Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on oral minoxidil too. 90 days. Hzir worse than ever. I was diffuse norwood 1 before minoxidil, now i am norwood 2.5 with even less density. Hope it will improve...
Oddly enough today I’m seeing new baby hairs growing around my hairline - which is really unusual since it’s transplanted!

Fingers crossed.

Ivo Shandor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oddly enough today I’m seeing new baby hairs growing around my hairline - which is really unusual since it’s transplanted!

Fingers crossed.
At the front on the fringe? How long you been doing the technique? How many times?

sktboiboi

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
was thinking of getting a wireless pen you planning on full speed rpm? the protocol rpm is 7200 my derminator is 1500rpm those dr pens claim up to 18000rpm.
tho im not sure its going to matter for most what you use just need 1400 to 1800 needle holes per cm2 of scalp be sweet to use a fast pen and get it done quick just concerned quality of the needle holes may end up mattering tho the guy who got this working best had the cheapest pen set on full speed
Idk. I bought the M7. Not sure about the specs

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
At the front on the fringe? How long you been doing the technique? How many times?

At the start of 2020 I was doing daily (ish) @ .75mm + oral minoxidil.

Now I am doing the Follica protocol with oral minoxidil every two weeks at 1mm 12 needles.

I go over my head for about 20 - 30 minutes. That’s the Follica way.

The only difference is that I’m on oral minoxidil instead of topical. Well except that their needling device is far superior to anything we can buy AND there might be parts of their protocol that aren’t public yet.

Oh and yes on my hair transplant hairline

sktboiboi

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok i prepped my topical.

im gonna start wounding tonight with the roller first. wish me luck

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are the pictures of my second follica protocol treatment. This time with 1mm and less pressure which hopefully ends up at the 0.8mm as required. It is definitely less blood as with 0.75mm and Hard pressure.

Do your temples look roughly the same as mine after treatment

Attachments

• 20200301_181418.jpg
    20200301_181418.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 566
  • 20200301_181720.jpg
    20200301_181720.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 561

sktboiboi

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok i prepped my topical.

im gonna start wounding tonight with the roller first. wish me luck
ok i just finished- took about 25mins. so far so good- scalp isnt butchered. just some little blood here n there.i will wait 3 hrs before applying the topical.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are the pictures of my second follica protocol treatment. This time with 1mm and less pressure which hopefully ends up at the 0.8mm as required. It is definitely less blood as with 0.75mm and Hard pressure.

Do your temples look roughly the same as mine after treatment
How long did you go for?

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the temples i moved around 6-7 seconds per cm2 on 25MHZ. So took just a couple of Minutes for this small area

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
after my 20 min session using D1 at 0.75mm on fast setting I have got what feels like a very painful pimple on my scalp. infection?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
after my 20 min session using D1 at 0.75mm on fast setting I have got what feels like a very painful pimple on my scalp. infection?

I’ve had that. I think it’s just a wounded area. Like you’ve grazed yourself.

it’s never lasted for me more than a day or two.

Murat312

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. I have a question that may sound dumb to you, but i have to ask, in follica's website, it says that their treatment aims to create new hair follicles and thicken existing ones. If that's the case, do you think that it is possible to use their products on the donor area for those who have had hair transplants and suffer from overharvesting? Sorry for the long question.

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. I have a question that may sound dumb to you, but i have to ask, in follica's website, it says that their treatment aims to create new hair follicles and thicken existing ones. If that's the case, do you think that it is possible to use their products on the donor area for those who have had hair transplants and suffer from overharvesting? Sorry for the long question.

I though about this as well i don't think it will work as graphs are 4mm deep holes tho i don't know if you could microneedle the top layer of scar tissue away and grow hair with scared under layer.

I wondered if this would be easier with beard transplant area as this hair is aggressive growing compared to scalp i have scar where i cut a raised black hair mole off my jawline in my teens the hair that later grew back there was white then changed to match the surrounding hair.

But i think the depth of the punch scar probably makes it all not possible with out crazy 4 to5mm needling if at all.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I though about this as well i don't think it will work as graphs are 4mm deep holes tho i don't know if you could microneedle the top layer of scar tissue away and grow hair with scared under layer.

I wondered if this would be easier with beard transplant area as this hair is aggressive growing compared to scalp i have scar where i cut a raised black hair mole off my jawline in my teens the hair that later grew back there was white then changed to match the surrounding hair.

But i think the depth of the punch scar probably makes it all not possible with out crazy 4 to5mm needling if at all.

Your point makes sense, although, you may grow additional new hair follicles surrounding the FUE scars to give an appearance of better density.

I did some microneedling on my donor left side were I saw a small patch of what looked to me to be over harvested from my hair transplant procedure, and I see new dark hairs where I have mostly white/grey hairs and density looks better, that is my personal experience, so if follica does some studies on FUE patients too I think it could be helpful to people who’s donor was over harvested, which to me is a better option than SMP.

sktboiboi

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Miscellaneous things u really need for sticking to this protocol comfortably:

1)
71uiezvVNsL._SL1500_.jpg

2)
White-Black-Fashion-Plain-Lady-Plastic-Hair-Band-Headbands-NO-Teeth-Headwear-Girl-Hair-DIY-Tool.jpg

3)
$_57.jpg

In addition to the derma pen n topical. Do not skip the alcohol swabs, I had a fever episode before after wounding without disinfecting.

hrplz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure it's been about a month since this came out, if not more. Anyone following the follica protocol able to chime in with results?

I did my 3rd session last night. Not noticing anything as of yet (but not sure I should be). I use the D2 (1mm, fast) and minoxidil twice per day.

Guts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure it's been about a month since this came out, if not more. Anyone following the follica protocol able to chime in with results?

As I commented before, the day after my second session my whole scalp was covered in dead skin. I’m not sure if it was a slight infection, or my body healing from all the microwounding; but it was really bad flakes for a couple days; even formed a scab on the side of my head. I finally got some psoriasis shampoo a couple days ago and it seems to have cleared up. Outside of that, my temples and hairline have a lot of new smaller hairs from what I can see. I’m not sure if applying minoxidil directly afterwards is helping or not, but I will say my hair overall looks a lot healthier and I feel much more comfortable about it. Hopefully I’ll see some serious improvement by month three like in the studies.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I commented before, the day after my second session my whole scalp was covered in dead skin. I’m not sure if it was a slight infection, or my body healing from all the microwounding; but it was really bad flakes for a couple days; even formed a scab on the side of my head. I finally got some psoriasis shampoo a couple days ago and it seems to have cleared up. Outside of that, my temples and hairline have a lot of new smaller hairs from what I can see. I’m not sure if applying minoxidil directly afterwards is helping or not, but I will say my hair overall looks a lot healthier and I feel much more comfortable about it. Hopefully I’ll see some serious improvement by month three like in the studies.

After a few days my whole top layer of skin is dead, and I spend a half hour scraping all the dandruff off my scalp

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to ask but could you simply give an explanation of what the protocol is for someone who has been out of the forum for some time? Also how to achieve it with a dermapen?