Folexen: New Hair Loss Treatment based on S-Equol

Sparky4444

Reaction score
2 weeks just isnt enough time...a person will need at least 4 months to know if it's working...

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
And for consistency, a person should decide how much Equol that he will take, and then stick to this exact amount for a designated period of time.

Don't quite understand what all the rush is about, LOT: You are taking twice as much as what is recommended by Folexen, without knowing if 10 mg. could effective for you.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
at best 10 mg would maintain and provide very mild regrowth which isnt cosmetically noticable, which is to my mind not effective. the problem with maintanance alone is that my hair loss progression is slow enough that it would hard to distinguish maintaince from the slow progression. in 5 motnhs the appearance of my hair dose not noticably change. in others this might be a different situations. this is why i am counting hairs themselves. if this doesnt reduce the number of hairs i shed, i have to conclude it isnt working.

the rush is that i have the opportunity to buya lot of equol VERY CHEAPLY. this is not a permanent window of opportunity. even at twice the dose at folexen price, this is still a quite expensive therapy.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
at best 10 mg would maintain and provide very mild regrowth which isnt cosmetically noticable, which is to my mind not effective. the problem with maintanance alone is that my hair loss progression is slow enough that it would hard to distinguish maintaince from the slow progression. in 5 motnhs the appearance of my hair dose not noticably change. in others this might be a different situations. this is why i am counting hairs themselves. if this doesnt reduce the number of hairs i shed, i have to conclude it isnt working.

the rush is that i have the opportunity to buya lot of equol VERY CHEAPLY. this is not a permanent window of opportunity. even at twice the dose at folexen price, this is still a quite expensive therapy.

Where are you buying it cheap???

..The thing is that if it maintains and gives mild regrowth, that is as much as you can hope for when attacking DHT..for regrowth, the follicles need to be healed -- that's where topical or hair transplant or whatever is needed to allow the follicles to assume their normal health for growth..

..think of it this way --- if you have soil that is has it nutrients depleted, the plants will not only need the nutrients restored, but then you need to add the rain and sun to bring the flora back to it's brilliance...Equol will only be part of the equation -- and after poisoning myself with finasteride for 6 years, I have no problem taking Equol at does approaching 50mg if need be...no problem there

lobsterlobster

Established Member
Reaction score
And for consistency, a person should decide how much Equol that he will take, and then stick to this exact amount for a designated period of time.

Don't quite understand what all the rush is about, LOT: You are taking twice as much as what is recommended by Folexen, without knowing if 10 mg. could effective for you.

What is the importance of consistency of dosage?

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So, one of the chemical testing companies got back to me. he said it would be $20,000 to test for active ingredient and to see what the impurities are. guess we just have to trust that it is what they say it is lol

lobsterlobster

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess this is a good time for an update from me. Been almost a month I think since I started treatment. First of all, in terms of the results we are seeking, I'm fairly convinced that Folexen does something. For the most part, I've been taking 5 mg a day, as this seems to be the amount I can tolerate (will explain later). I have this terrible itch wherever my hair is thinning, and whenever I take a capsule, the itch goes away. It does, however, come back with a vengeance after maybe 6-8 hours. Lately, though, the itch seems to strike at me less often and less severely, maybe. I've been keeping an eye out on shedding as well. About a week ago, I was very discouraged, as I started to shed like twice the amount I usually do--like 50 hairs in the morning shower instead of 25ish. The last few days, however, the shedding still happens, definitely, but perhaps less than when I started (maybe like 20 hairs).

Okay, so now to explain why I settled with 5 mg (2 capsules at night). As an individual I think I am very prone to side effects with hair loss treatments, and I've realized recently that my own anxiety has a lot to do with it. I was on Finasteride briefly before Folexen (there was a break of 1.5 months or so in between). And finasteride killed my sexual experience. Complete disconnection downstairs. Cognitively, too, I felt like a different person. I felt more feminine in mindset and had heavy brain fog. I admit that when I started Folexen, I was about 90% recovered from the finasteride, and I was left paranoid/depressed/etc. I believe the Folexen took me a step back from my recovery. I know it was physiological, but I believe it was physiological because it was heavily psychological. I experienced a diminished libido and sensation/pleasure almost immediately after starting treatment. My morning wood went away (although I still had trouble with it before Folexen). And the brain fog came back. I bought ginseng to hold onto my libido, and I think this helped some. But I pretty much decided that I cannot take a pill that influences my hormones during the day, because I become trapped under thoughts of how it will affect me. And this obviously affects me physically and cognitively.

I should point out that any side effects I experienced with S equol were nothing compared to what I experienced on finasteride. It was much easier to deal with. After I really, really worked on my mindset with this treatment, the side effects started to alleviate. And who knows, maybe the side effects were physically real, and maybe my body had to adjust to the drug. But the important part is that they are pretty much gone now. When I feel completely comfortable with the 5 mg a day dose, I plan to up it further.

Guys, if you could not handle finasteride like me, I think it would be smart to give this a try. For me, it's either this or nothing. So I'm pretty glad I'm taking this treatment. I'll update you guys again when I feel it's appropriate. Good luck everyone

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed update. Maybe try 1 cap in the morning and 1 at night.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Yeah...for me it's this or nothing....But 5mg won't do it, I don't think...10mg minimum and I am thinking more like 15-20mg/day...for diffuse thinners like me, unless I don't clamp down on DHT, topicals and other alternatives work for a while but they always lose their effectiveness...and being a diffuse thinner, topicals are a pain unless they are once/day applications that I can do at night..

..when my capsules come in, I am loading up 20-30mg/day for about a week or so...then I'll back it down to 10-15mg/day....I won't even flinch at any sides from Equol after what finasteride does to a guy

- - - Updated - - -

. But I pretty much decided that I cannot take a pill that influences my hormones during the day, because I become trapped under thoughts of how it will affect me. And this obviously affects me physically and cognitively.

I should point out that any side effects I experienced with S equol were nothing compared to what I experienced on finasteride. It was much easier to deal with. After I really, really worked on my mindset with this treatment, the side effects started to alleviate. And who knows, maybe the side effects were physically real, and maybe my body had to adjust to the drug. But the important part is that they are pretty much gone now. When I feel completely comfortable with the 5 mg a day dose, I plan to up it further.

Guys, if you could not handle finasteride like me, I think it would be smart to give this a try. For me, it's either this or nothing. So I'm pretty glad I'm taking this treatment. I'll update you guys again when I feel it's appropriate. Good luck everyone

...Keep up the good fight...I think a lot of this is in your head and I get that...I think some of my sides from finasteride started off that way....but when I had a hot chick bending over wanting me to give it to her up the wazoo, I couldn't even raise a smile -- and I was 35..I'm 42 now and just thinking about it now gives me wood...

finasteride is dangerous crap...

A

AfroSamurai

This sounds very promising guys. If 5 mg can do that, imagine what 20-30 mg could do! This is great news. I'm waiting to hear from more users!

The reason I haven't tried it yet is because I want to hear if there are any sides, but it sounds like the sides are not that bad.

Strider

Reaction score
Well, I guess this is a good time for an update from me. Been almost a month I think since I started treatment. First of all, in terms of the results we are seeking, I'm fairly convinced that Folexen does something. For the most part, I've been taking 5 mg a day, as this seems to be the amount I can tolerate (will explain later). I have this terrible itch wherever my hair is thinning, and whenever I take a capsule, the itch goes away. It does, however, come back with a vengeance after maybe 6-8 hours. Lately, though, the itch seems to strike at me less often and less severely, maybe. I've been keeping an eye out on shedding as well. About a week ago, I was very discouraged, as I started to shed like twice the amount I usually do--like 50 hairs in the morning shower instead of 25ish. The last few days, however, the shedding still happens, definitely, but perhaps less than when I started (maybe like 20 hairs).

Okay, so now to explain why I settled with 5 mg (2 capsules at night). As an individual I think I am very prone to side effects with hair loss treatments, and I've realized recently that my own anxiety has a lot to do with it. I was on Finasteride briefly before Folexen (there was a break of 1.5 months or so in between). And finasteride killed my sexual experience. Complete disconnection downstairs. Cognitively, too, I felt like a different person. I felt more feminine in mindset and had heavy brain fog. I admit that when I started Folexen, I was about 90% recovered from the finasteride, and I was left paranoid/depressed/etc. I believe the Folexen took me a step back from my recovery. I know it was physiological, but I believe it was physiological because it was heavily psychological. I experienced a diminished libido and sensation/pleasure almost immediately after starting treatment. My morning wood went away (although I still had trouble with it before Folexen). And the brain fog came back. I bought ginseng to hold onto my libido, and I think this helped some. But I pretty much decided that I cannot take a pill that influences my hormones during the day, because I become trapped under thoughts of how it will affect me. And this obviously affects me physically and cognitively.

Did the itch also disappear with the use of finasteride?

lobsterlobster

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, the itch went away with finasteride as well. As annoying as the itch is, it's a good indicator whether a medication is working. And I am a diffuse thinner, too. But in a way, diffuse thinning is ideal for hair loss treatments. Thickening up your hair is a lot easier than regrowing hair where there is none (on the temples). At least that's how I understand it. I plan on upping the dosage when I feel more comfortable. I'm thinking about applying minoxidil once a day at night on my crown as well. Last time I got pretty bad facial side effects, but that was when I lathered it on my entire head twice a day. Do you think I can avoid side effects by lowering the dosage, or with these side effects, is it a "if you're prone to them you will get them eventually" kind of thing?

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I understand your ambition, however maintenance side effect free is AMAZING! We have to be realistic here.

I had to stop reading right here, this man is right.

I haven't maintained anything.

And I'm WITH sides.
Therefore both areas have failed for me thus far.

And those sides are compromising my health because of a prior condition.

And I take like 5-6 different things! Not to mention the money this costs. The time. The ...

well you get my drift.

Hoping this works and if so it's not to expensive because that would be terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Let us be youthful, Grandpa lol. I just popped my first Folexen (and yes, working yourself up to the recommended dosage couldn't hurt). Now, I for one want to take a break from this useful but depression-prone website. I will report back in a few months.

Freakin hilarious dude HILARIOUS!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

So sure enough I ended up getting my 2 bottles in the mail today. I'm thinking going with 3 pills morning and 3 pills night. Besides hair I'm actually curious if this would help with my very oily skin and acne? I'll keep you guys posted as I'm not taking anything else.

It's been 2 wks, any changes in shedding? Any stubble?

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've ordered one bottle to see if my body can take it.

My plan is to take 1 cap in the morning for the first 1-7 days and then up it to 1 x morning, 1 x night and eventually buy 6 months worth and take 15mg a day.

Edit: no point buying a years worth i won't make any decent savings.

Last edited:

lobsterlobster

Established Member
Reaction score
So yeah, my shed continues to slow down. Granted it still happens. But I feel as though it's a little less every day in the morning shower. Also, my itch has pretty much vanished. Sometimes it kinda pokes at me, but that's whatever. For the most part, I think I'm avoiding the side effects by taking the 2 capsules at night. Morning erections are rare, but the benefits far outweigh the harm at this point. Also, my hair seems thicker than it did before treatment. This is probably because I just received a brilliant hair cut by a man with the same thinning pattern as me, only 30 years fast forward. But who knows? Most of my thinning occurred in the last 6 months. So my head is fresh territory. Easy go, easy come? Also also, if you're a diffuse thinner like me, I highly recommend this product: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0JZ2W2DJ7YKK9TG3EKKM).

- - - Updated - - -

Although I am dealing with some abnormal fatigue lately. Anyone else experiencing this?

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lobster what else are you on?

Are the sides like finasteride or a more minor version? This is really disappointing to read.

Law any update? Anyone else with updates regarding sides?

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Nothing is worth jeopardizing your health over. Granted my regimen also includes supplements known for lowering DHT somewhat (aged garlic extract, curcumin). But my energy and libido levels are high: "Morning wood" is a given.

This may have to do with my nitric oxide levels, that have increased by supplementing with aged garlic extract and vitamin C. Google nitric oxide and libido.