"genes Involved In Baldness Are Associated, On Average, With Shorter Stature."

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
As I've written elsewhere this makes a lot of sense.

Women find bald men unattractive and have done so for thousands of years and in separate cultures. It's standard, and that's in spite of the fact that hair on top of one's head has no practical value. It should be neutral, yet women loathe bald heads. The best explanation for an evolutionary psychology point of view is that baldness correlates with other variables, that it's a sign of bad genes in general. In that case, women will implicitly see baldness as a warning sign.

This is also supported by other data. We know that bald men are more likely to develop both of heart disease and prostate cancer, probably other illnesses as well. Now we're learning that they're more likely to have short offspring. The picture really adds up.

I don't agree with this post. First, as pointed disfiguredyoungman pointed out, these diseases are irrelevant from an evolutionary success POV.
Second, baldness is strongly correlated with old age, so it may be that women don't like old men (10 thousand years ago, old age would have meant you were months away from death).

Someone will now come up with the rebuttal that women find silver foxes sexy, so no, old age is not viewed negatively by women. To that, I say consider men as they are supposed to be. Beards and all. And now lets see how sexy women find grey bearded men.

Lush hair is linked to youth and vitality. Hairloss to old age and disease.

Last edited:

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't it almost common sense for people with, what is perceived by the general public as defects/shortcomings to mate with each other? Good looking people mate with other good looking people. So what's left is people who are short, balding and/or weird facial structure. What will happen when two of these gets a kids (male)? He is going to be short and most likely lose his hair.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I do not believe that a 5'5 Ryan Reynolds would do well. I think that a bald Ryan Reynolds of his current height would crush the 5'5 Ryan Reynolds with hair, and would do so easily.

I was thinking about the demand for height by women.
This demand (and all that it implies) is so ubiquitous that it's laughable feminists ascribe a higher male success percentage in various fields to discrimination.

Women don't want equality. This height demand provides strong supporting evidence.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ryan Reynolds hair is nothing to write poems about so yes, a bald version would probably do better than a short one.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking about the demand for height by women.
This demand (and all that it implies) is so ubiquitous that it's laughable feminists ascribe a higher male success percentage in various fields to discrimination.

Women don't want equality. This height demand provides strong supporting evidence.

People (including you) want the best mate that they can get and usually even better than that, I'm not sure how that proves anything about people's political values.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't agree with this post. First, as pointed disfiguredyoungman pointed out, these diseases are irrelevant from an evolutionary success POV.
Second, baldness is strongly correlated with old age, so it may be that women don't like old men (10 thousand years ago, old age would have meant you were months away from death).

Someone will now come up with the rebuttal that women find silver foxes sexy, so no, old age is not viewed negatively by women. To that, I say consider men as they are supposed to be. Beards and all. And now lets see how sexy women find grey bearded men.

Lush hair is linked to youth and vitality. Hairloss to old age and disease.

Insulin resistance correlates with a lot of illnesses, not just a greater likelihood of getting a hear attack at 55.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't it almost common sense for people with, what is perceived by the general public as defects/shortcomings to mate with each other? Good looking people mate with other good looking people. So what's left is people who are short, balding and/or weird facial structure. What will happen when two of these gets a kids (male)? He is going to be short and most likely lose his hair.

Yes that makes sense, that's a plausible.

There's a pretty large correlation between being good-looking and being smart, it's estimated as Pearson's rho=+0.40. Tell that to a politically correct person and it will set them off.

However, it could be caused by non-genetic factors. For example, embryonic health, whether the pregnant mother ate a good diet and was in good health herself, if she didn't get a fever at the wrong time, if she didn't consume excess alcohol, etc. That would affect both the looks and the intelligence (and indeed, everything) of the offspring.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
There's a pretty large correlation between being good-looking and being smart, it's estimated as Pearson's rho=+0.40. Tell that to a politically correct person and it will set them off.

Reference?

blackg

Reaction score
Now, do women find short bald men generally unattractive in western countries? Hell yeah, but the reasons you gave are all bullshit. There could be a cultural component,the evolutionary component might be that baldness only occured in old specimen for the longest time of human history. Please don't pull stuff you obviously know nothing about out of your ***.
That's a bit harsh. I thought Dave gave an adequate explanation.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Ryan Reynolds hair is nothing to write poems about so yes, a bald version would probably do better than a short one.

Ryan Reynolds was not happy with the role he was getting at start.
He wanted to go off track from the start.
He finally got successful with deadpool.

blackg

Reaction score
On a slightly unrelated note Afro, I think you're going to make an excellent father when the time comes as we discussed! As well as ticking all the usual boxes, you're also good at adapting to any new situation in your life. Your posts on here are reflective of that. I find that you're constantly learning and enjoying the process.
Don't blow smoke up his rectum.
Afro is the type of man who would leave his kids inside a hot car while he is drinking inside a pub all day.
:):);)
(joking)

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Yes that makes sense, that's a plausible.

However, it could be caused by non-genetic factors. For example, embryonic health, whether the pregnant mother ate a good diet and was in good health herself, if she didn't get a fever at the wrong time, if she didn't consume excess alcohol, etc. That would affect both the looks and the intelligence (and indeed, everything) of the offspring.

All smart people are good looking...
(I agree 99.99%.even that 0.01% would be liked.)
that do not mean
All good looking people are smart.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There were loads of cultures in which the shaving of the head was a distinguishing sign for the upper class. Egyptians and feudal Japan to name two.

Evolutionary quite insignificant, since these diseases normally occure long after you reproduced (just like baldness would have only 100 years ago). That's what is called evolutionary shadow.

Now, do women find short bald men generally unattractive in western countries? Hell yeah, but the reasons you gave are all bullshit. There could be a cultural component,the evolutionary component might be that baldness only occured in old specimen for the longest time of human history. Please don't pull stuff you obviously know nothing about out of your ***.

Balding was unattractive in all cultures through the centuries

And in egypt it were mostly the priest who shaved, just like in the medival age

In fact , egyptian kings run haircover game and wore wigs

http://m.historyembalmed.org/ancient-egyptians/egyptian-hairstyles.htm

Also shaving =/=balding

Look how desperate our ancestors wear to fight balding .. they literally put sh*t in their hair.

http://www.history.com/news/history-lists/9-bizarre-baldness-cures

Its definitely not a fashion thing

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Balding was unattractive in all cultures through the centuries

And in egypt it were mostly the priest who shaved, just like in the medival age

In fact , egyptian kings run haircover game and wore wigs

http://m.historyembalmed.org/ancient-egyptians/egyptian-hairstyles.htm

Also shaving =/=balding

Look how desperate our ancestors wear to fight balding .. they literally put sh*t in their hair.

http://www.history.com/news/history-lists/9-bizarre-baldness-cures

Its definitely not a fashion thing

Julius Caeser, a badass that we still discuss 2,000 years later, was mocked for his bald head.

574.jpg

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My reading of your post is that you're tall but you don't want to believe that you have a significant advantage. Well bro, you have a significant advantage. It's not a guaranteed good life, but it goes a long way. What I know about you is that you're 6'2, white, you stopped your hairloss at NW2 or better, you're smart, young, and you have a good career. I assume that you do well with women. Perhaps not spectacularly so (I don't know) but I assume that you do well.

What I said in that post was that shorter men who are attractive have little problem getting with women.

I stand by this point: Height is icing on the cake and icing without a good cake is pretty sh*t.

Average and below average looking men will have a harder time but the hardline philosophy that is thrown around on the internet regarding this subject is that "if you're not six feet you're fucked" such that a woman would turn away a 5ft 8 guy that she likes just because some other random guy is 6ft. I don't believe that. I have never even seen that happen or heard of it happening from anyone I've known.

Further, online, any woman I have seen who is all "If you ain't six feet don't even talk to me!" wound up alone with her cats.

I do not believe that a 5'5 Ryan Reynolds would do well. I think that a bald Ryan Reynolds of his current height would crush the 5'5 Ryan Reynolds with hair, and would do so easily. In fairness, I do recall manliest doing well in high school and perhaps in the first year or two of university

I disagree. The guy would not be nearly as attractive without his hair.

I suspect even if left to anonymous poll of women, that results would show this. I think short with hair would win.

In fairness, I do recall manliest doing well in high school and perhaps in the first year or two of university, but by age 25 (let alone 30) women are far more turned on by raw masculine power.

What women SAY they want in real life, and certainly on dating profiles vs what they actually do, are very different things.

Women might say they care or don't care or want or don't want but all that matters is watching what they actually do. How many women say they don't care about baldness?

I was at this store I frequent a few months ago and this one guy who works there, probably 20 at the oldest, not quite six feet but a boyband type none the less: I was listening to these two old women, like easily near 70, talking to him and gushing over him and telling him he's "handsome" and sh*t. Dude, two old ladies old enough to be his grandmother acting like a couple of college freshman w****s toward him! I just about turned around and said "why don't you just get it over with and suck him off already?"

I don't believe that women ever start being more or less into "raw masculine power"; they want the pretty boys, the ripped guys, the Chads at any age. Tall as well? Yeah

but any sane 5' 3" woman isn't going to turn away a 5' 8" attractive man for something that has no bearing on how he actually looks. She would do so over hair, though.

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I said in that post was that shorter men who are attractive have little problem getting with women.

I stand by this point: Height is icing on the cake and icing without a good cake is pretty sh*t.

Average and below average looking men will have a harder time but the hardline philosophy that is thrown around on the internet regarding this subject is that "if you're not six feet you're fucked" such that a woman would turn away a 5ft 8 guy that she likes just because some other random guy is 6ft. I don't believe that. I have never even seen that happen or heard of it happening from anyone I've known.

Further, online, any woman I have seen who is all "If you ain't six feet don't even talk to me!" wound up alone with her cats.

I suspect even if left to anonymous poll of women, that results would show this. I think short with hair would win.

What women SAY they want in real life, and certainly on dating profiles vs what they actually do, are very different things.

Women might say they care or don't care or want or don't want but all that matters is watching what they actually do. How many women say they don't care about baldness?

I was at this store I frequent a few months ago and this one guy who works there, probably 20 at the oldest, not quite six feet but a boyband type none the less: I was listening to these two old women, like easily near 70, talking to him and gushing over him and telling him he's "handsome" and sh*t. Dude, two old ladies old enough to be his grandmother acting like a couple of college freshman w****s toward him! I just about turned around and said "why don't you just get it over with and suck him off already?"

I don't believe that women ever start being more or less into "raw masculine power"; they want the pretty boys, the ripped guys, the Chads at any age. Tall as well? Yeah

but any sane 5' 3" woman isn't going to turn away a 5' 8" attractive man for something that has no bearing on how he actually looks. She would do so over hair, though.
Up to a point of looks women have still have preferences i think - not as diverse as men but they still do. How many times has a girl fancied your friend(s) but not you, or vice versa(in my case this happens regularly both ways). This doesn't mean that some girls have a thing for fat guys, ugly guys, or handsome guys however - its just personal preference(up to a point)

I think this phenomenon will be all too familiar with guys like me who are just above average but not chad level(5.5-6.5)

Also, women dont exactly lose their ability to spot an attractive guy but it doesn't mean they want to sit on his cawk. I have an example of this myself: i work with a girl who is my age and we are not attracted to each other, she has never noticed me from what i can tell. Her mum came into her work one day and asked her who the 'hunk' in the shirt was(she is 56). Another girl told me about this later and we lold.

Tl;dr. Some girls dont even glance twice at me, others are very attracted to me despite not being thoroughbred chad objectively

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

The way some people here talk you'd think if you're just tall then hair dosen't matter. Well standing 6'4 myself I can tell you it f*****g does.
Plenty of tall guys where I'm from. Beauty is a far more scare commodity. What will you with your height when all the other tall guys still have their hair?

Look at LeBron James. Guy is the greatest athlete in the world, 6'8 AND black. By conventional wisdom baldness should be nothing to him. And yet he's still super subconscious about his hair and has had a transplant. Even with all he has going for him hair STILL MATTERS. It always does.

Height is a big plus. But it's not much of consolation when facing of hair loss.

aj218

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The way some people here talk you'd think if you're just tall then hair dosen't matter. Well standing 6'4 myself I can tell you it f*****g does.
Plenty of tall guys where I'm from. Beauty is a far more scare commodity. What will you with your height when all the other tall guys still have their hair?

Look at LeBron James. Guy is the greatest athlete in the world, 6'8 AND black. By conventional wisdom baldness should be nothing to him. And yet he's still super subconscious about his hair and has had a transplant. Even with all he has going for him hair STILL MATTERS. It always does.

Height is a big plus. But it's not much of consolation when facing of hair loss.

Yh being tall ain’t sh*t if you’re ugly as well.

Also don’t be poor.