Gathering Questions For Histogen Interview

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
1. Of all patients treated so far, what has been the average regrowth rate, or average hair count increase from baseline ( if she answered the question directly I would be thrilled, I have a feeling it would be ducked)

2. If the average hasn't been figured out yet, because of small number of patients or whatever, what was the largest hair count increase, and of course what was the lowest?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
What? No. That is simply not accurate based on what we've seen - especially in that document that was shared the other day on here. Even patients who had significant hair loss saw some substantial, impressive regrowth and the results appear to be permanent and ostensibly no side effects.

Yeah, it's not the miracle that's going to cure most NW7s, but to say that "at best" it will be as good as Minoxidil and Finasteride is dishonest to the trial results.

We don't know if the effects will be permanent or if it will require top ups every year, she was asked previously and was non commital. I'd say it regrew visibly significant amounts of hair, but so can finasteride/minoxidil. The pictures I've seen so far look no better than finasteride/minoxidil responses. Sometimes you get super responders, but most get significant, though more modest regrowth. The hair count pictures are a little more interesting, though I'm not sure I trust their claims. If they could get an extra 30-40 hairs per cm2, it could be really good for adding density for diffuse thinners or low density hair transplants, but the jury is still out on the results authenticity.

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question.... based of my knowledge of Histogen this is basically like PGE2/Monoxidil on steroids without the usual side effects. A mix of growth factors that boot your dormant follicles into growth mode.

The hairs and follicles are still going to be affected by DHT and PGD2.... So your still going to need to take your anti DHT or anti PDG2 methods of treatment correct???

monoid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question.... based of my knowledge of Histogen this is basically like PGE2/Monoxidil on steroids without the usual side effects. A mix of growth factors that boot your dormant follicles into growth mode.

The hairs and follicles are still going to be affected by DHT and PGD2.... So your still going to need to take your anti DHT or anti PDG2 methods of treatment correct???
A good question. Probably Histogen combined with CB/RU would yield synergistic effects.

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score
i want to know what as well what are realistic expectations from one treatment? How many norwoods can someone go down?

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
Many ppl doubt that the pictures is deceiving with different angles, what's your response?

And if the results are promising why still haven't get the whole funding?

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my bad english, but you will probably understand what I like to say.

1) How many injections should I take to have full head of hair?
2) Will it work for people with + NW4?
3) Is it permanent?
4) Is it perfectly safe?
5) Why they use very suspicious and unprofessional photos?
6) They want to start clinical trials in East Asia (Japan and China), Latin America (Mexico), but what about Europe? Are they searching some partners in Europe?
7) If the clinical trials show that treatment is very successful can other clinics and doctors buy their license (or trained by Histogen scientist) and offer this treatment in their clinics?
8) Do they actively monitor all developments in the world of medicine and stem cells and how many of those innovations they applied to upgrade their product?
9) Will they be honest and transparent when they finish clinical trials?

small fighter

My Regimen
Reaction score
Listen to my question i am 16 year old and very nervous as my grandfather was bald...i want to know that when is histogen will be avaliable...i am having all of my hairs and does histogen will work forever upto 50 years...with regular treatment i am very excited for it and when will it be avaliable in india my country..plz help

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a nightmare. It's a nightmare and I can't wake up.

At first, you and experts say that the lotions will be ineffective for eggheads (total fall with miniaturization ) and secondly , you and experts say that the clinic treatments are ineffective for us (eggheads). It's a nightmare. I'm 24 years old and my life is ruined. Whatever the treatment will come out, it will be ineffective for me and many others. It's a nightmare. It's a f*cking nightmare.

I'll get me a big chocolate cake, eat it, take my gun, press it into my throat and make me blow his brains out. I'm too ugly and vile without my hair. I hate myself. I'm a monster.
IPS cells are the cure for people who are totally bald.

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not a great expert. Can you elaborate please ?
It's a method in development that allows a clinician to take any cell from your body and convert it into a cell of a different kind. For example, they could take a skin cell from your back and convert it into dermal papilla and mesenchymal cells, then use those cells to create hair germs to implant into your scalp. This method is very important because the majority of women and 5% of men suffer from hair loss that miniaturizes all of their hair, even the donor hair. Rest easy knowing that you are far from alone and this treatment is in high demand.

Morning Norwood

My Regimen
Reaction score

Good question, and maybe when this question gets asked, bring up how p. 12 and 22 of the Histogen document from that other thread (I believe the link won't post because HairLossTalk.com thinks I'm spamming) mentions permanence (or at least semi-permanence of 2+ yrs) which to me implies DHT resistance. Referencing Hellousers question about DPC count, maybe the procedure increases DPC count only to eventually be depleted by DHT again (which would still be fantastic - essentially turning back the clock on male pattern baldness).

Thanks!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a heads-up to everyone:

I received word from Eileen at Histogen that someone had contacted them and conducted an interview with Dr. Naughton claiming to be a representative of HairLossTalk.com in mid-June.

This of course was not an interview done by us.

As a result, she said that a significant amount of Dr. Naughton's time was spent fielding questions over email for HairLossTalk already, and so they didn't have time to speak much today. She was also pretty irritated that someone had mislead her.

Similar problems have come up recently with random people from forums going to conferences and recording information without permission, only to post it here, and piss off the conference coordinators and participants. (not in reference to hellouser who attended semi-officially).

In a round-about way, these kinds of activities ruin our ability to get information from these sources in a legitimate fashion. She said she gets emails from people regularly, either freaking out, angry, or just plain harassing messages demanding new information, etc. We have to keep in mind that they are first and foremost scientists. If we ruin their trust, or break their rules, they are going to stop talking altogether.

In your defense, nobody from the ownership of the hair loss sites has been stepping up on your behalf to contact these people. So you've had to do it yourself.

But that is going to change. HairLossTalk is creating direct connections with these researchers, and will be working to squeeze information out of them anytime you guys want it. Soon we should be able to shoot individual private emails with any important issues you guys may have, and get an answer which we can post publicly. I would rather handle these folks with "kid gloves" as they say, because they are scientists, very preoccupied with protocol and proper procedures for things.

We had about 47 questions for Dr. Naughton today, but I will probably be able to get 5 or 6 answered at most due to the situation. Got to build trust with them now.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update for all:

Apologies. Have been swamped with personal issues and getting the Pipeline completed today so I am continuing on the Histogen interview starting now (6:30pm USA Pacific time) and hope to finish by Noon tomorrow, latest.

Once again, sorry for the delay.

Also going to unlock this thread as I only locked it to let people know new questions weren't being collected. Chat away...

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Update for all:

Apologies. Have been swamped with personal issues and getting the Pipeline completed today so I am continuing on the Histogen interview starting now (6:30pm USA Pacific time) and hope to finish by Noon tomorrow, latest.

Once again, sorry for the delay.

Also going to unlock this thread as I only locked it to let people know new questions weren't being collected. Chat away...
Thanks! Hope everything is ok in your personal life.

We've all been waiting long enough for a cure I'm sure we'll survive waiting a little longer for answers to our questions lol.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The best part is she considers this interview one of many to come. She immediately suggested reconvening soon for another one when they have even newer data. So I got about 15 minutes of discussion with her, but we covered nearly everything in this thread. Tonight I get to learn how to make a YouTube video (of the audio), so wish me luck!

langthaar31

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great interview!!! Just one question: does the microscopic hair that i got on my temples(same size as the hair i got all over my forehead aswell) count as vellus hair? Because i got a bunch but i can't see them unless i get really good lighting and get close to the mirror.

Thanks!