Gay People Rarely Bald? Theories Abound

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know a lot of gay dudes that are bald; my one professor and his partner are both norwood 6s.

KyleTroy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
less testosterone, so less DHT?
Granted its not a svientific observation

But their hair is the most important thing to them

And the bull dykes all seem to have sasquatch thick hair like a thatch of straw

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also wonder why they tend to have a gay accent? hormonal?

Geiri

Reaction score
I'm gay and know a lot of gay guys and it seems about as common as in any other male population. And yeah we do have just as much testosterone. Why do you think we have so many sex partners?
I also wonder why they tend to have a gay accent? hormonal?

All cultural I think. I've noticed gay guys from rural areas tend to speak more masculine but then it starts to change gradually (with some, not all) after they move to the city and start hanging out with more gay guys.

But then you also have gay men who have always lived in a city but still never pick it up so its complicated I guess.

Its a scale really, some are really noticeable, some not at all and many somewhere between. You also have a scale between hetero men, some having more feminine traits than others (not just speaking wise but mannerism in general). Of course some are closet cases but I don't think all are. I saw a documentary about this topic and they had a straight guy who grew up as the only male in the household and a lot of people thought he was gay because of the way he spoke.

Last edited:

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
All cultural I think. I've noticed gay guys from rural areas tend to speak more masculine but then it starts to change gradually (with some, not all) after they move to the city and start hanging out with more gay guys.

But then you also have gay men who have always lived in a city but still never pick it up so its complicated I guess.

Its a scale really, some are really noticeable, some not at all and many somewhere between. You also have a scale between hetero men, some having more feminine traits than others (not just speaking wise but mannerism in general). Of course some are closet cases but I don't think all are. I saw a documentary about this topic and they had a straight guy who grew up as the only male in the household and a lot of people thought he was gay because of the
its probably acquired then from who they spend time around, many gay guys seem to have lots of female friends. or other gay friends. I also notice sometimes guys who claim to be straight sometimes have a slight gay sounding accent

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pidgeonholing baldness is bad enough now we have to stereotype bald gay people? Well, I'm kidding. It's always the case in both instances. However, I've always wondered, was the bald-beard thing a first for gay people? But now it seems, beards have become a compensation for most straight bald people. Bald? Slap on a beard. Problem solved. Hmm, what's the story?

KyleTroy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gay and know a lot of gay guys and it seems about as common as in any other male population. And yeah we do have just as much testosterone. Why do you think we have so many sex partners?

Its a scale really, some are really noticeable, some not at all and many somewhere between. You also have a scale between hetero men, some having more feminine traits than others (not just speaking wise but mannerism in general). Of course some are closet cases but I don't think all are. I saw a documentary about this topic and they had a straight guy who grew up as the only male in the household and a lot of people thought he was gay because of the way he spoke.
How many sex partners does an average gay have in a year?

KyleTroy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pidgeonholing baldness is bad enough now we have to stereotype bald gay people? Well, I'm kidding. It's always the case in both instances. However, I've always wondered, was the bald-beard thing a first for gay people? But now it seems, beards have become a compensation for most straight bald people. Bald? Slap on a beard. Problem solved. Hmm, what's the story?
No stereotyping

It was a non scientific conclusion

KyleTroy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
its probably acquired then from who they spend time around, many gay guys seem to have lots of female friends. or other gay friends. I also notice sometimes guys who claim to be straight sometimes have a slight gay sounding accent
Wjata data is there that effeminate men have as much testosterone as the average weight lifting man?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wjata data is there that effeminate men have as much testosterone as the average weight lifting man?
i dont know, i was talking avout accents. but weight lifting can increase testosterone

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Generally speaking

It must be hormonal

There are some gay full heads, but I've seen them have partners that are Norwood six
and seven.

Women can go bald if they have more testosterone then estrogen, even with small amounts.

That's why a lot of women go bald after menopause. The ovaries still make testosterone in
small amounts, just not estrogen.