Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
What studies?

This is the only one I'm aware of comparing adenosine to minoxidil head to head, and the difference in user score is attributed to adenosine working faster than minoxidil.

Yup that's the one. Adenosine improved the hair quicker and the user score for people who thought it made it worse was vastly different, which I attributed to quicker MoA and less initial shedding.

What other studies are there showing that it works as well as minoxidil? I actually ordered some (from your recommendation in another thread) but I am somewhat curious to what degree I should be looking for improvement and what the average length of benefit it has compared to minoxidil.

N1TR4M

My Regimen
Reaction score
Months later and only discussion of topicals and nobody sharing (at least anecdotal) results... I think this one is a bust. I’m not sure if it’s because our pens aren’t comparable to the follicas device, or they just used the best results from the best responder; but I sure as hell haven’t seen a 40% increase in hair count. Minor improvement in hairline, decrease in overall density (and tons of flakiness) leads me to believe this isn’t gonna work. I think I’ll go back to 1.5mm at this point.
I am new here but I've read some of the older microneedling threads. I think with microneedling you have to give it at least 9 months before thinking its a bust.

N1TR4M

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you balding? If the answer is yes, then Fina & minoxidil are pretty much a given. Wounding is one more weapon in your arsenal, it can not be the only one.
In the Indian study, they showed that microneedling still provided positive effects, even on its own. 2013

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Claiming that Adenosine is Equivalent to Minoxidil is totally false. Minoxidil is FAR, FAR better potent.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the Indian study, they showed that microneedling still provided positive effects, even on its own. 2013
I believe that in the 2013 study minoxidil was used.

N1TR4M

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I was about to quit dutasteride and switch back to finasteride even though there is positive improvement in the front. I posted on the microneedling thread and a poster there recommended that I stick it out for a total of two years. Crown is going through a shed or just finished a shed because the front has already started giving results.

I think we get impatient after looking at amazing 3 month, 6 month and even a year results and yet the moderator of reddit tressless had result very late and then kept improving even at the 10 year mark. A few other posters said they showed great improvement after 2 years!

I decided to stick it out for one year and three months.

Who is this moderator

kent1du69

Reaction score
Hello guys,
Sorry if this is a frequent question but there is 47 pages here and I've already read 10 of it. Is there any success stories by guys who strictly followed the follica protocol here?
Thanks

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys,
Sorry if this is a frequent question but there is 47 pages here and I've already read 10 of it. Is there any success stories by guys who strictly followed the follica protocol here?
Thanks
Yes, but you won't find any definitive before/after photos in the thread (+ a lot of people here also use all sorts of other things). It's also hard to gauge how effective this is compared to the previous forum "standard" of 1.5mm weekly.
At the end of the day it's still needling + minoxidil. We're mostly going by the fact that Follica has been working on this for years, and has determined that this is the best protocol.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys,
Thanks
I'm on this protocol but I add sandalore with minoxidil, it's two months now and I already see a good result alot of thin and thick hair is growing even in the area that was totally bald I want to give it t least 4-6 month I was on minoxidil and fina I didn't see a fast and thick regrowth like this protocol.

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. I want to try mimicking Follica with a Derminator. I intend to use 1mm, however I'm not clear on the speed I should be moving. I think I read someone say 2cm per second, however that doesn't seem particularly and can't see the procedure taking 30mins as other people have described at that speed. Should I just go at a pace that gets me to 30mins after two passes? Thanks

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also - I am quite torn between doing to Follica 1mm method and the more usual 1.5mm - 2mm which lots of people have had results with.

Has anyone on this thread had good results with 1mm?

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I might go back to 1.5, years ago, I was putting minoxidil on my beard along with dermarolling 1.5 on my hairline, had pretty good result. I've been on finasteride and minoxidil for almost 2 years now, the results is okay. I didn't start to dermaroll until Jan. 2021.

No one in this thread has great result following Follica protocol?

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. I want to try mimicking Follica with a Derminator. I intend to use 1mm, however I'm not clear on the speed I should be moving. I think I read someone say 2cm per second, however that doesn't seem particularly and can't see the procedure taking 30mins as other people have described at that speed. Should I just go at a pace that gets me to 30mins after two passes? Thanks
It always takes 25-30 minutes to do my entire head. I do horizontal, vertical, diagonal, criss-cross passes.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also - I am quite torn between doing to Follica 1mm method and the more usual 1.5mm - 2mm which lots of people have had results with.

Has anyone on this thread had good results with 1mm?
I am doing 1mm every two weeks and have had good results with my regimen - but I’m using/doing lots of other stuff as well.

I don’t think 2mm is very usual.

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does Follica have an approximate release date at this stage? (I had read at one point that it would be available the second half of 2021.)

lasfourmos

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been microneedling with the A6 ultima highest speed at 1.25 mm for 20 min all over my scalp every week, i get a full scalp peeling is it overkill i read that follica is on the dr pen lowest speed and 20 min at only 1 mm is that correct ?