Follica Announce Expected Fda Filing In 2020

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah f***, maybe it’s bad news then, cos they’ve slyly changed that date in image 2 from the pivotal trial starting in 2019 to now starting in 2020. At least they haven’t changed the FDA filing date.

Unfortunately, delaying the trial likely delays their filing date. This (delays) should always be expected though - I'd be surprised if you could find one company that met its target dates for any of their trials and data puclications.

Regardless, Follica is the only realistic new treatment to make it to the US market for the foreseeable future, so I'm excited. My only debate at this point is to wait and see results, or go ahead with a transplant (Cots or someone else has said this should compete with transplants, at least with repeated treatments). My hair is bad enough that another 1.5 years likely won't make a significant difference.

Last edited:

Rho Gain

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its apparently not that widely known, because I can't find any article stating what you wrote.

Also a study tend to tell us if its a best case scenario if we assume the 25 terminal hairs pr. cm2, or if its average, median, top 10% best respondents what ever it might be.and for how long do the hairs stay? is it permanent, 1-2 years what is the timeframe for the new hairs.

All i found is a claim from 2013 where they talk about increasing hair follicles with 2-3 fold (its based on mice study)

On their own site they base the results on a study on 20 males, where the claim about "significant" regrowth is being talked about.

So would be awesome if you could find a direct link to the claim about the 25 cm2 terminal hairs, and its not based on a mouse study.

The link has been posted on this site many times - if you care to search for it, have at it, but I'm not doing you any favors after that sort of reply. Good luck!

Inb4 Follica isn't available within two years

It won't - but it will be within three. My guess is sometime in the second half of 2022.

Rho Gain

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get real.

finasteride's result per cm2: 16
CB's result per cm2: ~12

Are people regrowing norwoods with finasteride and CB? No. I have 30% of the hair I had when I started finasteride 8 months ago, in fact.

Expect this to do probably 50% more than regular ol' microneedling. If you're not getting any results with that now then tough.

dutasteride or death

Well, I've been on Finasteride and Minoxidil for 20 years, and still have a cosmetically full head of hair; if I had to put it a Norwood on it, it would be a 2.

There are between 125 to 200 follicles per cm2 (density varies greatly between individuals). If Follica can achieve >25 cm2, then that's 1/6 of total density, which is one to two NWs, depending on your original density.

Go ahead and reply - I'm just not interested in arguing with random, angry, black-pilled high NWs anymore. Flame away - I don't have the time to waste.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I've been on Finasteride and Minoxidil for 20 years, and still have a cosmetically full head of hair; if I had to put it a Norwood on it, it would be a 2.

There are between 125 to 200 follicles per cm2 (density varies greatly between individuals). If Follica can achieve >25 cm2, then that's 1/6 of total density, which is one to two NWs, depending on your original density.

Go ahead and reply - I'm just not interested in arguing with random, angry, black-pilled high NWs anymore. Flame away, just don't expect a reply - I don't have the time to waste.

better to say 250 hairs per cm² ... ; )

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like good days are ahead of us, but just sucks how quiet Shiseido have been. Really was/is my most anticipated treatment-

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The link has been posted on this site many times - if you care to search for it, have at it, but I'm not doing you any favors after that sort of reply. Good luck!

But what you are talking about that have been posted many times here, is still based on studies done on mice.

So far that i know, we haven't had any access to human trails results anywhere. Like it have been on many other mice studies its quite trivial to regrow new hair on mice, but its the human studies that are interesting.

MrJolly26

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica is (or will be) the real deal, but you´ve been talking about a product we will get in a Pharmacy. Where did you get that? Hope you are right, but I think the company has just been talking about the device. And I think we won´t be able to buy it, because it will be used in different clinics.

If there´s a product (like the so-called Rain) that I must be aware of, please, show me this beloved quotes so I can read/do research about it. Because I want it to be sold as soon as possible.

It´s time for Finas to be substituted for a much better product which gives us back our hair.

Thanks ;)

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody able to provide some cliff notes on what depths they are using exactly with needling/ wounding and how often, as well as any known medications involved?

Edit: Just having a skim around: Is it just .8 mm needling once a week with an off day on the needling day and then valproic acid topical ~12% for the other 6 days of the week, or do they have many different iterations that they're working through involving other topicals that we know of as well?

Last edited:

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

Go ahead and reply - I'm just not interested in arguing with random, angry, black-pilled high NWs anymore. Flame away - I don't have the time to waste.

Forums are for interested people to discuss the subjects upon which the topics are based on.

So good on you for maintaining. But nobody here is interested in your story. Why not find another forum for min + fun stories?

glammetal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What kind of command is this??Noone here is your secretary.

Last edited:

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody able to provide some cliff notes on what depths they are using exactly with needling/ wounding and how often, as well as any known medications involved?

Edit: Just having a skim around: Is it just .8 mm needling once a week with an off day on the needling day and then valproic acid topical ~12% for the other 6 days of the week, or do they have many different iterations that they're working through involving other topicals that we know of as well?

From Follica 2017

NEEDLING DEVICE AND DRUG APPLICATOR Patent

About penetration depth

[000166] With regards to penetration depth control of the needles, a variety of different penetration depth adjustments may be available. In an embodiment, penetration depth may range from 0.5 millimeters in the retracted position to 2.5 millimeters; however, it should be appreciated that the penetration depth of the needles is available in a broader range. For example, the penetration depth may include a range from -0.5 millimeters where the needles are in a completely retracted position to a range of 5 millimeters or more. The penetration depth may include at least -0.5 millimeters, at least 0 millimeters, at least 0.5 millimeters, at least 1 millimeter, at least 1.5 millimeters, at least 2 millimeters, at least 2.5 millimeters, at least 3 millimeters, at least 3.5 millimeters, at least 4 millimeters, at least 4.5 millimeters, at most 0.5 millimeters, at most 1 millimeter, at most 1.5 millimeters, at most 2 millimeters, at most 2.5 millimeters, at most 3 millimeters, at most 3.5 millimeters, at most 4 millimeters, at most 4.5 millimeters, or at most 5 millimeters.
[000167] In one aspect, a needling device or needling adaptor described herein is suitable for disrupting skin to a penetration depth of between 30 [tm to 200 [tm (e.g., to a maximum depth of 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 120, 130, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 190 or 200 [tm), and preferably to approximately 100-150 [tm. In one aspect, a needling device or needling adaptor described herein is suitable for disrupting skin to a depth of 100 [am. In one aspect, a needling device or needling adaptor described herein is suitable for disrupting skin to a depth of 150 [tm.

about use it looks like its going to be on a clinic and not home use. Or that is at least how i "translate" it

[000217] For example, a needle array having a rectangular configuration may be provided on a first sheath adaptor that is used by a physician on a patient for hair growth applications. After use, the first adaptor may be replaced by a second sheath adaptor having a different needle array configuration, for example, a circular needle array configuration. The needling device may be used on different parts of one patient's skin without a need to clean the needling device because it is fully encapsulated within the adaptor sheath. Also, the needling device may be used on different patients. For example, a physician may use the first needling adaptor with the device on a first patient and then remove and replace the first adaptor with a second needling adaptor for use on a second patient. As described above in reference to the description of the needling devices, a number of different procedures may be conducted such as procedures for hair growth applications, wrinkle reduction, scar revision, hair removal, tattoo removal, and pigmentation.

Others users are also "allowed" but that is only during the massaging function of the device

[000219] In an example, methods of using applicator devices include providing an applicator comprising having a housing, a drug delivery cartridge carried by the housing, and a massage head which is mounted on the housing, powering on the applicator; and dispense a drug automatically by a dispensing mechanism that is linked to movement of the massage head or by any other dispensing mechanism. In an example, the applicator devices are programmed by a physician or any user to follow a preset cycle of massage-only or massage and dispense; for example, a 5-minute massage cycle is followed by a 1-minute massage and dispense cycle. The device may be programmed from a keypad on the device or wirelessly using an external device.

Drugs/Agents that can be used with the device

[000272] In one aspect, the agent is an agent that promotes hair growth. For example, hair growth-promoting agents for use, alone or in combination, in accordance with this aspect include but are not limited to: agents affecting prostaglandins, such as Prostaglandin F2a analogs, e.g. latanoprost (trade name Xalatan), travoprost (trade name Travatan), tafluprost, unoprostone, dinoprost (trade name Prostin F2 Alpha), AS604872, BOL303259X, PF3187207, carboprost (trade name Hemabate); Prostamides, e.g., bimatoprost (trade names Latisse, Lumigan); Prostanoid receptor agonists, e.g. fluprostenol; Prostaglandin D2 receptor antagonists, e.g. laropiprant, AM21 1; Prostglandin E2 analogs, e.g. sulprostone; and EP 2 receptor agonists, e.g. butaprost; 5a-reductase inhibitors, such as, e.g., finasteride, dutasteride, turosteride, bexlosteride, izonsteride, epristeride, epigallocatechin, Fluridil (Sovak et al, Dermatol Surg. 2002;28(8):678 685), RU 58841 (Pan et al. Endocrine. 1998;9(1):39-43), N,N-diethyl-4-methyl-3-oxo-4-aza-5 alpha-androstane-17 beta-carboxamide (Rittmaster et al., J Clin Endocrinol Metab.
1987;65(1):188-193), MK-386, azelaic acid, FCE 28260, SKF 105,111; Minoxidil; ATP sensitive potassium channel openers, e.g. diazoxide; and the hair growth-promoting agents described herein or otherwise known in the art, such as, e.g., kopexil (for example, the product KeraniqueTM), CaC12, botilinum toxin A, adenosine, ketoconazole, DoxoRx, Docetaxel, FK506, GP11046, GP11511, LGD 1331, ICX-TRC, MTS-01, NEOSH101, HYG-102440, HYG-410, HYG-420, HYG-430, HYG-440, spironolactone, CB-03-01, RK-023, Abatacept, Viviscal®, MorrF, ASC-J9, NP-619, AS1O, Metron-F-1, PSK 3841, Targretin (e.g., 1% gel), MedinGel, PF3187207, BOL303259X, AS604872, THG1 1331, PF-277343, PF-3004459, Raptiva, caffeine, and coffee. Other hair-growth promoting agents include arginine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, valine, gamma linoleic acid and polyphenol catechins, copper peptides. Other hair-growth promoting agents that can be formulated as a hair wash tonic could include but are not limited to, j oj oba oil, extract of apple, saw palmetto, emu oil, beta carotene and green tea. In another aspect, the applicators may also be used in combination with drugs for alopecia being developed by SWITCH Biotech LLC. In addition, other agents include compounds identified by the following company and company ID, Actelion ACT 129968 (setipiprant), Actimis AP768, Amira AM21 1, Amira AM461, Amgen AMG853, Array BiPharma ARRY-502, AstraZeneca AZD1981, AstraZeneca AZD8075, AstraZeneca AZD5985, Merck MK-7246, Novartis QAV680, Oxagen OC000459, Ocagen OC002417, Pulmagen ADC3680B, Shionogi S-555739, BBI-5000, SM04554, and KYTH105 (setipiprant). Further, additional agents include proteasome inhibitor such as lactacystin, a peptidyl aldehyde, or pentoxyfilline (PTX).

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follow up on the post before

And hey also describe another compound but its hard to crossreference it all too see if its already been mentioned or not i previous paragraph.

5.6.1 HAIR GROWTH-PROMOTING AGENTS
[000280] In a specific embodiment, a compound described herein is a hair growth-promoting agent.
[000281] The integumental perturbation methods described in Section 5.1 supra, alone or in combination with a post-perturbation treatment described in Section 5.2 supra, may be used in combination treatments with hair growth-promoting agents, and optionally in combination with the treatments described in Section 5.4 below. In some embodiments, a hair growth-promoting agent described herein promotes hair follicle development and growth, resulting in the transition of vellus hair on an area of the skin to nonvellus, e.g., intermediate or terminal, hair. In some embodiments, a hair growth-promoting agent described herein acts synergistically with the integumental perturbation method to promote hair growth. The effect that each treatment offers could be an additive or synergistic improvement, or a combination of two different biologically defined effects, to achieve the desired end result.
[000282] In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent is a treatment that promotes hair growth and/or treats a disease or condition associated with excessive hair loss. Any treatment that promotes hair growth and/or treats a disease or condition associated with excessive hair loss that is known in the art or yet to be developed is contemplated for use in accordance with these embodiments.
[000283] In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with one or more channel openers (e.g., potassium channel opener, e.g., an ATP sensitive potassium channel (KATP opener), or an activator of such a channel), such as, e.g., minoxidil (e.g., marketed as Rogaine or Regaine), diazoxide, or phenytoin. In a particular embodiment, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with minoxidil. Commonly used dosage forms of minoxidil that may be used in accordance with these embodiments are topical solutions comprising 2% minoxidil or 5% minoxidil, for example, topical minoxidil foam 5%.
[000284] In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with one or more 5a-reductase inhibitors. Non-limiting examples of 5a-reductase inhibitors include finasteride, dutasteride (e.g., Avodart), turosteride, bexlosteride, izonsteride, epristeride, epigallocatechin, MK-386, azelaic acid, FCE 28260, and SKF 105,111. Commonly used dosage forms of finasteride that may be used in such treatments are, for example, oral finasteride at 1 mg/day. See, e.g., Physicians' Desk Reference, 2009, 63rd ed., Montvale, NJ: Physicians' Desk Reference Inc., entries for Propecia® and Proscar® at pages 2095-2099 and 2102-2106, respectively, which are incorporated herein by reference in their entireties.
[000285] In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with one or more antiandrogens, such as, e.g., finasteride (e.g., marketed as Propecia or Proscar), ketoconazole, fluconazole, spironolactone, flutamide, diazoxide, 17-alpha hydroxyprogesterone, 11 -alpha-hydroxyprogesterone, ketoconazole, RU5 8841, dutasteride (marketed as Avodart), fluridil, or QLT-7704, an antiandrogen oligonucleotide, or others described in Poulos & Mirmirani, 2005, Expert Opin. Investig. Drugs 14:177-184, the contents of which is incorporated herein by reference.
[000286] In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with one or more prostaglandin F2a analogs, prostaglandin analogs, or prostaglandins. Non-limiting examples of prostaglandin F2a analogs include bimatoprost (e.g., Latisse, Lumigan), latanoprost (trade name Xalatan), travoprost (trade name Travatan), tafluprost, unoprostone, dinoprost (trade name Prostin F2 Alpha), AS604872, BOL303259X, PF3187207, carboprost (trade name Hemabate). For exemplary prostaglandin F2a analogs, as well as formulations, dosages, and treatment regimens, for use in accordance with the methods described herein, see, e.g., US Patent Nos. 8,017,655, 5,688,819, 6,403,649, 5,510,383, 5,631,287, 5,849,792, 5,889,052, 6,011,062, 7,163,959, 5,296,504, 5,422,368, 6,429,226, and 6,946,120, the entire contents of each of which is incorporated herein by reference in its entirety. See also, with respect to latanoprost, Uno et al., 2002, Acta Derm Venereol 82:7-12, the contents of which is incorporated herein by reference in its entirety.
[000287] In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with one or more of the following hair growth-promoting agents: kopexil (for example, the product KeraniqueTM), CaC12, botilinum toxin A, adenosine, ketoconazole, DoxoRx, Docetaxel, FK506, GP11046, GP11511, LGD 1331, ICX-TRC, MTS-01, NEOSH101, HYG 102440, HYG-410, HYG-420, HYG-430, HYG-440, spironolactone, CB-03-01, RK-023, Abatacept, Viviscal®, MorrF, ASC-J9, NP-619, AS1O, Metron-F-1, PSK 3841, Targretin (e.g., 1% gel), MedinGel, PF3187207, BOL303259X, AS604872, THG11331, PF-277343, PF 3004459, Raptiva, caffeine, an coffee. In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises drugs for alopecia being developed by SWITCH Biotech LLC.
[000288] In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with one or more of the following: herbs (such as, e.g., saw palmetto, glycine soja, Panax ginseng, Castanea Sativa, Arnica Montana, Hedera Helix Geranium Maculatum), triamcinolone acetonide (e.g., suspension of 2.5 to 5 mg/ml for injection), a topical irritant (e.g., anthralin) or sensitizer (e.g., squaric acid dibutyl ester [SADBE] or diphenyl cyclopropenone [DPCP]), clomipramine, unsaturated fatty acids (e.g., gamma linolenic acid), a fatty acid derivative, thickeners (such as, e.g., carbomer, glycol distearate, cetearyl alcohol), a hair loss concealer, niacin, nicotinate esters and salts, adenosine, and methionine. In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with nitroxide spin labels (e.g., TEMPO and TEMPOL). See United States Patent 5,714,482, which is incorporated herein by reference.
[000289] In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with an androgen receptor inhibitor, which have been shown to be useful for stimulating scalp hair growth (Hu LY, et al., 2007, B100rg Med Chem Lett. 2007 17:5983-5988).
[000290] In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with a copper peptide(s), preferably applied topically, or another compound with superoxide dismutation activity. In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with an agent that increases nitric oxide production (e.g., arginine, citrulline, nitroglycerin, amyl nitrite, or sildenafil (v****)). In preferred embodiments, such compounds are administered further in combination with a catalase or catalase mimetic, or other antioxidant or free radical scavenger.
[000291] In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with a compound that mobilizes bone marrow-derived stem cells (e.g., growth factors such as G-CSF and/or chemical agents such as plerixafor (Mozobil®)); and/or that regulates the differentiation of these stem cells into gender-specific specialized human hair follicles (e.g., using agents such as finasteride, fluconazole, spironolactone, flutamide, diazoxide, 11-alpha hydroxyprogesterone, ketoconazole, RU58841, dutasteride, fluridil, or QLT-7704, an antiandrogen oligonucleotide, cyoctol, topical progesterone, topical estrogen, cyproterone acetate, ru58841, combination 5a-reductase inhibitors, oral contraceptive pills, and others in Poulos & Mirmirani, 2005, Expert Opin. Investig. Drugs 14:177-184, incorporated herein by reference, or any other antiestrogen, an estrogen, or estrogen-like drug (alone or in combination with agents that increase stem cell plasticity; e.g., such as valproate), etc., known in the art), that can result in, e.g., the appearance of specialized follicles having features that are different from natural follicles in the target location of skin.
[000292] In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with one or more agents that counteract age-related hair thinning and/or hair follicle cell senescence (also referred to herein as "anti-senescence agents") for example, anti-oxidants such as glutathione, ascorbic acid, tocopherol, uric acid, or polyphenol antioxidants); inhibitors of reactive oxygen species (ROS) generation, such as superoxide dismutase inhibitors; stimulators of ROS breakdown, such as selenium; mTOR inhibitors, such as rapamycin; or sirtuins or activators thereof, such as resveratrol, or other SIRTI, SIRT3 activators, or nicotinamide inhibitors.
[000293] In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with one or more agents that induce an immune response or cause inflammation, such as, e.g., tetanus toxoid, topical non-specific irritants (anthralin), or sensitizers (squaric acid dibutyl ester [SADBE] and diphenyl cyclopropenone [DPCP]). While not intending to be bound by any theory, it is thought that by contacting these agents to the skin, lymphocytes and hair follicle stem cells may be recruited to skin. In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with a chemical or mechanical (such as those discussed infra) treatment that induces an inflammatory process in the skin. While not intending to be bound by any theory, inducing inflammation in the site where hair growth is desired helps to recruit stem cells to the tissues that drive the formation of new follicles.
[000294] In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with an antiapoptotic compound. In one embodiment, the antiapoptotic compound is not a Wnt or a Wnt agonist.
[000295] In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with stem cell therapy, hair cloning, hair transplantation, scalp massage, a skin graft, hair plugs, follicular unit extraction, or any surgical procedure aimed at hair restoration.
[000296] In certain embodiments, a hair growth-promoting agent described herein may be used at a dosage or in a range of dosages known in the art for that agent (e.g., as made available on a package insert or in the Physicians' Desk Reference). In other embodiments the regular dosage of the hair growth-promoting agent is adjusted to optimize a combination treatment (e.g., integumental perturbation or treatment with another active ingredient) described herein. For example, the regular dosage may be increased or decreased as directed by the physician. For example, a lower dosage may be used over a shorter duration owing to the synergistic effect of combination with another treatment described herein.
[000297] In certain embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent may be used in its commercially available form. In other embodiments, the form of the hair growth-promoting agent is adjusted to optimize a combination treatment (e.g., integumental perturbation or treatment with another active ingredient) described herein. In a particular embodiment, the hair growth-promoting agent is formulated as a different salt form than that which is commercially available. In a particular embodiment, the hair growth-promoting agent is formulated for topical administration, e.g., by incorporation into a pharmaceutical composition for post-perturbation treatment described in Section 5.2 infra.
[000298] In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent enhances conversion of vellus hair to nonvellus hair. In a particular embodiment, the hair growth-promoting agent enhances conversion of vellus hair to terminal hair. Exemplary hair growth-promoting agents that promote conversion of vellus to nonvellus hair that may be used in accordance with these embodiments are prostaglandin F2a analogs (in one aspect, latanoprost), minoxidil, etc. In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent enhances conversion of telogen hair to anagen hair. In a particular embodiment, the hair growth-promoting agent enhances conversion of telogen hair to anagen hair. Exemplary hair growth-promoting agents that promote conversion of telogen to anagen hair that may be used in accordance with these embodiments are prostaglandin F2a analogs (in one aspect, latanoprost), minoxidil, etc.
[000299] In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with an antiandrogen (e.g., a 5a-reductase inhibitor) and a channel opener (e.g., minoxidil). In one such embodiment, a 5a-reductase inhibitor is administered in combination with minoxidil. In one such embodiment, finasteride is administered in combination with minoxidil. In some embodiments, the hair growth-promoting agent treatment comprises treatment with a prostaglandin F2a or prostamide analog (e.g., latanoprost, bimatoprost, etc.) in combination with a channel opener (e.g., minoxidil). In one such embodiment, a prostaglandin F2a or prostamide analog is administered in combination with minoxidil. In one such embodiment, latanoprost is administered in combination with minoxidil. In another such embodiment, bimatoprost is administered in combination with minoxidil.
[000300] In some embodiments, a treatment described herein for promoting hair growth in a female subject does not comprise finasteride or ketoconazole. In some embodiments, a treatment described herein for promoting hair growth in a pregnant female subject is not finasteride or ketoconazole.
[000301] In some embodiments a treatment described herein for promoting hair growth does not comprise minoxidil. In some embodiments a treatment described herein for promoting hair growth does not comprise finasteride. In some embodiments a treatment described herein for promoting hair growth does not comprise dutasteride. In some embodiments a treatment described herein for promoting hair growth does not comprise fluridil. In some embodiments a treatment described herein for promoting hair growth does not comprise spironolactone. In some embodiments a treatment described herein for promoting hair growth does not comprise cyproterone acetate. In some embodiments a treatment described herein for promoting hair growth does not comprise bicalutamide. In some embodiments a treatment described herein for promoting hair growth does not comprise flutamide. In some embodiments a treatment described herein for promoting hair growth does not comprise nilutamide. In some embodiments a treatment described herein for promoting hair growth does not comprise an inhibitor of an androgen receptor. In some embodiments a treatment described herein for promoting hair growth does not comprise an androgen antagonist. In some embodiments a treatment described herein for promoting hair growth does not comprise an anti-androgen.

There you go, be happy about the wall of text !

Rho Gain

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Forums are for interested people to discuss the subjects upon which the topics are based on.

So good on you for maintaining. But nobody here is interested in your story. Why not find another forum for min + fun stories?

I was replying to the other poster's claim that finasteride didn't work for him, providing one anecdote to counter his anecdote that he was attempting to use as a means to suggest finasteride doesn't work. Your reading comprehension sucks.

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From Follica 2017

NEEDLING DEVICE AND DRUG APPLICATOR Patent

About penetration depth

[000166] With regards to penetration depth control of the needles, a variety of different penetration depth adjustments may be available. In an embodiment, penetration depth may range from 0.5 millimeters in the retracted position to 2.5 millimeters; however, it should be appreciated that the penetration depth of the needles is available in a broader range. For example, the penetration depth may include a range from -0.5 millimeters where the needles are in a completely retracted position to a range of 5 millimeters or more. The penetration depth may include at least -0.5 millimeters, at least 0 millimeters, at least 0.5 millimeters, at least 1 millimeter, at least 1.5 millimeters, at least 2 millimeters, at least 2.5 millimeters, at least 3 millimeters, at least 3.5 millimeters, at least 4 millimeters, at least 4.5 millimeters, at most 0.5 millimeters, at most 1 millimeter, at most 1.5 millimeters, at most 2 millimeters, at most 2.5 millimeters, at most 3 millimeters, at most 3.5 millimeters, at most 4 millimeters, at most 4.5 millimeters, or at most 5 millimeters.
[000167] In one aspect, a needling device or needling adaptor described herein is suitable for disrupting skin to a penetration depth of between 30 [tm to 200 [tm (e.g., to a maximum depth of 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 120, 130, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 190 or 200 [tm), and preferably to approximately 100-150 [tm. In one aspect, a needling device or needling adaptor described herein is suitable for disrupting skin to a depth of 100 [am. In one aspect, a needling device or needling adaptor described herein is suitable for disrupting skin to a depth of 150 [tm.

about use it looks like its going to be on a clinic and not home use. Or that is at least how i "translate" it

[000217] For example, a needle array having a rectangular configuration may be provided on a first sheath adaptor that is used by a physician on a patient for hair growth applications. After use, the first adaptor may be replaced by a second sheath adaptor having a different needle array configuration, for example, a circular needle array configuration. The needling device may be used on different parts of one patient's skin without a need to clean the needling device because it is fully encapsulated within the adaptor sheath. Also, the needling device may be used on different patients. For example, a physician may use the first needling adaptor with the device on a first patient and then remove and replace the first adaptor with a second needling adaptor for use on a second patient. As described above in reference to the description of the needling devices, a number of different procedures may be conducted such as procedures for hair growth applications, wrinkle reduction, scar revision, hair removal, tattoo removal, and pigmentation.

Others users are also "allowed" but that is only during the massaging function of the device

[000219] In an example, methods of using applicator devices include providing an applicator comprising having a housing, a drug delivery cartridge carried by the housing, and a massage head which is mounted on the housing, powering on the applicator; and dispense a drug automatically by a dispensing mechanism that is linked to movement of the massage head or by any other dispensing mechanism. In an example, the applicator devices are programmed by a physician or any user to follow a preset cycle of massage-only or massage and dispense; for example, a 5-minute massage cycle is followed by a 1-minute massage and dispense cycle. The device may be programmed from a keypad on the device or wirelessly using an external device.

Drugs/Agents that can be used with the device

[000272] In one aspect, the agent is an agent that promotes hair growth. For example, hair growth-promoting agents for use, alone or in combination, in accordance with this aspect include but are not limited to: agents affecting prostaglandins, such as Prostaglandin F2a analogs, e.g. latanoprost (trade name Xalatan), travoprost (trade name Travatan), tafluprost, unoprostone, dinoprost (trade name Prostin F2 Alpha), AS604872, BOL303259X, PF3187207, carboprost (trade name Hemabate); Prostamides, e.g., bimatoprost (trade names Latisse, Lumigan); Prostanoid receptor agonists, e.g. fluprostenol; Prostaglandin D2 receptor antagonists, e.g. laropiprant, AM21 1; Prostglandin E2 analogs, e.g. sulprostone; and EP 2 receptor agonists, e.g. butaprost; 5a-reductase inhibitors, such as, e.g., finasteride, dutasteride, turosteride, bexlosteride, izonsteride, epristeride, epigallocatechin, Fluridil (Sovak et al, Dermatol Surg. 2002;28(8):678 685), RU 58841 (Pan et al. Endocrine. 1998;9(1):39-43), N,N-diethyl-4-methyl-3-oxo-4-aza-5 alpha-androstane-17 beta-carboxamide (Rittmaster et al., J Clin Endocrinol Metab.
1987;65(1):188-193), MK-386, azelaic acid, FCE 28260, SKF 105,111; Minoxidil; ATP sensitive potassium channel openers, e.g. diazoxide; and the hair growth-promoting agents described herein or otherwise known in the art, such as, e.g., kopexil (for example, the product KeraniqueTM), CaC12, botilinum toxin A, adenosine, ketoconazole, DoxoRx, Docetaxel, FK506, GP11046, GP11511, LGD 1331, ICX-TRC, MTS-01, NEOSH101, HYG-102440, HYG-410, HYG-420, HYG-430, HYG-440, spironolactone, CB-03-01, RK-023, Abatacept, Viviscal®, MorrF, ASC-J9, NP-619, AS1O, Metron-F-1, PSK 3841, Targretin (e.g., 1% gel), MedinGel, PF3187207, BOL303259X, AS604872, THG1 1331, PF-277343, PF-3004459, Raptiva, caffeine, and coffee. Other hair-growth promoting agents include arginine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, valine, gamma linoleic acid and polyphenol catechins, copper peptides. Other hair-growth promoting agents that can be formulated as a hair wash tonic could include but are not limited to, j oj oba oil, extract of apple, saw palmetto, emu oil, beta carotene and green tea. In another aspect, the applicators may also be used in combination with drugs for alopecia being developed by SWITCH Biotech LLC. In addition, other agents include compounds identified by the following company and company ID, Actelion ACT 129968 (setipiprant), Actimis AP768, Amira AM21 1, Amira AM461, Amgen AMG853, Array BiPharma ARRY-502, AstraZeneca AZD1981, AstraZeneca AZD8075, AstraZeneca AZD5985, Merck MK-7246, Novartis QAV680, Oxagen OC000459, Ocagen OC002417, Pulmagen ADC3680B, Shionogi S-555739, BBI-5000, SM04554, and KYTH105 (setipiprant). Further, additional agents include proteasome inhibitor such as lactacystin, a peptidyl aldehyde, or pentoxyfilline (PTX).

So pretty much it's just a glorified microneedling apparatus rebranded as being a hair loss product, which from the looks of things they are attempting to pair with every single drug that has ever (and already) been raised here at one point in time as a potential treatment.

Couldn't see anything on frequency which I think is the most interesting possible takeaway as I think the 1.5 mm+ depth once a week that is mooted on here is not the best practice long-term, at least for some.

Thanks!

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So pretty much it's just a glorified microneedling apparatus rebranded as being a hair loss product, which from the looks of things they are attempting to pair with every single drug that has ever (and already) been raised here at one point in time as a potential treatment.

Couldn't see anything on frequency which I think is the most interesting possible takeaway as I think the 1.5 mm+ depth once a week that is mooted on here is not the best practice long-term, at least for some.

Thanks!

I remember that they also have another patent about needling with a 45 degree angle, but i haven't found that in the 2017 patent or i have overlooked it.

But what i find a bit disturbing is that they mention minoxidil that have warnings about using that in wounds, but of course they have to cover all the agents/drugs they can with their device

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They're probably blasting patent office with every chemical under the sun to hide what it is as long as possible. It doesn't prove they are using them all in the treatment.

If Tsuji announced they were offering an early version of their treatment, with Follica's level of regrowth, we would thrilled about it. Follica's popularity suffers because they aren't doing something hi-tech enough.