From Bald To Less Bald In 7 Months With Topical Finasteride And Minoxidil

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
I’d be really curious what your hair will look like if you grow it out for a month or two.
me to, i can see quite a lot of vellus hair convert to terminal at the moment and will keep it short for another two months.

i think i will celebrate the new year with trying to grow it a little longer :)

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
me to, i can see quite a lot of vellus hair convert to terminal at the moment and will keep it short for another two months.

I think that’s a good idea man! Congrats on the regrowth

Garyplau

Reaction score

Great results, fingers crossed regrowth still occurs. I have ordered two bottles of Morrf 10 and will see how this goes

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results, fingers crossed regrowth still occurs. I have ordered two bottles of Morrf 10 and will see how this goes
Good luck, if you respond to minoxidil and finasteride, then morrf will work just as good as any other product (but at an affordable price)

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
another few weeks has past, the progress seems to have slowed down and i think i am sheeding for the third time since i started in February (there is a bald spot now that wasent there in October).

When i look at the difference from February i cant beleive what i difference it has been since i started on medication.

I have added Biotin to my regime for the second time, i did one round in April/may but forgot to order more and stopped, however i think it might help so started again.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
another few weeks has past, the progress seems to have slowed down and i think i am sheeding for the third time since i started in February (there is a bald spot now that wasent there in October).

When i look at the difference from February i cant beleive what i difference it has been since i started on medication.

I have added Biotin to my regime for the second time, i did one round in April/may but forgot to order more and stopped, however i think it might help so started again.
Hang in there, bro! Have you considered adding dermarolling to your routine?

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, i am on a bit similar regime with similar time line but with different results

I have been on minoxidil for few years. Reading this forum i added perilla and dermaroller this February. In June i added nizoral and topical finasteride 0.5mg.

I have not had any signs of regrowth so far. And shedding goes on may be even faster. As a side effect a get more hairy on other parts of the body.

Would you say i shall be persistent and go on or is this the time to give up?
If i shall give up, are there any other ways to try instead?
If i shall go on, for how long?
Would you consider derma-rolling? That might help absorption of minoxidil.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
@TONSofBODYHAIR just switched over to Morr-F 10%, what size dermaroller should I buy. And how often should use
I have never used a dermaroller, i am also looking at the moment...I am looking at what would be best of either a dermapen or a derma roller, the pen is more expensive but i think its easier to use.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
@reuters I heard about dermapen as well. I’m hearing it’s better than dermarolling idk which one to buy
yes, thats the question , i found plenty around gbp30 at ebay, are they good enough?

all reviews i read is of bloggers with affiliate links so zero credibility: )

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
the time it takes to convert vellus to terminal hair is longer than i hoped for. its now been 10 months since i started and the 6 last of these months have been with topical finasteride and minoxidil.

Vellus hairs came after about 4 months, the problem is that they are more or less invisible for others (you can feel them and it motivates you to keep up the medication) but finally i think i can start to actually see the change with my own eyes.

as most of you know the light etc can make pictures where you see plenty of progress or absolutely none whatsoever: )

this last picture is taken today after a 1mm buzzcut and i have chosen the worst possible light and angle and am truly starting to see more terminal hairs, i don't know if its the biotin i started about a month ago or the added finasteride from end of june that helped.

Attachments

• 20181214_121111.jpg
    20181214_121111.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 804

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you !

I am 38. I noticed some shedding being may be 31-32. Since that I might have lost about 70% of my hair - in a difused way. (I have no photos or knowledge what norwood I am).

The shedding became quicker everytime I introduced new regime (minoxidil and later finasteride). However no regrowth at all after that.

The only noticable regrowth (but very minor) was after I was aplying Protopic due to my eczema. Protopic deals with skin inflamation, so may be this could be my issue.

I will probably follow your suggestion, wait for another 4 months and if there is no obvious result, I will quit.
Hi Luke,

Any update?

Logic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You 100 percent have to dermapen that. I guarantee you won't get the same results without it. And nowhere near as fast.