Follica News Positive Topline Results

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A 44% increase in non-vellus hairs is the same efficacy that one would expect from minoxidil alone.

Last edited:

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I guess I’m going to start .5mm dermaroller and try out minoxidil with my lactoferrin. Can’t use finasteride so wish me luck :(

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A 44% increase in non-vellus hairs is the same efficacy that one would expect from minoxidil alone.

minoxidil 12 months
"62 percent of the 984 men using 5 percent minoxidil reported a reduction in hair loss. As for hair regrowth, the drug was rated as “very effective” in 16 percent of participants, “effective” in 48 percent, “moderately effective” in 21 percent, and “ineffective” in 16 percent. The side effects were minimal."

follica 3months
"Additionally, a prespecified analysis comparing the 44% change in visible (non-vellus) hair count to a 12% historical benchmark set by approved pharmaceutical products1"

please correct me if wrong but my understanding is in 1/4 the time they got 4 times the results of minoxidil or possibly finasteride which ever set that 12% bench mark .

Last edited:

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil 12 months
"62 percent of the 984 men using 5 percent minoxidil reported a reduction in hair loss. As for hair regrowth, the drug was rated as “very effective” in 16 percent of participants, “effective” in 48 percent, “moderately effective” in 21 percent, and “ineffective” in 16 percent. The side effects were minimal."

follica 3months
"Additionally, a prespecified analysis comparing the 44% change in visible (non-vellus) hair count to a 12% historical benchmark set by approved pharmaceutical products1"

please correct me if wrong but my understanding is in 1/4 the time they got 4 times the results of minoxidil or possibly finasteride which ever set that 12% bench mark .

From this clinical trial we see that non-vellus hairs were measured to be ~33.4/cm² at baseline and then after 18 weeks of minoxidil 5% twice daily non-vellus hair count was recorded to be ~47.4/cm², this is an increase of ~41.9%. So follica seems to be only slightly better than treatment using minoxidil.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
From this clinical trial we see that non-vellus hairs were measured to be ~33.4/cm² at baseline and then after 18 weeks of minoxidil 5% twice daily non-vellus hair count was recorded to be ~47.4/cm², this is an increase of ~41.9%. So follica seems to be only slightly better than treatment using minoxidil.
Good if you’re right. I’ll be one of the first to buy. If it’s not good enough for you... none of us care :p

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wheres do follica get a 12% bench mark from then is it wrong ? are they using a different measurement? does this not say follicas results are 44% to a lower 29% wheres as minoxidil has a 0% lower as there's quite few non responders? plus a anecdotal 2 year drop off for some min users.
ive used minoxidil for 16 years have no idea if it works but to frightened to stop and find out recently changed to minoxidil finasteride Tretinoin combo.

Last edited:

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just sprinkling a little reality on the discussion to help give people an accurate perspective on what to expect from Follica.
id expect people to assume they will get results at least some where near the loner diy results we seen from needlers some of which have got to be near top end 80% judging from photos. so 29% bottom seems reasonable for 15 years research and funding

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just sprinkling a little reality on the discussion to help give people an accurate perspective on what to expect from Follica.

Very small trial of almost exclusively NW3Vs which tend to respond better to treatment than other norwoods.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well don’t forget that the Minoxidil + Rolling reality for lots of people here is awesome these days.

Also one of the differences is that these results happen in half the time ‍♂️

So that’s pretty cool.

Oh and again remember some people can’t use Minoxidil for sides. So this coujd be EPIC for them :)

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well don’t forget that the Minoxidil + Rolling reality for lots of people here is awesome these days.

Also one of the differences is that these results happen in half the time ‍♂️

So that’s pretty cool.

Oh and again remember some people can’t use Minoxidil for sides. So this coujd be EPIC for them :)

Not really. Without minoxidil the wounding part of their treatment is not nearly as effective. People who can't tolerate the sides from minoxidil need to look elsewhere. I get the dark circles under my eyes every time I use minoxidil, but it's necessary for hair. You have to pick your poison.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really. Without minoxidil the wounding part of their treatment is not nearly as effective. People who can't tolerate the sides from minoxidil need to look elsewhere. I get the dark circles under my eyes every time I use minoxidil, but it's necessary for hair. You have to pick your poison.
Not once have Follica said the topical is minoxidil. It’s an assumption.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not an assumption. Read the PDFs.
I have. The PDFs that I have read said “existing formulation” which could mean anything.

If there is a PDF that specifically says minoxidil I missed it and I can’t find it. Can you please share that here.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have. The PDFs that I have read said “existing formulation” which could mean anything.

If there is a PDF that specifically says minoxidil I missed it and I can’t find it. Can you please share that here.

It's in the one you read. Right here it says "OUR LEAD PROGRAM Skin dispruption + minoxidil."
01.JPG

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really, someone did needling with zix and had great results too. There are alternatives.
There are always alternatives. Going bald is an alternative too. There's no comparable alternative besides maybe adenosine. Zix will work for some people who have a deficiency, and wounding alone will work well for some people. The combination of those two is not synergistic the way that minxoidil and wounding are. Minoxidil actually signals the cells to create hair instead of skin during the wound healing process. Zinc and vitamin B can't do that.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's in the one you read. Right here it says "OUR LEAD PROGRAM Skin dispruption + minoxidil."View attachment 134122
Dang. The last one I read said new formula.

I wonder if they are also working on something new.

Do you think Oral Min will have the same results coupled with needling?

We were all assuming needling was good with topical min for absorbing min but it clearly does more based on that image.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so when are the admins going to fix the expired certificate thing?

It seems that 99% doesn't know that it's still possible to access the site

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dang. The last one I read said new formula.

I wonder if they are also working on something new.

Do you think Oral Min will have the same results coupled with needling?

We were all assuming needling was good with topical min for absorbing min but it clearly does more based on that image.

They are working on something new also, but that will be years down the road if at all. 100% oral will work just as well with it.

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's really interesting is that follica have only stated using depths of around 0.1mm in their studies. They cite a quorum sensing study. I looked up that study and it's amazing. The study in question describes a phenomenon in mice, in which plucking a certain number of hairs can have two outcomes. If the number of hairs plucked is less than the repair threshold, no hairs regrow. If the number of hairs is greater than the repair threshold, they all repair...

So I'm wondering if I should starting experimenting with a 0.25mm dermaroller, doing as many passes as possible. That would seem to be the direction that Follica is headed. The sooner their exact protocol leaks, the better.