Fue Or Fut For Nw3. Pictures With Cost Estimates

JReinhal

Reaction score
I did a Skype consultation with Dr Rahal recently and was very happy with the experience. Attached are the images the consultation was based off of. They were taken in direct sunlight. At this point, Ive been given the following options:
1. They will work the front hairline only. They have said that the crown still has active hair follicles and they do not want to induce shock.
2. I am a candidate for both FUT ad FUE
3. The procedures would shoot for 50 grafts/cm^2
3. The prices are as follows: FUE $10, 342 FUT $7,642
4. Total estimated grafts to be 2000

I would love some feedback from the group as to what you all think about the cost estimate (mind you I would have to travel from Florida to Canada), as well as which procedure you'd recommend for the hair-loss Im experiencing. Im 41 and this is the first time Ive ever looked into any sort of hair transplant procedure. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2761.jpg
    IMG_2761.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 977
  • IMG_2762.jpg
    IMG_2762.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_2763.jpg
    IMG_2763.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 913
  • IMG_2764.jpg
    IMG_2764.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 880
  • IMG_2765.jpg
    IMG_2765.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 933
Last edited:

hova82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Respectfully, you do not even need a hair transplant. To me, what you have on your head is awesome and if you are taking propecia I would ride this out several more years until you actually look bald.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I did a Skype consultation with Dr Rahal recently and was very happy with the experience. Attached are the images the consultation was based off of. They were taken in direct sunlight. At this point, Ive been given the following options:
1. They will work the front hairline only. They have said that the crown still has active hair follicles and they do not want to induce shock.
2. I am a candidate for both FUT ad FUE
3. The procedures would shoot for 50 grafts/cm^2
3. The prices are as follows: FUE $10, 342 FUT $7,642

I would love some feedback from the group as to what you all think about the cost estimate (mind you I would have to travel from Florida to Canada), as well as which procedure you'd recommend for the hair-loss Im experiencing. Im 41 and this is the first time Ive ever looked into any sort of hair transplant procedure. Thank you
How many grafts? Did you forget a 0 and meant 3420 grafts?

JReinhal

Reaction score
Respectfully, you do not even need a hair transplant. To me, what you have on your head is awesome and if you are taking propecia I would ride this out several more years until you actually look bald.
Thank you for your reply. I honestly hear this a lot. Ive sat and thought about it for over a year now and hair restoration is something Im certainly dead set on. I am not on Propecia. I tried it for a very short time but had to discontinue due to negative sidee effects.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
My apologies, Ive gone back and edited. The estimated total would be 2000 grafts.
That quote seems about right. Have you consulted with any other doctor?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I have not. Looking around this forum, it seems like Rahal would be the best option. Thoughts?
If you are settled on Rahal then go for it. He is on my list as one of the doctors I consulted with as well.

JReinhal

Reaction score
If you are settled on Rahal then go for it. He is on my list as one of the doctors I consulted with as well.
I’m certainly not settled. He was just the first doctor I consulted. In fact, if there is someone comparable within the US, that would be logistically much easier.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I’m certainly not settled. He was just the first doctor I consulted. In fact, if there is someone comparable within the US, that would be logistically much easier.
For FUE Konior is great.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Thank you! I’ll check him out right now. Is pricing similar?
Yes. If you want similar work but lower pricing, you will have to travel to Belgium or Turkey.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I honestly hear this a lot. Ive sat and thought about it for over a year now and hair restoration is something Im certainly dead set on. I am not on Propecia. I tried it for a very short time but had to discontinue due to negative sidee effects.

A transplant with no medication to stop further hair loss is a very poor idea long term. Have you not discussed this with your surgeon already? What did they say?

JReinhal

Reaction score
A transplant with no medication to stop further hair loss is a very poor idea long term. Have you not discussed this with your surgeon already? What did they say?
I discussed it with Dr Rahal. They said that my hair loss progression does not look like it will go further than a 3 (where I’m currently) and that he would not require medication as a prerequisite for surgery. Does that sound logical or no?

JReinhal

Reaction score
Here’s a snippet from the proposed treatment plan showing they predict future hair loss to remain a 3

Attachments

• 9E9687C8-6EAD-40AD-9CFC-EC81BE5528A7.jpeg
    9E9687C8-6EAD-40AD-9CFC-EC81BE5528A7.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 499

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Here’s a snippet from the proposed treatment plan showing they predict future hair loss to remain a 3
@JReinhal, I am sorry but how can any doctor be certain of your final Norwood pattern. I just don't buy that. Hair loss is totally unpredictable at any age. I have read people's fathers on here go from a NW1 or NW2 in their 40's end up with a high Norwood in their 60's or sometimes 50s. If you were taking medications like Propecia I might believe it more. You already have crown loss too. I have seen many men lose a lot of hair when they hit 40. @mattj, please chime in on this post as I want to know if this is true.