Follica News (small Molecule Aplify New Hair Growth) - Annual Report And Accounts - Puretech Health

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great news! However, to me it seems that this is still at least 3 years away. One more reason to keep my current regime on until this thing comes out and save the most hair I have.
Possibly. But the pivotal trial will have the data that is sent for FDA approval. And I’m pretty sure they are doing a 6 month trial for pivotal as well. Usually these trials last anywhere from 1-3 years but exceptions are possible for certain types of treatments. Either way if this optimization study is almost don’t we could get this treatment by 2020.

Rolandconil

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand, is this microneedling or some other type of wounding? Also, what do they mean by "new hairs" is it new follicles or just reviving miniaturized hairs?
They create new hair (follicles). 100 new hairs per cm2, but only ~ 25 will become terminal. They write that they increased the amount of hair with the help of wnt molecula.. maybe samumed sm04554?

dm900

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it’s at least nice seeing something from them. I had honestly forgot about follica so I don’t mind waiting a few more years if it turns out to be effective.

Left4bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They create new hair (follicles). 100 new hairs per cm2, but only ~ 25 will become terminal. They write that they increased the amount of hair with the help of wnt molecula.. maybe samumed sm04554?

Hi
Indeed, they can create new hair follicles, 100 news hairs per cm2 and only 25 become terminal but it was with minoxidil ! :) Here, they are developing their own wnt small molecule based on follica's intellectual property. This is not Sm04554 ;)

Left4bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still think the follica is the most logical product to the truth. But they really tighten. 1 year + 5%.

View attachment 117823
I don't know if you are saying that Follica has made 5% more progress in their clinical development since last year... but the 63% means that PureTech Health has a right to royalty payments as a percentage of net sales from Follica. The percentage is for puretech health not for follica's progress.

How much better than dermarolling and minoxidil?
I don't know but from what I have read, they have a:
" Proprietary device developed and optimal paradigm designed based on clinical data"
" Near-term clinical development of a “game changing” platform "

I don't understand, is this microneedling or some other type of wounding? Also, what do they mean by "new hairs" is it new follicles or just reviving miniaturized hairs?
New hairs means it is a new hair follicle (neogenesis) from scratch. But they are also reviving miniaturized hairs too according to their patents!

" Follica has preclinical data which show the potential for next-generation proprietary compounds to further enhance the effect of new hair follicle formation. Follica completed its clinical-stage development of a next-generation device and drug combination product for androgenetic alopecia, which is currently in an optimisation study "

fol.jpg

fol 2.jpg

H

Reaction score
I don't know but from what I have read, they have a:
" Proprietary device developed and optimal paradigm designed based on clinical data"
" Near-term clinical development of a “game changing” platform "
A restaurant in a small town North of where I live has the best mushroom swiss burger in the world...or so they say, the people selling it that is.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will Follica in theory be able to also regrow the temples and hairline? Or is the regrowth mainly focussed on the crown?

HairlossCurse

Reaction score
Phase 3 usually includes 1000s of participants in clinical setting, so almost semi release. Pretty high chance US forum member will be able to get in... Man might go over to America, will get paid to get new hair. (Participants are usually paid as well)

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have they stated what this wnt molecule is? is it available now or is this something that they have synthesized?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This treatment is and has always been ridiculous as:
1) The device causes scar tissue.
2) 25 terminal hairs per cm2 is terrible density, draw a 1cmx1cm square and put 25 dots in it to see how bad.
3) Due to 1) you would won't be applying this multiple times to get better density.

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica has preclinical data which show the potential for next-generation proprietary compounds to further enhance the effect of new hair follicle formation.

Follica completed its clinical-stage development of a next-generation device and drug combination product for androgenetic alopecia, which is currently in an optimisation study.

Further phases of preclinical testing are also ongoing towards the prioritisation and development of next-generation, proprietary compounds based on Follica’s intellectual property.View attachment 117820 View attachment 117821
I will decipher the marketing speak for you guys. Pay close attention to what is being said and what is not.

Follica has completed clinical stage development of a device and drug combination. This is referenced in paragraph 2 quoted above.
Follica has pre-clinical data for next-gen combounds which are much more potent. This is referenced in paragraphs 1 and 3 quoted above.

These two compounds are not the same.

This is also indicated by the fact that one has completed clinical development and the other has only pre-clinical data.

The marketing release is confusing on purpose, but please pay attention to what exactly is being said and what is not.

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think its 5mm or something crazy like that.

Its not clear what depths their product will use but their patent covers depths of up to 5mm.. It's likely its still undergoing optimization in their optimization study.

I will decipher the marketing speak for you guys. Pay close attention to what is being said and what is not.

Follica has completed clinical stage development of a device and drug combination. This is referenced in paragraph 2 quoted above.
Follica has pre-clinical data for next-gen combounds which are much more potent. This is referenced in paragraphs 1 and 3 quoted above.

This is also indicated by the fact that one has completed clinical development and the other has only pre-clinical data.

The marketing release is confusing on purpose, but please pay attention to what exactly is being said and what is not.

I was worried about this too. Whatever their next gen compound is it will likely need its own approval.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There is nothing new with this product.
People combined wounding and wnt (like lcl, vpa, WAY) and is does help. But dont expect a miracle.

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score

Then Dr. Bhanusali is offering Follica treatment as a clinical trial soon, does that mean he is going to use next generation compound?