Garlic works by the same mechanism of action as minoxidil

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you want something which is not proven to work, even if minoxidil works because of potassium channel opening, why not use a more potent version of it as topical min which works in about 60% of people, what if garlic works in 1/100 people for Androgenetic Alopecia? Its like why use saw palmetto when it does the same thing but at sh*t potency and can cause same sides. The question is what is the molecule in garlic which causes this.
minoxidil has systemic anti androgenic properties
minoxidil gives me under eye bags and sh*t skin in the face, as well as heart palpitations if i do not stop any cardio. if sides were no concern i would pop a dutasteride tablet every day. but the truth is even minoxidil is bad for you

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read a study which explored how minoxidil works. Minoxidil's mode of action is complicated and multifaceted, and involves a lot more than just opening potassium channels. And as others in this thread have said, not all potassium channel openers have been found to help with hair loss.

If garlic was really as effective as finasteride or dutasteride (which somebody implied earlier in this thread), we would have discovered this by now having lived on this earth for thousands of years.

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to believe. But good find, who will be the guinea pig?
It shouldn't be hard to get a hold of existing guinea pigs

that guy stephen's video has been around for half a decade

One Malay guy in the comments linked his email. I sent him one the other day we will see if he responds as it has been 6 months since he posted it.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can't maintain with minoxidil let alone garlic lmao so I don't see a point to use it

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can't maintain with minoxidil let alone garlic lmao so I don't see a point to use it
I see what you mean but if you are regrowing the way the guy you linked in this post did:
You may wanna check this dude out

Then that is more than enough to maintain if you keep doing it right?

He seemed to think that ketoconazole shampoo was enough to stop hair loss. This is why I thought he had a bacteria or fungus issue rather than male pattern baldness.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see what you mean but if you are regrowing the way the guy you linked in this post did:

He seemed to think that ketoconazole shampoo was enough to stop hair loss. This is why I thought he had a bacteria or fungus issue rather than male pattern baldness.
Yes he might have had a different form of hair loss. And even if it was male pattern baldness that he had, it is still just one guy's anecdote in an uncontrolled setting. The photos he provided are not the clearest, and his hair is fairly long which makes it harder to see the state of his hair loss. And for all we know, he could have used concealers in his after photos, or he could have secretly been on finasteride the whole time. We have no way to know.

Last edited:

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to believe. But good find, who will be the guinea pig?
me. Im starting this sh*t tonight or tomorrow. I have some eczema on the back of my head that never heals and have dealt with candida before. lets see

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score

i think the idea behind this approach is that male pattern baldness IS a fungus issue.

it's not a bad theory at all actually. we know fungus will upregulate dht.

this also seems to be a way to actually locally tackle dht (if funghi are the problem) because you just stop the upregulation, not your systemic dht. so you would get to the root of the issue and stay a man

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes he might have had a different form of hair loss. And even if it was male pattern baldness that he had, it is still just one guy's anecdote in an uncontrolled setting. The photos he provided are not the clearest, and his hair is fairly long which makes it harder to see the state of his hair loss. And for all we know, he could have used concealers in his after photos, or he could have secretly been on finasteride the whole time. We have no way to know.
we have no way to know but I think he has nothing to hide. in one of his video he puts the lotion in an old minoxidil container. so he has used minoxidil.

would he just blatantly show that on camera if he was fake? i doubt it

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
really good point

its just strange that nizoral would be enough to stop male pattern baldness
i think the issue with nizoral is that one: you only apply it to your head like twice a week. and most importantly 2: you treat the issue, but leave your scalp in a dry and bad state afterwards and you will just get the same funghi again. I think minoxidil partly has that issue as well. It would work even better if it didn't try our skin out at the same time.
The promise of this approach would be to 1. treat the funghi/bacteria issue while 2. nourishing your scalp at the same time and let it heal

what topical does that? everything that works (temporarily really) is just a f*****g bandaid. and finasteride is a nuke.

I guess just wait for my experiment. I will document it for you guys in case it works. But it will definitely take time. I hope to see something after 1-2 months.

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read a study which explored how minoxidil works. Minoxidil's mode of action is complicated and multifaceted, and involves a lot more than just opening potassium channels. And as others in this thread have said, not all potassium channel openers have been found to help with hair loss.

If garlic was really as effective as finasteride or dutasteride (which somebody implied earlier in this thread), we would have discovered this by now having lived on this earth for thousands of years.
it has been discovered, just not in societies you hear a lot about (india) and not by "science" since it's impossible to commodify garlic

also, it smells

I'm not even convinced this will work, but a 5% chance is worth it for me, and I'll give it that

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
garlic is much more than this, it has also anti dht properties:

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
garlic is much more than this, it has also anti dht properties:

interesting. seem like it tackles a lot of things we don't want for hair.
after eating a raw piece of garlic every day for 3 days my mental is much clearer. probably killed of plenty of bacteria and reduced endotoxin in my gut that I was dealing with. Tongue coating went away as well. Gotta be careful to not overburden your gut though

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
interesting. seem like it tackles a lot of things we don't want for hair.
after eating a raw piece of garlic every day for 3 days my mental is much clearer. probably killed of plenty of bacteria and reduced endotoxin in my gut that I was dealing with. Tongue coating went away as well. Gotta be careful to not overburden your gut though
to me, outside of hair, the most impactful thing its the reduction of systolic blood pressure
but yes, you need not to overdose it

Andi0501

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think the idea behind this approach is that male pattern baldness IS a fungus issue.

this also seems to be a way to actually locally tackle dht (if funghi are the problem) because you just stop the upregulation, not your systemic dht. so you would get to the root of the issue and stay a man
'

Sounds quite interesting and logical.
Maybe fungus plays a bigger role in baldness and increase in DHT than previously thought!

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
just applied my first dose. smell is obviously not great but more bearable than I thought. Smells like a salad dressing lol.

I'm putting that sh*t all over my face too in the beginning. Feels refreshing.

1 red onion + 5 garlic pieces + tbsp acv was exactly 1 minoxidil container after pressing it through nylon.
Planning to reapply every couple hours as good if possible.
Taking pics before shaving tomorrow. Also of beard just in case.

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
on rpf some dude theorizes that its malassezia causing Androgenetic Alopecia by turning sebum into pufa and thus triggering inflammation. I kind of buy it, because everytime I eat something fatty, I have the need to wash my face afterwards.

wikipedia on malassezia:

There are several natural antifungal remedies for seborrhoeic dermatitis including garlic, onions, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil (Melaleuca alternifolia oil), honey, and cinnamic acid.[22][23][24] The efficacy of these natural treatments can vary considerably between individuals.[citation needed]

I was also diagnosed with seborr d. when my hair started to fall.

Andi0501

My Regimen
Reaction score
just applied my first dose. smell is obviously not great but more bearable than I thought. Smells like a salad dressing lol.

I'm putting that sh*t all over my face too in the beginning. Feels refreshing.

1 red onion + 5 garlic pieces + tbsp acv was exactly 1 minoxidil container after pressing it through nylon.
Planning to reapply every couple hours as good if possible.
Taking pics before shaving tomorrow. Also of beard just in case.

Andi0501

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe after applying garlic it would be good to first pull a plastic bag over the area of the hair and then put a cap over it to leave the garlic on overnight and to protect the pillow

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe after applying garlic it would be good to first pull a plastic bag over the area of the hair and then put a cap over it to leave the garlic on overnight and to protect the pillow
its not oily like minoxidil. the lotion dries minutes after application.