Funding Desmond to go to World Hair Congress 2014 in South Korea!

Python

Established Member
Reaction score

Well I usually wear a hat and well this time it was in a new warehouse and the manager told me I can't use a hat. So I manned up and took it off but then I noticed everyone looking at all morning. I have DUPA so it looks worse than the regular male pattern baldness. Anyways, I could not stand the looks and I heard laughing, so I just left that same morning. So, I was not fired but with my anxiety and all, it was hell. I mean, what the hell does it bother him if I wear a hat, it's not a hazard or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

I could..but I rather go back to sleep. :woot:

https://tinyurl.com/md6ls9f

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to guess this has something to do with it - Location: Hollywood
No, just note that not everyone there works in movie stuff nor is it that glamorous as you might think, it has it's ugly sides too. Albeit, it is very superficial here, also near bervelly hills, nothing but blondes who think they own the world.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I usually wear a hat and well this time it was in a new warehouse and the manager told me I can't use a hat. So I manned up and took it off but then I noticed everyone looking at all morning. I have DUPA so it looks worse than the regular male pattern baldness. Anyways, I could not stand the looks and I heard laughing, so I just left that same morning. So, I was not fired but with my anxiety and all, it was hell. I mean, what the hell does it bother him if I wear a hat, it's not a hazard or anything.

Wow... thats fvcking disgusting. God damn do I ever HATE people.

How old are you anyway?

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow... thats fvcking disgusting. God damn do I ever HATE people.

How old are you anyway?

I am 27, going to be 28 in two months. Yeah, I do feel people can be so cruel at times. Looks should not be judged, but that's the real world, eh. That's when I noticed that for me at least, I might have to go with a hair system. I know it's not for everyone but would want to at least give it a shot. Anything better than this ****.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 27, going to be 28 in two months. Yeah, I do feel people can be so cruel at times. Looks should not be judged, but that's the real world, eh. That's when I noticed that for me at least, I might have to go with a hair system. I know it's not for everyone but would want to at least give it a shot. Anything better than this ****.

I've been thinking of just shaving it all... would spare me the hassle of worrying about whats there. At least then theres so little left that it doesnt matter.

But dude, I can empathize... I was on a social forum once where a lot of dating would happen (though wasnt the main objective) I had girls and guys mock and humiliate me over my hairline. They didnt just laugh... but it was an outright attack on me to destroy any and all integrity I had.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking of just shaving it all... would spare me the hassle of worrying about whats there. At least then theres so little left that it doesnt matter.

But dude, I can empathize... I was on a social forum once where a lot of dating would happen (though wasnt the main objective) I had girls and guys mock and humiliate me over my hairline. They didnt just laugh... but it was an outright attack on me to destroy any and all integrity I had.

Typical of people trying to make themselves feel better at the expense of others. It does suck because one never ever guessed this kind of sh!t would happen to us when we were in high school.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, at least in my country, nobody gives a damn if you're bald. And if you just have hair slighltly thinner, they don't even notice.

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hellouser i cant talk you on bald t ruth i wanted to say that the crowdfund idea is a good idea and even if there is not a target it would be nice for an amount of money to motivate different researches to the goal. this would increase the race between them. then we just flight to japan to get it.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
hellouser i cant talk you on bald t ruth i wanted to say that the crowdfund idea is a good idea and even if there is not a target it would be nice for an amount of money to motivate different researches to the goal. this would increase the race between them. then we just flight to japan to get it.

Axel had a solid idea of breaking up the money into tiers;

1st team to crack the puzzle gets 75% of the funds.
2nd team gets 15%
3rd team gets 10%

This way everyone gets some financial support.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Crowdfunding a fund that will be given to the team that solves the puzzle first will do exactly nothing to accelerate research or provide any incentive for anything whatsoever. The first team who solves the puzzle will be filthy rich anyway.

The only way I can see right now to speed this up is to make the same thing as Shiseido did with RepliCel: milestone-based funding, which we could provide, e.g., to Follica.

Cotsarelis said that he needed 2 mln USD for a first mile stone which could achieve some considerable regrowth, and 20 mln USD for a full head of hair. A milestone deal could look like this: We raise half of those 2 mln (so he still has to gather 1 mln from somehwere else, which sould be completely doable) and provide it to him on the condition that the gathered the other 1 mln. If he manages to give a proof of concept to us, i.e. some "representatives" of the ones who gave money in the crowdfunding initiative, we will continue to raise money and give it to him as it comes in to ensure a constant flow of cash so as not to slow down research.

But, as I said, only under the condition that he manages to show something confirmedly working with the first mile stone.

Reaction score
Desmond just went to south Korea get some very depressing news, it made all of us in the forum more depressed then before.
It's so disgussing to suffer MPH, it's so sad, it's so ugly, it's so.......... I don't know how to describe it, it can change one's characteristic, it can greatly change your life from a promising to a sh1t!!!!!!!
But we can do nothing about it, we can just wait day by day seeing our hair falling out on the ground helplessly. Maybe the process is so bitter for one to bear, so what.
This is life, this is our miserable life???????????
what can we do just to accept the miserable fact that i am going to bald.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I agree with this strategy. A bilateral incentive campaign might prove more effective and if were to increase public awareness by also judiciously soliciting and exciting various forms of the media and/or press to get involved on a international level this might pressure Doctor Cots and respective research groups alike to put this money where there mouth is so to speak. As usual it's an ambitious goal and well things seldom turn out the way they are planned, but neither is it a shot in the dark.
Crowdfunding a fund that will be given to the team that solves the puzzle first will do exactly nothing to accelerate research or provide any incentive for anything whatsoever. The first team who solves the puzzle will be filthy rich anyway.

The only way I can see right now to speed this up is to make the same thing as Shiseido did with RepliCel: milestone-based funding, which we could provide, e.g., to Follica.

Cotsarelis said that he needed 2 mln USD for a first mile stone which could achieve some considerable regrowth, and 20 mln USD for a full head of hair. A milestone deal could look like this: We raise half of those 2 mln (so he still has to gather 1 mln from somehwere else, which sould be completely doable) and provide it to him on the condition that the gathered the other 1 mln. If he manages to give a proof of concept to us, i.e. some "representatives" of the ones who gave money in the crowdfunding initiative, we will continue to raise money and give it to him as it comes in to ensure a constant flow of cash so as not to slow down research.

But, as I said, only under the condition that he manages to show something confirmedly working with the first mile stone.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
It's so disgussing to suffer MPH, it's so sad, it's so ugly, it's so.......... I don't know how to describe it, it can change one's characteristic, it can greatly change your life from a promising to a sh1t!!!!!!!

Yeap.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Desmond just went to south Korea get some very depressing news, it made all of us in the forum more depressed then before.
But we can do nothing about it, we can just wait day by day seeing our hair falling out on the ground helplessly. Maybe the process is so bitter for one to bear, so what.
This is life, this is our miserable life???????????
what can we do just to accept the miserable fact that i am going to bald.

Actually, there's more positive news than negative from Desmond considering that lots of progress has been made. The negative news is of course as it always has been:

We're still socially outcast due to being bald.

It's funny... that Elliot Rodger kid shot up some girls and guys because he didn't have luck with women. I would have liked to see him walk a mile in OUR shoes with a real sexual death sentence; baldness! Dude had no fvcking clue of what real rejection feels like.

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually, there's more positive news than negative from Desmond considering that lots of progress has been made. The negative news is of course as it always has been:

We're still socially outcast due to being bald.

It's funny... that Elliot Rodger kid shot up some girls and guys because he didn't have luck with women. I would have liked to see him walk a mile in OUR shoes with a real sexual death sentence; baldness! Dude had no fvcking clue of what real rejection feels like.

Oh shut up you don't fail at getting girls because your bald you fail because you don't know how to spark up a conversation and keep it interesting. I feel like you have a bigger problem than just hair loss.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh shut up you don't fail at getting girls because your bald you fail because you don't know how to spark up a conversation and keep it interesting. I feel like you have a bigger problem than just hair loss.

I feel like you are completely ignorant of social stigmas against baldness.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

With or without hair, most men still get treated like trash by women.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
With or without hair, most men still get treated like trash by women.

Goes both ways... men treat women like trash too.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I feel like you are completely ignorant of social stigmas against baldness.

...you're living your life in your MIND creating a world of delusion...

...listen dude -- if you want to find a woman who will only be with you because you have hair, then you're gonna get what you're asking for...and for people who discriminate against bald people?? You want to SERVE them?? That's the way it appears -- you value THOSE people above all others....

...if a person is a racist, I don't want them in my life...what's the difference with people who judge someone because they don't have hair?? They're racists, in a sense!!!

...hate to break the news to you hellouser,, you won't be getting a hot chick no matter how much hair you have....sorry....there are LOT's of bald men who have attractive women on their arms...I, for one, want someone who will accept my hairloss, because there's more to a human life than fcking hair!!

...I've had hot girlfriends, in relationships built on shallow humanity --- I will NEVER go back to that again, EVER!! If you want that, then have fun living a life of hurt

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
sorry....there are LOT's of bald men who have attractive women on their arms

I'll just leave this here -

If you're bald, any woman dating you is making a compromise, even if she doesn't want to admit it.
-- FredTheBelgian