Gay People Rarely Bald? Theories Abound

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This might surprise some people, but I'm just going to put it
out there.

Androterm, a doctor prescribed Androgen supplement, claims they can
"cure" homosexual men if prescribed around puberty.

The government never gave this a green light.

Then there are theories that it is not enough androgens in the womb, so the
infant is wired before birth to be gay.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gay and know a lot of gay guys and it seems about as common as in any other male population. And yeah we do have just as much testosterone. Why do you think we have so many sex partners?

All cultural I think. I've noticed gay guys from rural areas tend to speak more masculine but then it starts to change gradually (with some, not all) after they move to the city and start hanging out with more gay guys.

But then you also have gay men who have always lived in a city but still never pick it up so its complicated I guess.

Its a scale really, some are really noticeable, some not at all and many somewhere between. You also have a scale between hetero men, some having more feminine traits than others (not just speaking wise but mannerism in general). Of course some are closet cases but I don't think all are. I saw a documentary about this topic and they had a straight guy who grew up as the only male in the household and a lot of people thought he was gay because of the way he spoke.

invaluable insight

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
On another note, would it be safe to say that gay men don't care if their partners are bald, say compared to women in a heterosexual situation?

(Leading to conclusion that if you're young and bald Nw3-7, you might as well be gay.)
(Isn't life a b**ch?)

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On another note, would it be safe to say that gay men don't care if their partners are bald, say compared to women in a heterosexual situation?

(Leading to conclusion that if you're young and bald Nw3-7, you might as well be gay.)
(Isn't life a b**ch?)

I am not sure whether this thread was intended to be a joke or not. I am gay and I have never noticed any difference in balding between gay and non gay males.

There is no evidence of any difference in the level of testosterone between gay and straight males. I dont think this has any connection to whether or not someone is gay. I once had to get my testosterone level checked due to potential connection to a medical condition. It was through the roof but right at the top of the healthy end so the medical advise was that I didnt need to do anything to bring it back down.

Gay men are typically WAY more concerned about appearance in general than straight men. Women are far more forgiving about appearance than other men. If you are unattractive you will struggle to attract other men. Women weight appearance as one factor among many in determining attraction. But for men appearance is number one and has a substantial weighting. So gay men will be concerned not just about hair loss but everything else physical - body fat, body hair, good skin, muscular development, height, everything.

in saying that baldness is not something personally I find unattractive. Nor is receding hairlines. There are some awesome looking bald or receding guys who have a good face and look after their skin and body and deal with their hair as best they can or shave it off (eg Jason Statham). Funnily enough though if I knew someone who got a hair transplant or who put minoxidil on their head every night I would find that unattractive, much more so than if they didnt care. I wonder how women would view such things. Although I guess the idea is that you dont want anyone else to know that you do these things.

Last edited:

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Although I do wonder more about a correlation which I have observed and which many others comment on, is whether guys who have lots of body hair seem to more often go bald. I wonder if there is a connection there as that appears frequent.

shookwun

Reaction score
Although I do wonder more about a correlation which I have observed and which many others comment on, is whether guys who have lots of body hair seem to more often go bald. I wonder if there is a connection there as that appears frequent.
There is no correlation. it's all based on scalp sensitivity to androgens.

this is evident from seeing hairless twinks who have aggressive hairloss, among dudes who are hairy with full heads of hair.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score

Whether there is or isn't a correlation doesn't really matter. I think you're looking for causal relation and there isn't one. It's not: "if you are more hairy then you're chances of going bald will increase." There might be a correlation though which is hardly relevant if at all.

Site for the most ridiculous correlations but obviously zero causal relation, http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations .

KyleTroy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This might surprise some people, but I'm just going to put it
out there.

Androterm, a doctor prescribed Androgen supplement, claims they can
"cure" homosexual men if prescribed around puberty.

The government never gave this a green light.

Then there are theories that it is not enough androgens in the womb, so the
infant is wired before birth to be gay.
That is science but on tjis topic its all emotion

Prepare for the hate

KyleTroy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

(Isn't life a b**ch?)
Gay men are much more into looks

Hair is evem more important

KyleTroy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sure whether this thread was intended to be a joke or not. I am gay and I have never noticed any difference in balding between gay and non gay males.

There is no evidence of any difference in the level of testosterone between gay and straight males. I dont think this has any connection to whether or not someone is gay. I once had to get my testosterone level checked due to potential connection to a medical condition. It was through the roof but right at the top of the healthy end so the medical advise was that I didnt need to do anything to bring it back down.

Gay men are typically WAY more concerned about appearance in general than straight men. Women are far more forgiving about appearance than other men. If you are unattractive you will struggle to attract other men. Women weight appearance as one factor among many in determining attraction. But for men appearance is number one and has a substantial weighting. So gay men will be concerned not just about hair loss but everything else physical - body fat, body hair, good skin, muscular development, height, everything.

in saying that baldness is not something personally I find unattractive. Nor is receding hairlines. There are some awesome looking bald or receding guys who have a good face and look after their skin and body and deal with their hair as best they can or shave it off (eg Jason Statham). Funnily enough though if I knew someone who got a hair transplant or who put minoxidil on their head every night I would find that unattractive, much more so than if they didnt care. I wonder how women would view such things. Although I guess the idea is that you dont want anyone else to know that you do these things.
Its unattractive to use minoxidil?

Thats sexist, prejuidiced, and just plain ridiculous

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Hair is evem more important
If that were true, this forum is full of mostly gay men. Now a days, everyone is into looks thanks to social media.

Dirty_Harry

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1005038471_45ea7a700b_z.jpg

Geiri

Reaction score
So leather makes you shred faster?

That is one flat *** btw.

Men in general have more of a visual sexuality. The classic case of men watching p**rn and women reading erotica.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Me too, I genuinely don't know if this type of thread is taking the piss or not. You think to yourself that this can't be serious but then people on here are so po faced you just can't be sure lol.

Rahul123

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no correlation. it's all based on scalp sensitivity to androgens.

this is evident from seeing hairless twinks who have aggressive hairloss, among dudes who are hairy with full heads of hair.

genuinely agree with this, as the hair loss cycle has a different concept depending on hormones and scalp sensitivity rather than these sh*t relationships