Follicum Trial Starting Soon In Germany

mminh

My Regimen
Reaction score
So treadmill is cure. Got it
Treadmill is good for health :p

IMO male pattern baldness is a disease, and I refuse to believe it's all genetic. If not genetic, then how can we have that disease? What can make us?

- Environment factor?

- Physical activity?

- Things we consume? Food, water?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If there's something we can learn about many fail of company, it's male pattern baldness is multi-factor. It is a chain of three or more reasons combine.
We didn't need Follicum to fail to know that. It's long been known that it's polygenic. That doesn't mean one treatment can't have a substantial effect. You can prevent it completely with just one drug.

mminh

My Regimen
Reaction score
We didn't need Follicum to fail to know that. It's long been known that it's polygenic. That doesn't mean one treatment can't have a substantial effect. You can prevent it completely with just one drug.
What you said is true, but that one drug doesn't explain the root of the problem, people need to use it forever to have its effect.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
What you said is true, but that one drug doesn't explain the root of the problem, people need to use it forever to have its effect.
One day we will be able to genetically remove the androgen receptor in the scalp and then we won't any drug. Every year we learn something new about the process of miniaturization, but hair loss will be cured before we completely understand it.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OK 6 hair/cm2 is disappointing to say the least - compared to minoxidil which exceeds 15 and up to 25 in some studies as far as I recall.

But this is not the first time that the lack of significance vs placebo is due to a increase in hair count in placebo. This calls for a pause here. On average, hair count decreases without treatment (otherwise what is the point of treating hair loss if our hairs are growing).

I have an alternative, yet I understand far fetched: some people continue other treatments (against the exclusivity criteria) hope to get a double benefit from other treatment and the experimental treatment. I don't see how a large sample of male pattern baldness would increase hair, significantly (statistical point of view).

EIther this, or hair loss has a psychological component that plays a small role.

Anyway, if this hypothesis has some truth to it, then the results are not too bad - except that the magnitude is small (6 hairs/cme only), and I don't think Folicum's FOL will reach market based on these results.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did we hear about samumed yet?
And by the way, wasn't FOL significant compared to placebo in some age groups in the previous phase?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did we hear about samumed yet?
And by the way, wasn't FOL significant compared to placebo in some age groups in the previous phase?
Tbh, I think its best to assume SM was a flunk. If they did anything significant it would be in every thread once announce anyways. Otherwise, assume they bit the dust.
SM is off my radar for the time being.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Treadmill is good for health :p

IMO male pattern baldness is a disease, and I refuse to believe it's all genetic. If not genetic, then how can we have that disease? What can make us?

- Environment factor?

- Physical activity?

- Things we consume? Food, water?

This guys has peak diet and exercise, he doesnt even do weight training which raises DHT.
There are thousands of guys like this on youtube, I know such guys in the gym, bunch of them NW5+. This guy is like almost 40 keep in mind.
I could give you examples of fat guys who are NW1.
Bad lifestyle speeds up hair loss, but to what extent, this is completely unknown and if you will go bald, you will no matter your lifestyle.

I bet 10$ you are Asian, since they always believe natural bullshit.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This guys has peak diet and exercise, he doesnt even do weight training which raises DHT.
There are thousands of guys like this on youtube, I know such guys in the gym, bunch of them NW5+. This guy is like almost 40 keep in mind.
I could give you examples of fat guys who are NW1.
Bad lifestyle speeds up hair loss, but to what extent, this is completely unknown and if you will go bald, you will no matter your lifestyle.

I bet 10$ you are Asian, since they always believe natural bullshit.
he is not good looking, average joe tbh, you can train hard, gain muscles but if dont have good genetics you will never be adonis...

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
he is not good looking, average joe tbh, you can train hard, gain muscles but if dont have good genetics you will never be adonis...
His genetics are not bad at all, it is just that he is old and bald. No amount of muscle wont make you old and bald.

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
His genetics are not bad at all, it is just that he is old and bald. No amount of muscle wont make you old and bald.
His skin looks like sh*t, undereye bags too

you know its possible to acquire impressive physiques while running on cortisol and adrenaline

i agree with your stance that diet and exercise don’t do much for male pattern baldness but this guy isn’t very healthy at all

fitness isn’t health

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

you know its possible to acquire impressive physiques while running on cortisol and adrenaline

i agree with your stance that diet and exercise don’t do much for male pattern baldness but this guy isn’t very healthy at all

fitness isn’t health
why he is not healthy?:D he is not good looking that is all....:D

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
he is in middle age.....but average joe, not good looking guy
He's a completely normal looking 40 year old who's completely ripped for his age (and probably top genetics if that ripped at that age naturally). Do you know how beat the average 40 year old is?

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He's a completely normal looking 40 year old who's completely ripped for his age (and probably top genetics if that ripped at that age naturally). Do you know how beat the average 40 year old is?
his face is average, that is all....

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

fitness isn’t health
his skin looks better than mine at 27... over for minoxidilcels

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Skin and under eye bags are pretty good indicators of health
For being a health guru he certainly doesn’t look very healthy
My 60yo dad looks way healthier for example

he looks like he’ll get a stroke within 2 decades

being above average means nothing nowadays

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just f*** your health and looks up to maintain nw3 bro
Better tank your androgens too
unfortunnately for me i get no response from antiandrogen and i used to pop dutasteride like candies without a single sides it 's over for me anyways as i'm ugly af aswell but i'm going for a last try to get back to nw2 if i can using maximum dose of topical min + oral and i'll probably rope in 2 years anyway