Folexen: New Hair Loss Treatment based on S-Equol

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Equol has been mentioned by serious medical and physiological researchers to have potential in treating androgen mediated conditions and is being tested by research institutions in Australia for the prostate as we speak. It's mechanism of action to bind DHT is as far as anyone knows completely unique and novel. No other compound is know to do this.

By my count shed is marginally reduced. By about 20%. More counts would be needed to see if its sustained and longer use will be needed to see if it could reduce further. Of course, I can not promise to continue to hedge my bets on using one treatment alone, and I will surely add-on to this regimen. In the spirit of being objective, I have to add that I can't count every hair that falls. I tried. And it's too exasperating. Makes you feel too neurotic. I can only count the ones that accumulate in the brush and the shower drain. But from those two places hair accumulation has diminished somewhat.

This is why clinical studies are more valuable than personal experiements (TN is free to disagree with this assertion, but not everyone is as stoic as he is). Few balding individuals, including myself, are willing to risk losing more hair by just using one treatment which does not have proven or established track record. Hopefully someone will test this in a clinical setting vs androgenetic alopecia. Before I start with my other treatments, I will likely raise the dose on this further to see if I can nudge my shedding further with equol alone, but then I will add other treatment.

I encourage others to do hair counts if their hair is long enough and it is possible to see the hairs that fall. Without specialized equipment it seems to be one of the few objective measures available to you. Photos its hard to reproduce lighting and angles, but those you should do as well.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am now increasing my dosage to 15mg a day after receiving the 12 bottles.

I think the equol may have raised my anxiety slightly every time I increase the dosage, it only seems to raise for a short period of time. I took 5mg this morning and 5mg a couple of hours ago and I felt my anxiety increase slightly.

I think it will all settle in a few days. I have increased my anti-depressant by 50% over a week ago but didn't notice any sides, if anything it has improved my mood.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I think the equol may have raised my anxiety slightly every time I increase the dosage, it only seems to raise for a short period of time. I took 5mg this morning and 5mg a couple of hours ago and I felt my anxiety increase slightly.

seriamente?? This stuff is just not that potent to be causing this...this has to be all in your head....

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, Equol has been mentioned by serious medical and physiological researchers to have potential in treating androgen mediated conditions and is being tested by research institutions in Australia for the prostate as we speak. It's mechanism of action to bind DHT is as far as anyone knows completely unique and novel. No other compound is know to do this.
Also in the States are investigating the equol
http://www.biolreprod.org/content/70/4/1188.abstract

BIOLOGY OF REPRODUCTION 70, 1188–1195 (2004)
Published online before print 17 December 2003.
DOI 10.1095/biolreprod.103.023713
Equol Is a Novel Anti-Androgen that Inhibits Prostate Growth
and Hormone Feedback1

The_Mentalist

Established Member
Reaction score
This is probably another scam, or spam at best, that I am discovering in my short span using hairloss forums. I have already uncovered one on immortal, and quite a few (usernames) working in cahoots on hairloss help, and now this.

You should be able to get Equol supplements commonly.

I am more intrigued by how intricate and sophisticated their approaches are. They build trust, write innocently in forums, and their packs working in cahoots, post innocently as a ploy to garner even more confidence so that you could go and buy.

One in that pack in cahoots that interests me is 2020. You will notice that sometimes he took over the salesmanship from the actual OP salesman.

Folks!
Wake up! and start reading behind the text, just as you do body language in person

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
This is probably another scam, or spam at best, that I am discovering in my short span using hairloss forums. I have already uncovered one on immortal, and quite a few (usernames) working in cahoots on hairloss help, and now this.

I am more intrigued by how intricate and sophisticated their approaches are. They build trust, write innocently in forums, and their packs working in cahoots, post innocently as a ploy to garner even more confidence so that you could go and buy.

One in that pack in cahoots that interests me is 2020. You will notice that sometimes he took over the salesmanship from the actual OP salesman.

Folks!
Wake up! and start reading behind the text, just as you do body language in person

On what facts do you base your opinion? It is scientifically proven that Equol does what it does. If Folexen contains Equol then where is the scam? Did you even read the papers? It is good to be careful, but this is being paranoid. Be f*cking glad that someone tries out these things and tells us if they work or not. I'm not advocating the use of it, but I sure as hell don't want to take finasteride for the rest of my life.

Then what's your advice? Wake up and do what?

pinotq

Reaction score
Armando Jose, Good research. The link to the article I posted above is related to the research conducted in your link.....one of the main researchers/PHD's is Kenneth Setchell. I believe he is involved with a company called AusioPharma that has conducted clinical trials. http://www.ausiopharma.com/TechPages/Mechanism.html I have not seen anything new regarding their research for about a year. It may be that Pharmavite is so close to release of their S-Equol product that Ausio has lost momentum. There is little doubt that S-Equol is a legitimate candidate for use in neutralizing DHT and the possible prevention of further hair loss. There are signs it may have other beneficial health effects such the mitigation of metabolic syndrome. A big open question would appear to be dosage and frequency. Personally, it is a little hard for me to believe a mom & pop operation like Folexen could actually produce S-Equol, at least at a consistent level of quality and consistency.

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Folks!

are you insane? equol has been PROVEN TO BLOCK DHT and since it does that without inhibiting 5AR that means no side effects. Just because there are no baldness studies done on it doesn't mean it's not legit. What do you think is going to happen to your hair when you block DHT?

The reason I'm not on it is because it's too expensive for me at the moment plus I probably would want to take much much more than 10mg/day

Jacob

Reaction score
This is probably another scam, or spam at best, that I am discovering in my short span using hairloss forums. I have already uncovered one on immortal,

Only one? I guess you weren't at Regrowth :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

If Folexen contains Equol then where is the scam?

I think that is what he may be referring to. The ingreds aren't listed..etc. But then he also said "or spam"...

It's just too bad it's not from a company that's been around and has other products..etc. But time will tell..obviously there are quite a few ppl using the stuff.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Folks!

Did you bother actually reading any of the published science on equol? Maybe folexen itself is a scam, but equol is not a scam.

- - - Updated - - -

do they even answer on email? dunno, waitin for the answer two weeks already(

The sales rep in this thread had promised to show an independent lab analysis of the product. When he was banned I asked for the same via email. No response and its more than a month following.

Zapp Brannigan

Reaction score
our two small labs are in a technology park in Sydney. An address isn't shown on the website because it'd be inconvenient to have people visiting without an appointment.

However, if anyone is in the area and would like a short tour then we could arrange a time to show you around.

Zeroes, I know Australia is a big place (understatement), but are you anywhere near Sydney? Do you know anybody in Australia that might be close enough to check it out?

So far I've had no side effects after 3 weeks. I take 1.5g morning and night, 0.75g at lunch.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Only one? I guess you weren't at Regrowth :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

I think that is what he may be referring to. The ingreds aren't listed..etc. But then he also said "or spam"...

It's just too bad it's not from a company that's been around and has other products..etc. But time will tell..obviously there are quite a few ppl using the stuff.

Are you able to find a cheaper source?

- - - Updated - - -

Zeroes, I know Australia is a big place (understatement), but are you anywhere near Sydney? Do you know anybody in Australia that might be close enough to check it out?

So far I've had no side effects after 3 weeks. I take 1.5g morning and night, 0.75g at lunch.

I'm no where near SydneyI'm 1400km away.

I know one person that studies in Sydney when required, he doesn't tell me when he is in Sydney and has a full head of hair. To tell you the truth I don't even know which state he is in at the moment.

I think we need people to keep emailing Folexen it can't be good for Buisness to keep ignoring emails.

Jacob

Reaction score
The sales rep in this thread had promised to show an independent lab analysis of the product. When he was banned I asked for the same via email. No response and its more than a month following.

Did he ever say where he obtains it from? A COA would be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you able to find a cheaper source?

Others have..but it's those "bulk" purchases that may or may not be good to actually ingest. Best thing to do is contact companies such as Swansonvitamins.com to add it to their catalog- they do have a request form. Some time ago I requested or suggested they have their multi-chelated mineral made w/out iron. They recently came out with that. Did it have anything to do with me? Who knows.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Nature Made® will have their S-equol out in a spell. Hopefully, sooner than later.

I sure hate to read about supplements arriving in strange containers, without a list of ingredients. I mean, in this day and age, what kind of company does that...other than this one. Anyway, thanks for all the feedback guys.

Jacob

Reaction score
It sounds like later..from the answer I got from them last. They've had that info on their website for quite some time.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Folexen never responded to the email at all Jacob, and I have done a lot for their business by talking equol up as a treatment which I believe has strong merit, and by mentioning their product. Abysmal practices for a company trying to make a name for themselves. I guess the desperation of balding men is enough to ensure their success. Given their site says it takes 10 days to process the order upon receiving it, that means they are swamped with orders.

However, he prior said that they manufacture the equol at a plant that they have set up.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is worrying that they aren't responding to emails.

I guess the one potiental good thing is if we are experiencing some sides like finasteride, chances are it's real equal imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Given their site says it takes 10 days to process the order upon receiving it, that means they are swamped with orders.

It took them a week including weekends to fill my 12 bottle order. I don't think they are that swamped.

Mr Blonde

Reaction score
I was considering taking Folexen (S-equol) to stop my thinnning. I am on Toco8 at the moment, not a month in yet and am seeing no changes. Should I drop Toco8 if I take up Folexen? I know Toco8 rasies test levels and someone on this thread mentioned dropping it if you were taking this. Can someone explain why? I have read the thread but see any conclusive reasoning. Could both together be counter productive or are both together benefical? Or is it a case that nobody knows?
[h=1][/h]