German Researchers (MalliaBioTech) Find CD83-Based Molecule Grows New Hairs, wins M4 Award

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

According to the University of Erlangen, there are already two active ingredients that help against hormonal hair loss . The disadvantage, however, is that the treatment has to be permanent. As soon as the therapy is interrupted, the success and the hair on the head are also lost. The newly developed active ingredient, on the other hand, stimulates the formation of new hair follicles from which new hair can then grow.

Erlangen research team wants to found a company​

The drug so many men crave is based on a soluble form of the CD83 molecule. In preclinical studies, there have been no side effects so far, according to the university. Now the scientific team from the dermatology clinic at the University Hospital Erlangen and the department for immunomodulation at the university want to found a company and bring the active ingredient to the market. This should succeed with the m4 Award from the Free State of Bavaria . Prof. Dr. Alexander Steinkasserer, Dr. Dmytro Royzman and Prof. Dr. Carola Berking take it now.

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
they said it will take 5 years to finish preclinical studies lol. what takes 5 years there. this is germany so the entire approval process would takr another 10 years which makes this compound irrelevant for most people already
At least that means, if 5 years from now we don’t have any cure… we can say “5 more years” again xD

Reaction score
Googled a little but it's way over my head. It seems CD83 is very important in immune system regulation.

Concluding Remarks​

During the last decades it has become clear that the CD83 molecule plays a very important role in the orchestration of proper immune responses and the subsequent induction of resolution of inflammation. In particular, the membrane bound form of CD83 is absolutely essential for the development of CD4+ T cells and inhibits autoimmunity via the induction of regulatory mechanisms which dampen ongoing or overshooting immune responses. On the other hand, the soluble CD83 protein has a great therapeutic potential to prevent/cure autoimmune disorders and to inhibit transplant rejection, via the induction of regulatory mechanisms, including Tregs and tolerogenic DCs. Thus, future preclinical and hopefully subsequent clinical studies will unravel the entire immune regulatory repertoire of CD83 in even greater detail and further develop the therapeutic potential of the sCD83 molecule.

Last edited:

Janko

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, they say compared to other molecules, this one is creating entirely new hair follicles rather than repairing the already existing ones.

Did we have something similar, yet to date? If this work as promoted, this can be used on FUT / FUE scars too.
2040 looks like a bright year :)

Otrebor

My Regimen
Reaction score
research and industry more like Zeno's paradox

paradosso-di-achille-e-la-tartaruga.jpg

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Any research paper that comes with this? I only saw an announcement in the link. Also where do they say 5 years?

44core

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also where do they say 5 years?
the video in first link. They say they are in the lab currently testing the effects on human system. If the results are positive, clinical trails will start in 4 to 5 years. Could be on the conservative side since the state is funding them.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
honestly.... some makeup company needs to make some sort of spread that you put over your NW6 scalp that looks like a buzzcut.

Some sort of Pomade mixed with small sprinkles of dot like 'hairs' that stick to your scalp for the day.

SMP is the closest.

surfer9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SMP is the closest.

Yes, I have SMP. The problem with SMP is it doesn't show up well in harsher lights, including outdoors.

As I buzz my hair everyday I have small off-clippings which I can smear over my bald head and it looks like I have hair there. Problem is it won't stay there through the day so I never bother doing this. I just smeared/sprinkled the off-cuts to see what it looked like...

What would be ideal is if you could take those clippings and combine them with some product so that the clippings stay in place for the day.

This would give the SMP look a boost and I don't think it would look 'off'.

I will experiment with some makeup products out there and see if anything works.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I have SMP. The problem with SMP is it doesn't show up well in harsher lights, including outdoors.

As I buzz my hair everyday I have small off-clippings which I can smear over my bald head and it looks like I have hair there. Problem is it won't stay there through the day so I never bother doing this. I just smeared/sprinkled the off-cuts to see what it looked like...

What would be ideal is if you could take those clippings and combine them with some product so that the clippings stay in place for the day.

This would give the SMP look a boost and I don't think it would look 'off'.

I will experiment with some makeup products out there and see if anything works.

Yeah true. It's a good business idea as well for people/companies already in or wanting to get into the hair business. You could try suggesting the idea to as many reputable hair companies and see who bites.