FOLLICEPT - New Growth Stimulant potentially coming in 2015

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
What I don't understand is even people on Europe ask for buying follicept ! how come? it hasn't even work !!

I personally think they have failed and the way they behavior to upload pics are really unprofessional .

In addition , I assume in the best scenario it works like minoxidil 5 % , if this is the case , we already have minoxidil around two decades !!!

Yes the photo galleries are awfully organised, they have no side by side comparisons and don't even logically or chronologically organise their pictures. I don't have faith in follicept. I do have hope though, which is foolish, but I want it to succeed. Is it another failure? Probably... Do they seem unprofessional in terms of documentation? Absolutely. But 10 weeks is far too early to gauge the success of the treatment. I'll keep my eye on it, but right now I hold out more hope in dutasteride and stronger minoxidil solutions.

- - - Updated - - -

The mechanism is also different to minoxidil and you also have to consider that in order to reduce the number of variables in the study, patients were not using minoxidil or finasteride. It's possible that this could be an additional treatment. Maybe it won't cure baldness. Actually it definitely won't. But adding another growth promoter with a different mechanism to your arsenal could improve results. If the big 3 becomes the big 4, and people start regrowing temple and hairline hair, that would be awesome! If unlikely...

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I'ld call that a win.

inbrugge

Reaction score
The moment I heard Finasteride, I stopped paying attention to this. Now people are talking about finasteride+Min? Great, now you get to have all the sh***y side effects of finasteride & Min while paying for and applying 3 topicals.

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
very weird message I got just now ...
I guess they have hit rock bottom

Snippet:
"We are unable to go forward with a clinical trial at this time for reasons beyond our control, so we want to push forward in other ways."

Full email that was sent to me (I guess I subscribed to their newsletter):

It has been a busy few months at Follicept. We are seeing convincing results that are hard to capture in pictures, but if there was a product that had amazing results at 4 months, none of us would be here. We are unable to go forward with a clinical trial at this time for reasons beyond our control, so we want to push forward in other ways.

The bottom line is that we are almost ready to release a private batch. Some critical details:

1. Please answer this survey if you are in the US to help us finalize details.
2. We can only ship to the US for now. We can't yet accommodate the customs and import laws in other countries. If you have a US address, we can get it to you. Please do not request an exception, we are sorry but we can't!
3. The price is not quite finalized, and depends largely on how many orders we get. Between $60-125 per month, as IGF-1 is very expensive at smaller quantities. Shipping will be a flat $20 regardless of order size.

Note that this is experimental- we don't know the outcomes beyond 4 months so far, and we are not making any claims or promises. This is up to you to try, and we totally understand if you want to wait for more evidence. We do ask that you keep track via pictures and notes of your progress so that we can collect data on patterns and people on whom it seems to work best. Further, we strongly advise against using minoxidil and other topicals given the possibility for negative interactions that we have not studied.

We really appreciate your support thus far. The plan is to finalize details based on your survey responses, begin taking orders in the next 1-2 weeks, and only keep orders open for a total of 1-2 weeks, then manufacture one big batch and ship out within 4-6 weeks of closing the orders. This allows us to minimize our costs and therefore your costs.

Technically, this means we will have to send you a second email- sorry about that J. We are very excited!

Team Follicept

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only good thing to come from this is the fairly amusing facebook comments on the main page, scroll down:

http://www.follicept.com/

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

kirk

Established Member
Reaction score
This folliCEPT stuff was a DeCEPTion from day one.

Lol, could'nt resist. I think these projects should work on their naming a bit better. I mean seriously. FOLLICEPT, FOLLIc*m.:shakehead:

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Indeed, I was suspicious as soon as I heard the name, Follicept?! Ugh. Follicum is downright insane, no right minded person could think of such a thing. Folliclefuel said it best, who knows maybe they did at one point intend to present a product that works and then start charging people, but it doesn't work, so they'll try and milk what they can from it before it's blatantly obvious to even the dumbest customer.

No doubt they'll get a year or so of desperate people paying for it though. Probably longer actually.

cuprous

Reaction score
It barely worked on mice, the writing was on the wall.

It worked better than minoxidil in the photos so there's that.

I have been following follicept from day one and frankly I think they've been on the level and incredibly patient with a bunch of crying babies and taunting trolls on the forum. It has been abundantly clear from the beginning that this is an experiment. I personally feel like some of the subjects have shown observable improvements. No, not the home run we were all hoping for but an improvement nonetheless. They should not have signed up some of the older subjects (half of the group, at least) as they are least likely to show any improvement with any protocol.

Maybe IGF-1 needs to be applied daily. Maybe 3x the PPM. There are a lot of unknowns here but the science is at least third-party and supportive.

Now we can all go back to whining that companies aren't more transparent with their research.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it worked better in the photos, what about in reality?

So I guess them having trolling forum members gives them the right to get revenge, and money, by breaking their promise and charging for an un-proven product. $60-$125? That smells of "let's see what we'll get away with charging". Surely they know by now how much the **** costs, or at least have a better idea of whether it's x amount, or DOUBLE that, laughable.

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score

I have been following follicept from day one and frankly I think they've been on the level and incredibly patient with a bunch of crying babies and taunting trolls on the forum. It has been abundantly clear from the beginning that this is an experiment. I personally feel like some of the subjects have shown observable improvements. No, not the home run we were all hoping for but an improvement nonetheless. They should not have signed up some of the older subjects (half of the group, at least) as they are least likely to show any improvement with any protocol.

Maybe IGF-1 needs to be applied daily. Maybe 3x the PPM. There are a lot of unknowns here but the science is at least third-party and supportive.

Now we can all go back to whining that companies aren't more transparent with their research.
Agree with you on this. I have been checking their updates as well and the pissing and moaning posted by a bunch of morons with a copy of Photoshop has been unbearable. Yeah they grossly overestimated the efficacy of IGF-1, but they don't deserve to be vilified for that. Even if they do sell some of an experimental batch, then the whole process would have been pretty transparent, and you WOULD KNOW what your getting into.
You can't say the same for tens, if not hundreds of other products that a lot of us have spent hard earned money on based on the manufacturers claim, or simply bro-science mass hysteria.
If you're not responding to min, and you can't do finasteride, then it might be worth a try. These guys have a lot of irons in the fire, and this product is just one of those. IMO, these guys are scientists, underfunded for this endeavour, and maybe a bit over zealous, but they are not crooks. I just think it's ironic that people b**ch about the lack of research and being able to be a part of that, but when someone comes along who is working toward that goal in an open and inclusive manner, then you throw stones at them like a cave man.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score

It works better than minoxidil in photos? who said that?

They even admit the result is not visible in photos , and I personally don't see any regrowth at all in some of the subjects , Some like Devon may

loose more hair . Others have very little tiny vellus hair which was nothing to talk about , If you call 4-5 hairs regrowth , then please try the indian

herbal oil and I can bet you can get couple more hairs.

I follow the follicept from the first day and I really don't know how can you say the result was better than minoxidil in photos when they even

confirm the result are not obvious in pictures !!!

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score

cupido

My Regimen
Reaction score
As always.. We are left with only fina ru and minoxidil..

We need a real cure.

weepysad

Reaction score
Well, this was an interesting culmination to a project that claimed to be transparent and not ask any money before obvious results can be seen.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
It did? That's awesome.

I don't really understand what he is talking about Swoop , Even Follicept team confirmed the result is not obvious in the picture! what does it mean?

It means there is no result ! And he says it works better than minoxidil ! some people look living on another planet which is different than us.

The way the guy laugh in this picture is exactly fit with what he says. I still see some guy wanna buy follicept on their website. Interesting part is

we all MAY put some money on scam products , but we at least give it a try and take a risk , isn't that interesting which they run the trail with

no result and some still wanna try and buy it ? Oh GOD please help us.

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
It works better than minoxidil in photos? who said that?

They even admit the result is not visible in photos , and I personally don't see any regrowth at all in some of the subjects , Some like Devon may

loose more hair . Others have very little tiny vellus hair which was nothing to talk about , If you call 4-5 hairs regrowth , then please try the indian

herbal oil and I can bet you can get couple more hairs.

I follow the follicept from the first day and I really don't know how can you say the result was better than minoxidil in photos when they even

confirm the result are not obvious in pictures !!!

He was talking about the mouse photos.