Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is the reasoning for people challenged by metrics system:
1 liter of water is 1 kilogram. We'll assume water weights roughly the same as any liquid solution in your mixture
1 milliliter (ml) of liquid solution is therefore 1 gram (1 kilogram / 1000 is 1 gram, thank you metrics!)
5% of 1 ml is 0.05 ml or according to all of the above weights 0.05 gram or 50mg (milligrams)

Voila!

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
So in summary,
I have the 1st version of derminator
How should I process to obtain similar Follica settings ?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is the reasoning for people challenged by metrics system:
1 liter of water is 1 kilogram. We'll assume water weights roughly the same as any liquid solution in your mixture
1 milliliter (ml) of liquid solution is therefore 1 gram (1 kilogram / 1000 is 1 gram, thank you metrics!)
5% of 1 ml is 0.05 ml or according to all of the above weights 0.05 gram or 50mg (milligrams)

Voila!

We don't assume our liquids are the same density as water because solutions with active ingredients, like minoxidil, are expressed as % weight/volume.

For example ethanol is roughly 21% less dense than water, if you were to assume a weight/weight % of minoxidil then you'd actually end up with 6mg of minoxidil for each intended 5mg in an ethanol solution.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can someone summarize the results of the clinical trials ?
what can I expect from Follica ?

What results? We got only a patent.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
We don't assume our liquids are the same density as water because solutions with active ingredients, like minoxidil, are expressed as % weight/volume.

For example ethanol is roughly 21% less dense than water, if you were to assume a weight/weight % of minoxidil then you'd actually end up with 6mg of minoxidil for each intended 5mg in an ethanol solution.

So what is the exact science to get you 5% minoxidil powder in a pg solution? You are still weighting 50mg per mL of solution, right?

Last edited:

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what is the exact science to get you 5% minoxidil powder in a pg solution? You are still weighting 50mg per mL of solution, right?

Yes, per mL. Nothing to do with the density of the solvent and no silly incorrect assumptions.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, per mL. Nothing to do with the density of the solvent and no silly incorrect assumptions.

How do you come with 5% of 1mL is 50mg is you don't make my silly assumption since my calculation gives the same result? All I am asking is real because I still want to understand the real assumption.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you come with 5% of 1mL is 50mg is you don't make my silly assumption since my calculation gives the same result? All I am asking is real because I still want to understand the real assumption.

The idea is not to make an assumption at all. It's much simpler, presenting a solution as % weight (of a solid active ingredient like minoxidil) / volume (of a solvent) is there for consistency of the concentration of active ingredient in different vehicles.

I'm not going to explain why assuming every solvent has the same density and then using %w/w is wrong.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another 40 minutes of needling today. I've lost count of how many times I've done this protocol now. I find it much easier to do it in the morning than at night. The worst part about doing it at night is having your head on the pillow. It makes it harder to sleep. There's really no pain when you're not touching it, and by night it's healed enough that sleeping isn't a problem.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another 40 minutes of needling today. I've lost count of how many times I've done this protocol now. I find it much easier to do it in the morning than at night. The worst part about doing it at night is having your head on the pillow. It makes it harder to sleep. There's really no pain when you're not touching it, and by night it's healed enough that sleeping isn't a problem.

You are doing it every other week?

Guts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, although I went three weeks this time.
I too am going three weeks this time, was really busy last weekend so I couldn’t get it done. Have you seen any improvement so far? I know it’s been short term and perhaps placebo but I’ve noticed my hairline seems to be improving, and my temples aren’t quite as receded; I’m still a diffuse thinner so overall my top isn’t as thick as it used to be.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I too am going three weeks this time, was really busy last weekend so I couldn’t get it done. Have you seen any improvement so far? I know it’s been short term and perhaps placebo but I’ve noticed my hairline seems to be improving, and my temples aren’t quite as receded; I’m still a diffuse thinner so overall my top isn’t as thick as it used to be.

And you are just on Fina or do you use minoxidil too?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm seeing improvement, but it's really slow going. Every month is just a little better.

Guts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And you are just on Fina or do you use minoxidil too?
The regimen on my page is outdated, I’m on 1mg finasteride a day and 5% min 1x a day. I have also started taking NAC and I suspect that has been helping as well. Occasionally use The Ordinary hair density serum too.

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It just takes too long. Screw it, I'm ordering an SHH agonist. Nobody in my family has had cancer, and my genetic profile shows a reduced risk of cancer so I figure the risk is minimal.
What's the SHH agonist called?

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely annoying what's happening to my hair right now.

I'm definitely gaining in the front but I feel like nothing is happening in the crown. It was first to go for sure but I don't know if I can do more than every other day microneedling. The front seems to be so open to microneedling that it's responding very well with appreciable increase in density.

The crown has seen very little progress, and I'm going to switch to every three days now because it's starting to get on my nerves and I'm running out of rubbing alcohol thanks to Covid19.