Follica News (small Molecule Aplify New Hair Growth) - Annual Report And Accounts - Puretech Health

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well puretech changed their statement for follica... before it says optimization trial will be done by 1st half of 2019 and pivotal after.. it now says
  • Follica’s pivotal study in androgenetic alopecia is expected to begin in 2019 following the completion of an ongoing optimization study.
My god this company is garbage. Always delaying all of their companies. Smh losing hope real quick with all this bs.
Thinking about getting a prescription for topical finasteride.

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much better than dermarolling and minoxidil?

it needs to be better, or at least cause faster regrowth....otherwise it may be viewed as a sham. At the same time, it could involve an "official" way of dermarolling that can be widely presrcribed, since most people aren't going to research and practice dermarolling

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well puretech changed their statement for follica... before it says optimization trial will be done by 1st half of 2019 and pivotal after.. it now says
  • Follica’s pivotal study in androgenetic alopecia is expected to begin in 2019 following the completion of an ongoing optimization study.
My god this company is garbage. Always delaying all of their companies. Smh losing hope real quick with all this bs.
Thinking about getting a prescription for topical finasteride.

Their new quote doesn't negate what theyy previously said. Re-read the bullet - it says "Follica’s pivotal study in androgenetic alopecia is expected to begin in 2019 following the completion of an ongoing optimization study."

This is what they already said - their "pivotal" / final clinical trial will take place after the optimization study. The fact that the optimization study is ongoing suggests it's already started. So maybe it's delayed a little, but they still expect the pivotal study to launch in 2019.

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering they wrote in a 2017 report that they anticipate release in 2018 (which I'm sure they know was very far from realistic) it's clear that they're given to blatantly lying to play the investors.

Dimmer97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's 'supposed' to be released in 2020 if all goes well. Even though they have been optimizing this for the last few years it seems from their latest update this actually works.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's 'supposed' to be released in 2020 if all goes well. Even though they have been optimizing this for the last few years it seems from their latest update this actually works.[/QUOTE
and where did you locate that info for the fancy minoxidil dispensing dermastamp? The best thing about this technology will be its ability to get things going at the derm office. Everything after appears to be fancy dermastamping plus minoxidil...the non finasteride and minoxidil users are screwed as usual.

H

Reaction score
it needs to be better, or at least cause faster regrowth....otherwise it may be viewed as a sham. At the same time, it could involve an "official" way of dermarolling that can be widely presrcribed, since most people aren't going to research and practice dermarolling
My thoughts are they arent aiming for innovative technology they are just grasping a low hanging fruit.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
My thoughts are they arent aiming for innovative technology they are just grasping a low hanging fruit.

My thoughts are “who knows”... certainly nobody here.

I first learned about them 8-10 years ago and nobody had a clue what they were doing. They have existed mostly under a veil of secrecy.

Based on the timeline, it’s possible that they were the first people to seriously invest in needling. In which case no wonder they tried to keep it secret.

We’ve learned more about them as a community in the last year than the previous decade. Including that they are developing their own topical formula. Which is not minoxidil.

Oh and a pivotal study POST optimisation is a good thing. Meaning they have a solution and they spent investor money “optimising” their solution.

If pivotal is the stage before going to market it means in my mind that they managed to optimise it successfully or not.

Either way they are going to next phase which likely means that at worst non optimised is worth spending more money on.

This can’t be bad for any of us.

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Their new quote doesn't negate what theyy previously said. Re-read the bullet - it says "Follica’s pivotal study in androgenetic alopecia is expected to begin in 2019 following the completion of an ongoing optimization study."

This is what they already said - their "pivotal" / final clinical trial will take place after the optimization study. The fact that the optimization study is ongoing suggests it's already started. So maybe it's delayed a little, but they still expect the pivotal study to launch in 2019.
Yes but before they expected the ongoing optimization study to be done by end of 1H of 2019. It no longer says that so they might start the pivotal trial December 2019 for all we know now

H

Reaction score
Including that they are developing their own topical formula. Which is not minoxidil.
Even if its mayonnaise can they afford not to say they have some secret special sauce they will use along with minoxidil?

glammetal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The report of 1H2019 will be published until 08/31/2019.
Lets all 1)just be patient and continue using existing treatments
2)behave in a manner in our social lives as Androgenetic Alopecia is not something of concern

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The report of 1H2019 will be published until 08/31/2019.
Lets all 1)just be patient and continue using existing treatments
2)behave in a manner in our social lives as Androgenetic Alopecia is not something of concern

Am wondering if the public can access the three studies that are quoted..FOL-001 etc
But obviously they are performed by Follica..thus top secret...lol

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
My thoughts are “who knows”... certainly nobody here.

I first learned about them 8-10 years ago and nobody had a clue what they were doing. They have existed mostly under a veil of secrecy.

Based on the timeline, it’s possible that they were the first people to seriously invest in needling. In which case no wonder they tried to keep it secret.

We’ve learned more about them as a community in the last year than the previous decade. Including that they are developing their own topical formula. Which is not minoxidil.

Oh and a pivotal study POST optimisation is a good thing. Meaning they have a solution and they spent investor money “optimising” their solution.

If pivotal is the stage before going to market it means in my mind that they managed to optimise it successfully or not.

Either way they are going to next phase which likely means that at worst non optimised is worth spending more money on.

This can’t be bad for any of us.
How do you know that their daily routine doesnt include minoxidil?

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You really think they're spending all of this time/money to get approval for something that isn't better than current treatments? The reason so many drugs have failed in phase II is because they didn't offer significantly better results than Min and finasteride.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you know that their daily routine doesnt include minoxidil?

You actually quoted my post saying we don’t know... and then asked me how do I know :)

My deduction is based on what I read.

For instance the title of this post even drops a clue. Then I read the report. And then like others here I apply some common sense.

I don’t believe that this company is investing all this time and money into “a device for applying min”... as somebody who (unfortunately) has to hustle a lot for investor money, I understand what investors want... they want to own a slice of the market and they want large financial returns.

Again, I don’t “know” this any more than somebody else saying “it’s mayonaise” or somebody else “everybody knows it’s just min - duh”.

I think I’m probably being slightly more rigorous in my thinking.

H

Reaction score
You really think they're spending all of this time/money to get approval for something that isn't better than current treatments? The reason so many drugs have failed in phase II is because they didn't offer significantly better results than Min and finasteride.
How much better does it have to be? Even if it was 1 or 2% better they can tout all they want about how Follica is superior to other current treatments great for marketing sucks for us. "Well they wouldnt spend all this money on research and getting it approved just for something that is close to minoxidil and dermarolling". Why not exactly? They know dermarolling and min work from thousands of at home experiments and now their own data they would have to get it approved anyway you look at it. However now they can slap Follica on the technique because no one else has and nab the cash hence "low hanging fruit" comment which is really smart for them but may not be the results we necessarily want. Time will tell though.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
How much better does it have to be? Even if it was 1 or 2% better they can tout all they want about how Follica is superior to other current treatments great for marketing sucks for us. "Well they wouldnt spend all this money on research and getting it approved just for something that is close to minoxidil and dermarolling". Why not exactly? They know dermarolling and min work from thousands of at home experiments and now their own data they would have to get it approved anyway you look at it. However now they can slap Follica on the technique because no one else has and nab the cash hence "low hanging fruit" comment which is really smart for them but may not be the results we necessarily want. Time will tell though.

That just sounds very unlikely. Here’s my reasoning:

- investors that have tens of millions of dollars to spend aren’t stupid and do their own due diligence

- follica were needling way before needling was mainstream knowledge in the balding community, in fact needling is still not mainstream and definitely not being done by thousands of people

- we know it’s not min because... for gods sake man, read the title, they are developing a new molecule, it’s not mayonnaise

- and what if it’s only a little bit better than min? Than hazah for everybody that wants something slightly better than min!