Follica - Good News!

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope so, but Aderans was another well respected Japanese company that was on the cutting edge of hair multiplication and they make rugs now. I'll believe in these new treatments when they are growing hair on my head.
Aderans failed to amplify DP cells, whereas Tsuji achieved that a couple of years ago.
There is definitely a lot of progress, dude.

The Baldy Man

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really hope Tsuji can do it. But it seems like our damn follicles are the most complex thing on Earth and whenever someone gets close to solving one angle, another equation enters the picture. For example we used to think that you could just wipe out the DHT and that would be it but dutasteride is not the cure, and we have discovered a whole bunch of other mechanisms that exacerbate baldness and more required for regrowth. I just hope that Tsuji does not run out of money or hit any insurmountable roadblocks. I think Tsuji is promising, but I don't believe their 2020 release date AT ALL, unless someone can show me a concrete evidence that they will have it figured out and released by then rather than just placeholder dates that Riken makes up. There is always delays with these companies. Always. Maybe eventually, if they don't run out of money after their inevitable delays like Histogen did.

Last edited:

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really hope Tsuji can do it. But it seems like our damn follicles are the most complex thing on Earth and whenever someone gets close to solving one angle, another equation enters the picture. For example we used to think that you could just wipe out the DHT and that would be it but dutasteride is not the cure, and we have discovered a whole bunch of other mechanisms that exacerbate baldness and more required for regrowth. I just hope that Tsuji does not run out of money or hit any insurmountable roadblocks. I think Tsuji is promising, but I don't believe their 2020 release date AT ALL, unless someone can show me a concrete evidence that they will have it figured out and released by then rather than just placeholder dates that Riken makes up. There is always delays with these companies. Always. Maybe eventually, if they don't run out of money after their inevitable delays like Histogen did.
Tsuji is funded by the Japanese government.
As long as there is Japan, there is gonna be Tsuji. Hehe!
By late next year, I'm pretty confident we will know whether his deed works or not.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aderans failed to amplify DP cells, whereas Tsuji achieved that a couple of years ago.
There is definitely a lot of progress, dude.

Tsuji doesn't amplify DP cells; he cultures epithelial and mesenchymal cells.

He said in that email that they developed a method for culturing the former, but also said they need to test it on humans.

pollutionbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really hope Tsuji can do it. But it seems like our damn follicles are the most complex thing on Earth and whenever someone gets close to solving one angle, another equation enters the picture. For example we used to think that you could just wipe out the DHT and that would be it but dutasteride is not the cure, and we have discovered a whole bunch of other mechanisms that exacerbate baldness and more required for regrowth. I just hope that Tsuji does not run out of money or hit any insurmountable roadblocks.

They aim to clone the follicles right? I think that is a lot easier than actually understanding how the follicles work and what effects them.

Rolandconil

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji doesn't amplify DP cells; he cultures epithelial and mesenchymal cells.

He said in that email that they developed a method for culturing the former, but also said they need to test it on humans.
You are NOT the smart guy you think you are.
DP cells, Dermal Papilla cells, ARE, INDEED, mesenchymal cells.
Not only are you completely ignorant of basic histology, but you act like a smart aleck, to boot.
Pathetic!

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Indeed, one should.

I said he cultures epithelial and mesenchymal stem cells.

You believe that it's all fine and dandy because he "cultured DP cells" or whatever, but that's only half the puzzle: They need to culture the epithelial cells.

"For applications of our technology, both mesenchymal stem cells and epithelial stem cells, which are applicable to human clinical applications, are needed. With respect to the development of the technology to cultivate mesenchymal stem cells, that is papilla cells, being applicable to human clinical trials, we are already in progress now for development. On the other hand, as for the technology to cultivate epithelial stem cells of follicles, it still remains a significant challenge globally."

Until Tsuji's cultivation of these cells is proven to work with human cells, it's still roadblocked like the ones that came before it.

He probably will achieve this, but you can suck a dick regardless.

You've been talking about mesenchymal cells as though they're different from DP cells for some time. You talk with an air of authority so your bs sounds valid to some people. This is the problem with broscience - too many ignorant people out there misinforming other people. People should put most of their faith in what the FDA and researchers say.

Last edited:

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Indeed, one should.

I said he cultures epithelial and mesenchymal stem cells.

You believe that it's all fine and dandy because he "cultured DP cells" or whatever, but that's only half the puzzle: They need to culture the epithelial cells.

"For applications of our technology, both mesenchymal stem cells and epithelial stem cells, which are applicable to human clinical applications, are needed. With respect to the development of the technology to cultivate mesenchymal stem cells, that is papilla cells, being applicable to human clinical trials, we are already in progress now for development. On the other hand, as for the technology to cultivate epithelial stem cells of follicles, it still remains a significant challenge globally."

Until Tsuji's cultivation of these cells is proven to work with human cells, it's still roadblocked like the ones that came before it.

He probably will achieve this, but you can suck a dick regardless.

Why do you say he "probably" will be able to achieve this? What are you basing that on? Asking because I don't know.

Christian Miller

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@That Guy
First of all, there are no f#cking mesenchymal cells. There are mesenchymal STEM cells.
Moving on, what Tsuji's team, in fact, does is they recreate an embryonic-alike environment in which epithelial and mesenchymal STEM cells forcedly interact with each other in a way so that primordia/organ germs are generated, which means you get sheath cup cells (the ones Replicel amplifies), DP cells and epithelial cells. What mostly makes up a hair follicle, actually.
Aderans went for the DP cells and failed.
Tsuji's team, on the other hand, has managed to culture those mesenchymal STEM cells that are to differentiate into DP cells, but they haven't tried to induce their differentiation into DP cells all alone, as far as we have been let known, 'cause that is not what they are aiming for.
Nevertheless, in my opinion, a side research should have already started concerning the effect of injecting those mesenchymal stem cells in our scalp dermis. The same applies to epithelial stem cells, if they have, indeed, managed to culture them.
A recent iranian study on stem cell injections points to such a potential, actually.
What about now, loser?

Last edited:

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
I looked and saw that the thread started in 2008, back when I was a blissfully unaware NW0 11 year old. I can only imagine the pain of people who were balding then hoping new treatments would come out soon.

"interesting, if the trials show good regrowth, we could see this in less then 2 years. lets pray its safe and shows good hair."- January 5, 2008.
Stock market crash and global recession

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I looked and saw that the thread started in 2008, back when I was a blissfully unaware NW0 11 year old. I can only imagine the pain of people who were balding then hoping new treatments would come out soon.

"interesting, if the trials show good regrowth, we could see this in less then 2 years. lets pray its safe and shows good hair."- January 5, 2008.
It's a little comforting to see other 18-19 year olds here. I'm sorry that you're going through this. Sometimes I get sad and wish I was a kid again, back when I didn't even have to think about all of this stuff :(

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow us more "mature" people here are totally envious of the youngsters because you have legitimate hair loss treatments to look forward to in the near future. Wish I was 19 today,

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow us more "mature" people here are totally envious of the youngsters because you have legitimate hair loss treatments to look forward to in the near future. Wish I was 19 today,

Yep, my 18-24 year old time passed right before my eyes as a balding freak of nature. I'm 28 now hoping to get my hair back in my 30s. Depressing to think about.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score

You can have "today". I'll take my 19 back which was when the first man landed on the moon, muscle cars, Woodstock and no herpes, HIV - 1969. Much less stress in society then.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From the guy who claims to have like, 50k saved so he can pay for something that isn't even in phase I.

Do you see what you did wrong?

So are you really gonna sit here and indirectly sh*t on people that are saving money for Tsuji's treatment? Including @Swoop , who is arguably the most respected member of this entire community? He's been quoted saying "Start saving boys & girls. I already started :)".

Have some f*****g awareness.

It is absolutely retarded that people deny that something like Follica will work for all the previously mentioned reasons, and it's already known to work in humans, but are hyped as sh*t, actually planning and saving money for, a therapy that is not yet a go for humans and simple common sense when you consider the logistics of what they're planning tell you it is not going to be a practical option for many.

Stop shitting on people for saving stop bitching about how unattainable it will be. Let the people who have the money (or are able and willing to save) make their own goddamn choices.