl is the spot where the hair changes direction. On top of the head hair grows to the front, on the back of the head it grows towards the nape and hair grows to the left and right side of the head on the sides of the head. The hair whorl can be in the center of the head but it can also be located to the left or right side of the head. In the very center of the whorl some scalp will be visible because the hair lies flat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowlick