Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica is huge flop. Nothing in this treatment actually work to stop male pattern baldness , is just a stimulate mathod. The hair would wake up short term and then die fast after the androgena would kill the foliceles.
Again speculation. You have zero clues about their device / what’s different about it compared to other devices.
I already said and agreed with you that they are using minoxidil but that doesn’t mean they aren’t working on something else concurrently.

Also can you do me a favour and post Follica test results here.

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What we do know is that most of the device available to purchase today by consumers are comparable. And we have all read the same details and user reports about those.

Some people may be getting bleeding. Some people may be getting more of a burning effect (which based on my research - years of reading this sh*t) is probably a good thing.

They're not comparable, since we don't how much more sophisticated the Follica device is in terms of wounding. One criterion of "sophistication" would be to avoid unnecessary wounding. Unnecessary and overlapping wounding cause more bleeding, which causes more crusting, which might block minoxidil absorption. Anyone trying to achieve a similar wound density as Follica (I1200-1600 cm2) with a microneedling device will bleed a lot, and the crusts can take a week to fall off. (As in my case.)

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
They're not comparable, since we don't how much more sophisticated the Follica device is in terms of wounding.

This was my point. And why you shouldn’t be such a whiner because you are
speculating.

One criterion of "sophistication" would be to avoid unnecessary wounding.
Yes.

And right now we don’t know if their device creates more of a burn wound or more of a scabby bloody wound - like what you get.

Based on your description I wound like you but I don’t get scabs. How do you explain that.

You can’t. Neither can I. I guess you’ll just have to wait until they release a product - so until then why don’t you keep your public whining to yourself

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
The formula is out there already you know that right?
Your first mistake is your use of the word ‘the’.

We know that they use Min for at least one study,

What we don’t know:
- anything about their device except depth, speed and needle count
- anything about the other topical they were developing
- if that has stopped being developed
- whether our back yard science experiments with needling is anywhere near as close to the protocol as what they are actually doing in controlled labs

So yeah I know. And I know what I don’t know

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on your description I wound like you but I don’t get scabs. How do you explain that.

You can’t. Neither can I. I guess you’ll just have to wait until they release a product - so until then why don’t you keep your public whining to yourself

I can't currently verify at what density I'm needling. I really just needle as long as I can; I stop when the epidermis seems no longer level. (This makes usually a week before I can appear in public without a hat.)

hrplz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi - I was trying to review the (dated) clinical summary document to see if there was anything that might still be relevant and offer insight into timelines (It would have been helpful if they included talking points in their leaked classified document - c'mon, Follica!). It looks like they are/were trying to do a De Novo on the device and 505(b)(2) with the topical minoxidil. They have the 6 month study (with 200 patients) starting in Q1 of 2017 with De Novo decision in Q3 of 2018 and 505(b)(2) decision in Q4 2018. If those time ranges are still accurate, a realistic best case scenario is mid to late 2023 for release??? Anyone aware of anything that might allow for something earlier?

Attachments

• follica clinical summary_compressed (5).pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 149

poopfeast420

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As a data point, ive been on oral dutasteride 0.5 Eod for 1.5 years and have been needling with an m8 according to follica protocol for 6 months alongside minoxidil every night. My diffuse hairloss hasn't slowed and if anything has accelerated.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi - I was trying to review the (dated) clinical summary document to see if there was anything that might still be relevant and offer insight into timelines (It would have been helpful if they included talking points in their leaked classified document - c'mon, Follica!). It looks like they are/were trying to do a De Novo on the device and 505(b)(2) with the topical minoxidil. They have the 6 month study (with 200 patients) starting in Q1 of 2017 with De Novo decision in Q3 of 2018 and 505(b)(2) decision in Q4 2018. If those time ranges are still accurate, a realistic best case scenario is mid to late 2023 for release??? Anyone aware of anything that might allow for something earlier?
Hair transplant

TheShining

Established Member
Reaction score
Why are so many saying, especially in the beginning of this thread that its very hard to achieve 1600 holes per square centimeter and that the skin will be totally messed up with that many holes for each cm2.

With Dr. Pen A6 at 280 Hz and a 12 pins cartridge you make 16800 holes per square cm and second... or am I calculating wrong?

Diameter = 0.5 cm diameter=> 0.2 cm2 => 280hz x 12 pins gives 3360 holes per 0.2 cm2 and second => 16800 holes/cm2 and second

Jimmerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do 15 mins with derminator 2 at 25 Hz and 12 needles, assuming maybe 80% of the time on my head, for ~21,000 holes. Would be close to maybe 1400 holes/cm2, and my scalp isn't real messed up

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this pdf guys, so, now we are "sure" there isn't "novel" drug, but it's our "old" minoxidil, right ? Sad...i was thinking about a new analog or something else...

hrplz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for this pdf guys, so, now we are "sure" there isn't "novel" drug, but it's our "old" minoxidil, right ? Sad...i was thinking about a new analog or something else...
The PureTech website indicates that Follica has an active IND on file with the FDA. Per the 2016 pdf, the IND was to cover investigational use of a new minoxidil cartridge. It seems that Follica has abandoned the cartridge, so I'm not quite certain what the IND would be for??? Minoxidil plus something else?? The pdf says the 505(b)(2) is for minoxidil for the "whole scalp." Is that what the IND is for? I don't know enough about the FDA process to offer any insight -- just questions. :)

mansamusamoney

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Im not sure I agree though.

We know very little about the mechanics behind their device and we don’t actually know if they will release a different topical or not in the future.

What we do know is that most of the device available to purchase today by consumers are comparable. And we have all read the same details and user reports about those.

We also know, and I think we can all agree that some people who use a mixture of finasteride + min + needling get good results.

We have no idea if their device will be the same as others on the market though. Or what is different in their device based on their investment and research.

You don’t know. I don’t know.

We also know that people doing this at home are by now means doing this controlled.

It might work for people with short hair. It might not work with people who have long hair.

Some people may be getting bleeding. Some people may be getting more of a burning effect (which based on my research - years of reading this sh*t) is probably a good thing.

So yeah. It’s all speculation until proven otherwise.
I have been doing minoxidil and finasteride for 2 years with very little results. Just baby hairs on my receding temples. I have been doing micro-needling for 6 months done by a professional and my hair seems even more thin since doing the micro needling. I'm 38 and I have good Irish hair genetics. My alcoholic grandfather had a great hairline and 30% or 40% black hair until he passed at 74. I have the same hairline as him but definitely thinner.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I stopped microneedling after 1,5 years. I doesn't helped me, and since it's long to do with no benefits, i stopped it.