Fue To Fix Bald Spot Or Use Concealer?

Darthpocho

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can get your crown and vertex filled-in if you go for a combination transplant (scalp + beard hair) to extend the donor supply.
There was a good recent example (on another forum) where a guy (similar situation to yourself) had a combination procedure at Dr Cinik in Turkey, and had a very impressive result for a rock bottom price (only Eur 2,000 for 3000 grafts). I think it would be a good solution if you're serious about getting the work done on a limited budget.
Thank you for your reply and suggestion that sounds like it could be an option for me. I will look into Dr. Cinik in Turkey and see how much plane tickets are from Hawaii to Turkey and look at my options. Thanks so much because There is no way I can afford another procedure in the states

hova82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply and suggestion that sounds like it could be an option for me. I will look into Dr. Cinik in Turkey and see how much plane tickets are from Hawaii to Turkey and look at my options. Thanks so much because There is no way I can afford another procedure in the states

I was always nervous about traveling to get my hair done. Being far away, not a good traveler, coming home alone and not feeling connected to the clinic. But some of those prices are really hard to ignore. Even from some of the reputable places that are half the cost of North American clinic's. There is a ton of comfort in me just being down the street from my world class clinic but again, I paid for it. I may seriously look into other places for my next operation.

Darthpocho

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was always nervous about traveling to get my hair done. Being far away, not a good traveler, coming home alone and not feeling connected to the clinic. But some of those prices are really hard to ignore. Even from some of the reputable places that are half the cost of North American clinic's. There is a ton of comfort in me just being down the street from my world class clinic but again, I paid for it. I may seriously look into other places for my next operation.
I hear you brother, I paid big time for mine had to take out a loan for $12,500 bucks, I’m in the hole big time now. I think if I do go through with another FUE to correct my bald spot in my crown I have to go to Turkey to even have a chance to afford doing it. I just have to do a ton of research for a reputable Doctor and clinic in Turkey and see people who traveled there and got good results. I’m open to any recommendations or people who are willing to share their experiences.

hova82

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear you brother, I paid big time for mine had to take out a loan for $12,500 bucks, I’m in the hole big time now. I think if I do go through with another FUE to correct my bald spot in my crown I have to go to Turkey to even have a chance to afford doing it. I just have to do a ton of research for a reputable Doctor and clinic in Turkey and see people who traveled there and got good results. I’m open to any recommendations or people who are willing to share their experiences.

Don't be so hard on yourself about the money. Many people have $50,000 car or truck loans and that's no investment. Spending money on yourself is the best thing you can do. It's terrible how hair and dick size can literally shut down a man if it came out in a negative way from a woman. I was literally laying in bed with a girl I was dating a few months ago and she was playing with my hair. She made comments about my crown being this and having "little fuzz" there. However, if I said your butt looks a little heavy it would have been the end of the world.

I am so sceptical of Turkey but there are a couple good doctors people recommend. If I were you, I would have less of an issue getting my crown done there than a hairline.

Darthpocho

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't be so hard on yourself about the money. Many people have $50,000 car or truck loans and that's no investment. Spending money on yourself is the best thing you can do. It's terrible how hair and dick size can literally shut down a man if it came out in a negative way from a woman. I was literally laying in bed with a girl I was dating a few months ago and she was playing with my hair. She made comments about my crown being this and having "little fuzz" there. However, if I said your butt looks a little heavy it would have been the end of the world.

I am so sceptical of Turkey but there are a couple good doctors people recommend. If I were you, I would have less of an issue getting my crown done there than a hairline.
Thanks for the kind and good advice my brother. Yeah it’s so true about women and their insecurities but we’re jot allowed to have any in society’s eyes especially about hair loss. Let me know the good doctors that you’ve heard of in Turkey if you know any I’ll do my research as well. I think the crown would be less of a worry doing it over there as well. I’m just worried about over harvesting of my donor area so I will make sure it’s a reputable and respected skilled surgeon over there before I do anything. I probably won’t be able to do anything for another year at least as I have 5 more no to see final results of my first Fue procedure. Then I’ll go from there if the bald spot gets smaller in diameter I may just live with it and keep using concealer. We will see.

hova82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind and good advice my brother. Yeah it’s so true about women and their insecurities but we’re jot allowed to have any in society’s eyes especially about hair loss. Let me know the good doctors that you’ve heard of in Turkey if you know any I’ll do my research as well. I think the crown would be less of a worry doing it over there as well. I’m just worried about over harvesting of my donor area so I will make sure it’s a reputable and respected skilled surgeon over there before I do anything. I probably won’t be able to do anything for another year at least as I have 5 more no to see final results of my first Fue procedure. Then I’ll go from there if the bald spot gets smaller in diameter I may just live with it and keep using concealer. We will see.

I actually don't know anything about Turkish hair clinics. I just read what people have put up on this site. I would be interested to see your before pictures...

Darthpocho

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s some before pics showing my bald Norwood cue ball look

Attachments

• BB078EC1-F86B-44DA-90D3-7C6222297B3E.png
    BB078EC1-F86B-44DA-90D3-7C6222297B3E.png
    506.6 KB · Views: 277
  • A6793213-D3BC-492C-AD0C-FB884ABB71E0.jpeg
    A6793213-D3BC-492C-AD0C-FB884ABB71E0.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 277
  • 4ADF1D34-ACBD-425F-AD99-B89F5CAE9ABA.png
    4ADF1D34-ACBD-425F-AD99-B89F5CAE9ABA.png
    350.1 KB · Views: 272

hova82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s some before pics showing my bald Norwood cue ball look

Jesus man you came a long way... From my understanding, full hair restoration when this is your starting point requires more than one surgery. 2-3 perhaps but looks like you have done most of the legwork already...

Darthpocho

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus man you came a long way... From my understanding, full hair restoration when this is your starting point requires more than one surgery. 2-3 perhaps but looks like you have done most of the legwork already...
Yeah I got lucky with my first procedure of 3000 grafts to get pretty good front coverage and nice hairline, I just have that damn bald spot that’s driving me nuts! Lol I’m appreciative of what I have that’s for sure just feel incomplete with all that money spent. I know I gotta fix that bald spot eventually so I can feel at ease and be done with concealer and worrying when it rains etc.

hova82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I got lucky with my first procedure of 3000 grafts to get pretty good front coverage and nice hairline, I just have that damn bald spot that’s driving me nuts! Lol I’m appreciative of what I have that’s for sure just feel incomplete with all that money spent. I know I gotta fix that bald spot eventually so I can feel at ease and be done with concealer and worrying when it rains etc.

Do you use Propecia and Minoxidil?

Darthpocho

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you use Propecia and Minoxidil?
Yeah I use propecia daily 1mg since day of surgery in October 2017, I was putting minoxidil in the crown but I stopped because I wanted to see the results of what propecia would do and if I did both and it worked I wouldn’t know which product would have caused the regrowth and be stuck having to take both. If no improvement happens on the crown I may add minoxidil to the crown and hope it can shrink the diameter at least. I don’t think I’ll get much regrowth in my crown unfortunately. I really want to do another procedure but with my loans and bills along with supporting baby twins and my wife it’s a struggle and miracle I was able to get the first procedure done. I sure wish that some docs would do pro bono work or cut deals if your not good financially
Or if your willing to appear in a commercial or testimonial for the clinic or let them use me for promotion that would be amazing and awesome. But I don’t think they are willing to do that. It’s all about the money for them. Maybe there’s a Doctor out there who would help me out no harm in trying.

hova82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I use propecia daily 1mg since day of surgery in October 2017, I was putting minoxidil in the crown but I stopped because I wanted to see the results of what propecia would do and if I did both and it worked I wouldn’t know which product would have caused the regrowth and be stuck having to take both. If no improvement happens on the crown I may add minoxidil to the crown and hope it can shrink the diameter at least. I don’t think I’ll get much regrowth in my crown unfortunately. I really want to do another procedure but with my loans and bills along with supporting baby twins and my wife it’s a struggle and miracle I was able to get the first procedure done. I sure wish that some docs would do pro bono work or cut deals if your not good financially
Or if your willing to appear in a commercial or testimonial for the clinic or let them use me for promotion that would be amazing and awesome. But I don’t think they are willing to do that. It’s all about the money for them. Maybe there’s a Doctor out there who would help me out no harm in trying.

have you ever realized the fact that your American dollar goes about 30% farther in Canada?

Darthpocho

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I didn’t realize that, are you suggesting the possibility of doing a procedure in Canada? Just checking lol

hova82

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I didn’t realize that, are you suggesting the possibility of doing a procedure in Canada? Just checking lol

The Canadian dollar is pretty weak compared to the USD right now. You could come to one of the best clinics in the world an essentially have a 30% discount due to the exchange rate.

Darthpocho

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool what’s the clinic if you don’t mind sharing that information. I understand if you don’t want to divulge that. Was it Hassan and Wong? I know a lot about them.

Darthpocho

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, Dr. Wong did me.
Bravo buddy, he’s awesome and he’s the one who famously fixed Joe Tillman and made his hair great again wow I’m impressed. Good decision bro! I’m happy for you, I should check with that clinic and see what price they quote me for my bald spot in crown. Thanks, good to have options.