Folexen: New Hair Loss Treatment based on S-Equol

Gee

Reaction score
... our focus should be on whether or not Folexen does/did, in fact, contain 2.5 mg of equol.

There is no conclusive way to know this short of a lab test which is probably why this thread has gone around in circles for 55 pages.

Here are my photos as promised at the end of month 1 of Folexen and baseline.

Baseline
B-Line 1lr.jpgB-Line-2lr.jpg

Month 1
Month-1-1.jpgMonth-1-2.jpg

Also used:
* Minoxidil
* Nizoral
* N.B. - hair slightly longer in Month 1 images

Subjective thoughts:
* No regrowth
* No sides
* No noticeable shed
* Was maintaining anyway on minoxidil/nizoral
* Hairs perhaps very slightly thicker? Impossible to be sure.

Will continue to take as directed for next 5 months before making decision on Equo-Slim etc.

Attachments

• B-Line 1.jpg
    B-Line 1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 727
  • B-Line 2.jpg
    B-Line 2.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 631

Ginkosama

Reaction score
Here is the fundamental reason you are wrong:

Treatments are classified as snake oils when they have absolutely no scientific evidence to support the claim the product makes. S-equol (equol) actually has an extensive and sound body of scientific work supporting it. So the only way people were getting dooped, is if this manufacturer was actually not using any equal in the formula, or it was very impure. And buying some ludicrous product (I.e. anchovy paste) and using it because 4 people used it in the 80's and it worked VS buying a treatment supported by rigorous testing and hoping you actually get that ingredient are two very different things.

Ok don't use the word snake oil if you don't want to.
Point is I can come up, say I am selling PsiCHIC, a new product using PSI, throwing all the studies regarding PSI at you.
And I end up selling 200mg of smelly flour for 180$. And when people are getting suspicious I just bail.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok don't use the word snake oil if you don't want to.
Point is I can come up, say I am selling PsiCHIC, a new product using PSI, throwing all the studies regarding PSI at you.
And I end up selling 200mg of smelly flour for 180$. And when people are getting suspicious I just bail.

How much did they really make out of all of this? They advertised on one forum, hardly a great snake oil and hardly seems worth it.

They may have scammed us and maybe they will scam some other mob next who knows. However it seems like a lot of work to scam people for a few months and make a few thousand.

I hardly think anything on this forum did anything to 'expose' them so if they shut up shop they probably did it legitimately.

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
Jeez, startups fail all the time. Cash flow problems are also common. If they anticipated x business, and only got y, while their overheads remained high, they'd go out of business, its a plain fact..

Anyways, I don't particularly find any of their behaviour to be very scammy...putting up an excel with very moderate results, being open about their limited clinical trials, is pretty transparent.

You want snake oil scammy? Look at Divine Skin Care and their Spectral F7. Now gentlemen, THAT is a scam. Very glowing literature, zero data about actual trials - only claims of awesome results etc etc. And packaging, packaging to be impressed with.

In short having known several friends who went into the startup/bootstrap camp - IMO, Folexen (sadly) failed the Vitamin M test - the most vital ingredient for any firm. Having a regular assured funding for a fair bit of time. A few of us ordering a half dozen bottles is not exactly success.

On the other hand, look at the umpteen hair loss treatment firms selling "magic results" based on dodgy claims..and no science.

Ginkosama

Reaction score
Well at some point they said they had to many orders that it would take some time to honor them.
Plus on this forum more and more people had suspicions about the location, talking about someone there to check etc ...

So either this an enormous fail , like they would put up a clean website, run into the business without calculating anything, not even the strict minimum like "if we sell everything, will it cover our costs?, or it's just a scam.

I mean look at clientsfromhell, I doesn't surprise me that so many start ups go bankrupt. But those guys were a lil' too professionnal to be real amateurs.

Anyway we will never know.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So the best way to scam people is to not advertise and post on ONE hairloss forum!? I never saw this guy post on TBT, HLH or Immortal.

Jacob

Reaction score
They may have only posted here...but it spread to quite a few other forums. Think of the # of ppl that just read these forums, and don't post.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
They may have only posted here...but it spread to quite a few other forums. Think of the # of ppl that just read these forums, and don't post.

Exactly. I fail to see why some of you will not even entertain the notion that this company may not have practiced business as advertised: namely, there is a possibility that 2.5 mg. of equol is not contained in each Folexen capsule.

They were "swamped" with orders, but now have to shut down "due to the present economic blah blah." That is a bunch of baloney, and we know it.

Gee

Reaction score

I work in advertising - trust me... if you could make a viable business by posting in a single forum everyone would do it.

That's possibly the first time I've ever typed "I work in advertising - trust me"!

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. I fail to see why some of you will not even entertain the notion that this company may not have practiced business as advertised: namely, there is a possibility that 2.5 mg. of equol is not contained in each Folexen capsule.

They were "swamped" with orders, but now have to shut down "due to the present economic blah blah." That is a bunch of baloney, and we know it.

They never said they were swamped with orders - just that the orders would take 10 days to fulfil. I don't think they ever mentioned order volumes at all. There really is no way to know whether this is "baloney" or not short of a lab test. Which isn't going to happen on the basis of cost.

There's simply not enough evidence either way to conclusively state whether folexen is a scam.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
The term "swamped" was used by them in an email, if I recall correctly, to explain why their orders were taking so long to fill. In one case that I read, it took over three weeks.

Their explanation for closing up shop is what I found to be baloney.

Gee

Reaction score
As far as I can see they just said "it'll take 10 days" and a poster -Nex - thought that might be because they're swamped.

Personally I think there are as many legitimate reasons for going out of business as there are "scammy" ones. Either way it doesn't really matter now.

ABJac

Reaction score
I think everyone calling this a scam is just a little bitter that they may not be able to continue using the equol. I have been emailing back and forth with
"Andrew"from customer service, and his answers/emails/information seems exceedingly genuine and honest for someone who was just part of a scam. If this was a scam, why waste time keeping an Info email address for previous customers to contact them through? If this was such a scam why wouldn't they have just disappeared? He's given me a few other viable supplement options containing equol, along with information on the processes other companies use to achieve the equol and the purity. Maybe it is a scam, but I don't see it.

Jacob

Reaction score
1. As you say...ppl will be able to continue using equol- EquoSlim etc.
2. Many of us did not get responses from him via email.

I think they got shut down btw.

Gee

Reaction score
2. Many of us did not get responses from him via email.

Did you email him too, Jacob? It's possible they got shut down for a technical legal infraction such as not putting ingredients on the first batch of product (I'm no legal expert - much less in Oz law - but that sounds like it might potentially be illegal to me) - no way to ever really know now though.

ABJac - if "Andrew" gave any additional recommendations beyond Equol-Slim I'd be very interested in knowing them too.

Jacob

Reaction score
Yes, I did email him. Got responses at first..then I guess the questions got too tough or :dunno:
If it's some technical legal infraction like that..then he'll probably be back.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Folexen shut itself down...it wasn't a scam, per se, but it wasn't exactly what was advertised...

...bottom line is that it appears it will take over 50 mg/day, at least, to get something going with enough DHT binding...that is just a guess....30mg/day did nothing for me after 4 months on it...

There isn't any hard data on equol and the amount dht diminishment that is measured from blood samples....until someone does blood tests measuring DHT levels before and after -- and with a large enough sample size --- I wouldn't waste money on this because it is expensive!!

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
its very cheap when you buy in a group buy from a chemical supplier. gather a contingent and another buy could be arranged.