Gaming chat!

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lol! Hardly ever drink now, had a couple of beers the other night and it gave me a bad head :(

What emulators would you recommend Exodus2011? I had tried one a while back but never got good results sadly.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tried Daedalus (sp?) on my psp but it was really buggy. I don't think my pc would be up to using Dolphin for wii games sadly. Am umming and aahing over whether to get a wii-u or just wait til Kylie gets one next year and save up for ps4/nextbox!

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Thats why i keep my snes bloody love it...since i was a kid i have loved it.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Those snes systems are resilient are they not?? I've had mine since I was 9 or so and I'm 26 now. Freezes now and then but mostly it works great! Been on a nostalgia tour lately and bought Yoshi's Island, used to love that as a kid haha.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Those snes systems are resilient are they not?? I've had mine since I was 9 or so and I'm 26 now. Freezes now and then but mostly it works great! Been on a nostalgia tour lately and bought Yoshi's Island, used to love that as a kid haha.

I had mine thrown down the stairs...still works its still going...yet i had my first xbox 360 for a few years and it died...and yoshis island is one off my favs i been looking for it for years my dad got it off ebay in the end.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Other than dust in the cartridge, both SNES and Mega Drives seem pretty bullet proof. Give em a blow and they're good to go :D, what consoles have you guys got then? For me it's a PSP 2000 and a PS3. My Xbox is broken and I won't replace that.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Other than dust in the cartridge, both SNES and Mega Drives seem pretty bullet proof. Give em a blow and they're good to go :D, what consoles have you guys got then? For me it's a PSP 2000 and a PS3. My Xbox is broken and I won't replace that.

I have many consoles most use to be my cousins...snes,sega,nintendo64,gamecube,dreamcast,ps,ps2,xbox.xbox 360,psp.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just got it in the mail, can't wait to play it when I visit my Dad for the holidays. I'm not going to mislead and try to come off as a gamer. Truth is, I haven't played games for quite some time. Only recently did I start playing Link to the Past. I only own a Wii and SNES, did have a playstation 2 but it isn't in good condition. My brother has an Xbox 360 and he constantly plays football (American) games, he's past the Call of Duty phase.

I do still have the regular NES around here somewhere! Such classics. These kids have it so easy, they don't know what a hard game really is.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Games where you can't save? tell me about it. At a "messy" house party we tried for hours to make some progress on Sonic. Got nowhere for the shame. I go through peaks and troughs with gaming, won't play for months and then all of a sudden I'm hooked again. Got such a back log of games I need to finish along with sleeping Dogs which I got as an early xmas present :)

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I just got it in the mail, can't wait to play it when I visit my Dad for the holidays. I'm not going to mislead and try to come off as a gamer. Truth is, I haven't played games for quite some time. Only recently did I start playing Link to the Past. I only own a Wii and SNES, did have a playstation 2 but it isn't in good condition. My brother has an Xbox 360 and he constantly plays football (American) games, he's past the Call of Duty phase.

I do still have the regular NES around here somewhere! Such classics. These kids have it so easy, they don't know what a hard game really is.

I know i still havent finished some games from the snes days...i finished super ghouls an ghosts a few years back...took me many years.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That was a tough one. I never got past the second level shamefully! Tried it again recently and it just made me rage!

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
That was a tough one. I never got past the second level shamefully! Tried it again recently and it just made me rage!

I did it on the WII i think on the WII they give you unlimited lives unlike SNES did.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know how you feel. I tried so many times to beat Link to the Past but always stopped around the point where he has to visit the dark world. I am bound and determined to finish it this time though! I'm the same way Chris, went for years without playing, downloaded Mario: Legend of the Seven Stars, and played till I beat it. My little sister and I enjoy beating Super Mario World in a 2-player format now and then too. No secret in that game escapes me.

I would love to re-visit Kingdom Heart, some great memories there for sure. Never heard of Sleeping Dogs!

- - - Updated - - -

My friends and I tried to play that again a couple months ago. Good grief, never wanted to punch so many holes into a single wall!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Even at my age I love to play certain games like Resident Evil, ( I am a big Walking Dead fan) and Uncharted but I stopped buying them as they are addicting and I actually sweat and my heart races too much when I play them. My face even breaks out from the stress of trying to get to the next level. I hate when you get to point of the game where you have to start over because you died and you just were almost thru the level. Too intense for me and my fingers and hands get sore too from the controllers. I really want to play the new Resident Evil game but I am not buying it so I won't be tempted. I wish I had the will power to just play it for an hour a week but that is not going to happen.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I didn't know you're a gamer DH :)

I don't think you can put an hour a week to any game, I would say min 3-4 hours in one sitting a week.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I didn't know you're a gamer DH :)

I don't think you can put an hour a week to any game, I would say min 3-4 hours in one sitting a week.
Zeroes, regardless of what people think on here, you can always stay "young" at heart. I can easily be a "kid" and at the same time a mature adult. My interests are so diverse, I know alot about so many things but I have the internet to thank for that. I have learned so much about everything on the internet. Remember video games in my day was played on an Atari. The advancement in technology is incredible. Games are like movies that you can interact with and feel like an action hero. And playing a game in 3D is amazing and watching movies in 3D is awesome. Just watched The Avengers in 3D and loved it. I am a tech junkie and gadget junkie.

I got fascinated with gadgets with James Bond movies as a kid. My point is technology is so advanced today that you can't help wanting to revisit your "childhood" in a whole new technological way. However, it can be rather addicting and take away from more productive and meaningful things to do. Secondly, getting a stiff neck and sore fingers and hands after playing for hours sometime puts a damper on the situation. So, Zeroes, I really would say I am a retired gamer for now. However, my temptation to play the new Resident evil game is hard to fight as now you can download the game right from the PS3 site.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You know, I've never played the RE games, sounds like fun! I know what you mean though, I try to avoid games these days for the most part so my class work doesn't end up on the backburner.

You know what PC game I miss? Worms Armegeddon, used to play that against others online for hours!