Folexen: New Hair Loss Treatment based on S-Equol

Mr Blonde

Reaction score
Q2 next year? Any confirmation? Thats just too late. :(

The Natural posted this a few pages back

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by The Natural
Nature Made® will have their S-equol out in a spell. Hopefully, sooner than later.

Someone else whom I can't now remember emailed them and they said Q2 next year.

That's as official as I can make it :(

rjmogka

Reaction score
This is exhausting.
Alright then I guess the fellowship will continue in her journey to the ring without Folexen.

ABJac

Reaction score
Totally agree, I also take medication for a anxiety, so anything that seems like a stretch, I avoid.

But just incase anyone here is dead set on sticking to a Equol regimen, I found this

http://www.lclabs.com/PRODFILE/D-F/E-5880.php4 (may be sketchy and coming from over seas, it could be poor quality, but its something)

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Whats wrong with chromium? I've read mixed information.

4 caps of EquolSlim would be the max I would be comfortable with....that puts it at about 700-800mg/day...once you get into 1-3 grams/day I would be concerned...

Ginkosama

Reaction score
Jesus, guys drop that ****.

If they DID have an efficient solution they would have made a better business plan, especially since their product did launch quite successfully, probably even better than what they thought.

They just cashed out. They sold a well marketed snake oil, made a few thousands bucks and bailed.
They prolly start a new company using the same product but without the errors and suspicions associated with folexen.

This could have been worse, what's gonna happen when someone ends up swallowing something really toxic ?

Things are moving even if it doesn't seem like it. Lots of treatments that used to be underground are going mainstream. Sources are being tested by independant labs. Just be patient, and stop giving money to those assholes.

I know this has been goinng on since the dawn of time but thinking that some dude actually thought "hey, those guys are vulnerable, I could make a ****load playing on that" makes me lose faith in humanity a lil' more each time.

Ginkosama

Reaction score
To appear a little more genuine maybe ?
Nah maybe the restart another company is pushing too far, doesn't mean the rest of the mess is wrong.

ABJac

Reaction score
Jesus, guys drop that ****.

If they DID have an efficient solution they would have made a better business plan, especially since their product did launch quite successfully, probably even better than what they thought.

They just cashed out. They sold a well marketed snake oil, made a few thousands bucks and bailed.
They prolly start a new company using the same product but without the errors and suspicions associated with folexen.

This could have been worse, what's gonna happen when someone ends up swallowing something really toxic ?

Things are moving even if it doesn't seem like it. Lots of treatments that used to be underground are going mainstream. Sources are being tested by independant labs. Just be patient, and stop giving money to those assholes.

I know this has been goinng on since the dawn of time but thinking that some dude actually thought "hey, those guys are vulnerable, I could make a ****load playing on that" makes me lose faith in humanity a lil' more each time.

Here is the fundamental reason you are wrong:

Treatments are classified as snake oils when they have absolutely no scientific evidence to support the claim the product makes. S-equol (equol) actually has an extensive and sound body of scientific work supporting it. So the only way people were getting dooped, is if this manufacturer was actually not using any equal in the formula, or it was very impure. And buying some ludicrous product (I.e. anchovy paste) and using it because 4 people used it in the 80's and it worked VS buying a treatment supported by rigorous testing and hoping you actually get that ingredient are two very different things.

Jacob

Reaction score
Treatments are classified as snake oils when they have absolutely no scientific evidence to support the claim the product makes.

Reminds me of some other product..hmmmm..what was the name again... :devil:

- - - Updated - - -

Notice

Due to challenging economic conditions, Eclipse Nutraceuticals has ceased trading as of 2012.09.24.

Customer support is still available by e-mailing info@folexen.com.

We would like to wish everyone the best in their treatment; we suggest EquolSlim as a viable alternative to Folexen, for those who have found S-equol to be efficacious.

They're getting tons of free advertising..yet they have to shut down? I think it has to do with something else...

And EquolSlim? ;)

BTW..I posted about the Chromium issue....don't know if it was in this thread. I don't think it's that big of a deal..especially if you're not worried about taking something like equol.

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm weird... Gives me even less faith in this product. I am glad I didnt give them too much of my money, but I have noticed a decrease in my scalp itch.. Which makes me thing there was actually S equol in those pills. I guess we will never know. I really hope a reliable S equol supplier comes out soon, because I believe it could really help us..

Luxurious

Reaction score
Nature Made is planning on releasing their equol supplement send quarter next year from what they told me when I emailed them a few weeks back.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
A couple of points: First, I agree with Jacob about the GTF chromium, and don't understand why people are worried about taking it. This mineral "helps regulate blood sugar by working with insulin to help transport glucose into cells." Completely safe.

Second, as ABJac and others have stated/suggested, our focus should be on whether or not Folexen does/did, in fact, contain 2.5 mg of equol.