Folligen

rocky

Reaction score
zimmy said:
Ive started using minoxidil and folligen recently. I use minoxidil 5% the rogaine/regaine kind. How long after the minoxidil application should i wait to put on folligen?

As long as it takes for the minoxidil to dry...probably 10-30 minutes.

rocky

G

Is folligen good for helping hair grow quicker? Ive found that over the last few hairs that my hair grows very slowly espeacially on my crown and hairline.

ShrinkingBaby

Reaction score
PolarBear said:
The trouble with my hair is that it is not receding, but overall thinning, especially from the middle of head to front. I look quite nice with hair buzzed down to 4mm (0,16"), but if I let my hair grow longer than 1 cm it really looks like sh*t, without Dermatch. And now, summer is coming to Europe... 8)

I use some topicals (natural herb extracts) which did a fine job in stoping my male pattern baldness (or at least slowed it to bare minimum, I don't know yet). So, I am satisfied at that point. But I need something to improve my thinning hair, and I will search till I find one, no matter how many years should I try. I'm considering finasteride as the last option I should pull out, minoxidil also - because of their side effects which scary me. I am only 22, and have been figthing this for 2 yrs.

hey polar, I have similar case with you, what topical herb extract are u using ?

PolarBear

Reaction score
ShrinkingBaby said:
hey polar, I have similar case with you, what topical herb extract are u using ?

Fabao 101D, from China. Most of the people consider it as a scam, but it isn't. However, it is not a miracle cure as they advertise also. It has a function similiar to Revivogen, I guess. It blocks DHT production and/or androgen receptors in the scalp. It also increases blood flow. It is just like any of the other stuff on the internet, like FNS, Tricomin etc... it should be used as a component, it is not sufficient by itself alone I think. Although it may work for some people just by itself, like minoxidil. But for most people I think it can't solve the whole problem by itself.

I would never order this stuff from the net, first because it is way to expensive and second because of the shipping cost. I would have never tried to use it if someone had recommended it to me via net. I started to use it by accident when I was so desperate about my hairloss and didn't even think that internet can help me. I buy this stuff at my local pharmacy store. It costs around 50$/month.

Results: well, it didn't grow anything for me so far (8 months), but stopped my rapidly thinning hair. Recently I saw mild thinning on some places that weren't affected before, but overall this thing helped me alot.

Now, I'm looking for other things to add: I already added Folligen which seems to help a lot in scalp condition and texture/thickness of the hair, and Nizoral shampoo.

I'm planning to add Crinagen and Minoxidil, but I will evaluate my current regime for some time. Hope I helped you a bit.

Design

Reaction score
Well ive just recieved my 4 bottles of Folligen cream and 2 bottles of Revivogen Shampoo (thanx HairLossTalk.com), I should also be recieving 6 bottles of generic Propecia very soon.

In addition i am also using Nizoral and taking Multivitamins and Ginko for good health and blood circulation

Male Pattern Baldness, let the battle commence :)

Design

Quartz

Reaction score
Afternoon chaps...just a query on Folligen and other topicals.

I'm washing it out in the morning as otherwise I find it builds up on the hair, but three times a week I'll go to the gym and shower/wash hair again in the evening. I'm just worried that that's too much washing...how do you guys who apply topicals fit them around exercise etc?

This will become more of an issue as I'm shortly about to add spironolactone to the mix...

cheers all

withouthair

Reaction score
hi, im currently using folligen cream, soon to be getting the spray kind. i need to know how do i use it in conjunction with emu oil in order for the best results?

G

hi, im currently using folligen cream, soon to be getting the spray kind. i need to know how do i use it in conjunction with emu oil in order for the best results?

Dr. Pickhart at http://www.skinbiology.com will answer your email on that question.

Brucelee

G

How often is it best to use folligen therapy spray and lotion? Daily...every 2nd day?

Also does folligen usually make the hair shed? As i started on minoxidil and folligen at the same time 4 weeks ago and im going through quite a heavy shed now.

zpeedracer

Reaction score
I am currently using Folligen and Revivogen scalp therapy, and after two weeks of use, I began to get red itchy what look like black heads, but aren't really black heads. Why does it do this, and is there a way to prevent this? I am also using nizoral every three days. Also, since I started using revivogen and folligen, I get irritation and alot if itching. Is this normal?

BrdiePutt

Reaction score
How long before bed do you think is ample to apply folligen? I just started using it today in conjunction with my rogaine 5% (the dandruff is getting out of hand and I'm trying to fight it as my nizoral and t-gel don't seem to be working yet), and I'd like to put it on as late as possible since it dyes my hair and scalp blue! I hope it washes out in the morning!

nomadman

Reaction score
I decided I wanted to add something this month to shake things up, and this treatment seems fairly non-hassle. Was wondering how long it tends to take to notice anything? Since I'm already on minoxidil and Propecia, I'd appreciate a general time frame so I can better guess what's doing what.

I've used it a few times now (maybe I'm weird, but I *like* how it turns my head green!) and it kinda tingles.

One gripe: Why no instructions on the bottle? Is this so they can say, "Well, you weren't using it right" when nothing happens??? Yeah, I'm paranoid like that...

salazam

Established Member
Reaction score
i am considering adding folligen to my regimen, it seems to a better product then tricomin after exhaustive research. currently i am norwood 2 and been on propecia and nizoral for 5 months and although it seems it has stopped the hairloss my temps could use some thickening or regrowth. and i hear folligen prolongs growing phases. so i am just wondering if there is any shedding periods when starting with folligen cream or lotion. so i don't freak out. thanks

G

I use Follgien spray. No shedding with it. Add Minoxidil too. Use minoxidil and then about after it dries, add Foliigen.

Brucelee

boatsnsun

Reaction score
convinced

I'm convinced folligen is better than tricomin, but haven't used either. My research says testimonies are better for folligen. If I order from this site online, is the return address going to have hairlosstalk stamped on it? What about Dr. Lee's http://www.minoxidil.com site? I'm on a long business trip and others see my mail before I do. I prefer to keep my treatments to myself.

I've been thinning in the back and very slightly in the front since 98. Been on minoxidil since and know that if I had used it twice a day religously, I would have less thinning in the back. The front seems more responsive to minoxidil, and grew thicker. I've read Rockie's regime, and I will buy folligen, and use propecia, minoxidil with some retin-A off and on. I just started using propecia 6 months ago, but can't say it's anything special without simultaneously using monoxidil. I know b/c I quit minoxidil three weeks ago and my hair feels weak again in the back. I do see growth in the front of my head from propecia and minoxidil, but not in the back (of course I can't really see it that well either but it looks the same). My ex-girlfriend who I saw for the first time since 15 years ago, told me my hair look thicker now than when we used to date! I was only on minoxidil when she said that. It's not big-time obvious I'm thinning in the back, unless my hair is long or dirty/oily. Anyone else experienced good growth in the front but just maintaining in the back? I'm counting on folligen to help in the back.
Don't forget to anwer my shipping questions!!!!

boats

StoneCold316

Reaction score
Folligen - almost forgot how good the stuff is!

Just my input on Folligen:

I used it for awhile and it does help with the itchiness associated with some topical and Seb-derm in general. I ran out of it for several months and I thought it wasnt worth spending money on it anymore. I had Nizoral and T-gel...should be enough.

But, for those months my scalp was very itchy...nizoral 1%..(3x a week)helped but not to the point where my scalp was in great shape. The past two weeks
I re-introduced Folligen and it has made a world of difference. Please note though that I have made changes to my regimin so perhaps my scalp needed time to re-adjust to the new barrage of topicals. But, after a couple of days on the Folligen my scalp was undoubtedly much better.

Normally, I use Folligen at night before I apply Revivogen.

For everyones info:

Morning: Xandrox 5%
Night: Folligen , Revivogen

Nizoral 1% 3x a week

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Sup Stone? :)

schmeichel7

Reaction score
Regimen

Hey everybody I just want some advice on a regimen I want to try. I am currently using Revivogen and its doing a decent job on slowing the hair loss but so far not much regrowth. Anyway I am considering adding Folligen in a few months time to help regrowth. Any opinions on this? Any advice would be much appreciated. :D

no_HairLooms

Reaction score
hi I read on a site that the Folligen cream is best used for regrowth on hair lines and temples. Is this true? What does everyone here who uses Folligen recommend for regrowth at the temples?

Currently I use propecia, minoxidil with T-gel and nizoral. Was looking to add some proxiphen to this as well but can't seem to find any.

Also can anyone tell me how long does the 2 oz Folligen cream last?

is it worth applying minoxidil and folligen at the same time or alternate? Apply folligen at night and minoxidil in the morning?