Fue Or Fut For Nw3. Pictures With Cost Estimates

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I discussed it with Dr Rahal. They said that my hair loss progression does not look like it will go further than a 3 (where I’m currently) and that he would not require medication as a prerequisite for surgery. Does that sound logical or no?

I do not want to say anything specific about any one doctor, but I have met Rahal.

In general, I find most transplant surgeons are willing to skirt the boundaries of ethics when there is money to be made. I would not plan on stopping at NW3. For almost all men, balding is a progressing process that will stop when you die. Everyone goes faster or slower. The speed is more what dictates where you will end up by late life. If you are in your 30s/40s I would be very careful.

You're 41 and have already lost a lot. By 50 you will definitely be balder without medication.

hova82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I honestly hear this a lot. Ive sat and thought about it for over a year now and hair restoration is something Im certainly dead set on. I am not on Propecia. I tried it for a very short time but had to discontinue due to negative sidee effects.

I just paid a fortune to get what you already have... I just don't see the value for you... Not one person... man or woman would ever say you are balding. You have great hair at your age. I would get on finasteride and minoxidil and see what comes back/thickens.

JReinhal

Reaction score
Wow, thank you all for this feedback! It has certainly given me a different perspective. Potentially a less expensive one.
I do have a question: if one responds negatively to finasteride and not able/willing to take the medication, would that immediately disqualify them from a transplant?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, thank you all for this feedback! It has certainly given me a different perspective. Potentially a less expensive one.
I do have a question: if one responds negatively to finasteride and not able/willing to take the medication, would that immediately disqualify them from a transplant?

Not necessarily. You could always get on a different type of treatment. But you'd need to be on something effective to stop further loss. finasteride is not the only anti-androgen out there. You might want to try topical finasteride next, and if that doesn't work or isn't tolerated, you'll have to do your research and start getting more creative like many of us on this site.

shookwun

Reaction score
not being on finasteride and having and having a transplant is asking for trouble. You will be playing catch up with additional transplants.

The bare minimum should be to stabilize any further loss then make an educated decision from there. Hair transplants are stresful, costly and require a lot of time off.

first and foremost you will look like a retarded science experiment that went wrong after your transplant, making you look worse before better.