Flutagel

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm not altogether happy with how the Flutagel is working out.

After two months there is a little regrowth going on in the area I am mainly applying the gel, the crown. But the balding area seems to have extended during that time and thinning has moved across an extra inch of vertex. I'm hoping I've experienced a shed of weaker hairs and it will fill in if I continue using the stuff.

Ho hum, I really don't want to go bck on Rogaine.

kamui

Established Member
Reaction score
tchehov said:
I'm not altogether happy with how the Flutagel is working out.

After two months there is a little regrowth going on in the area I am mainly applying the gel, the crown. But the balding area seems to have extended during that time and thinning has moved across an extra inch of vertex. I'm hoping I've experienced a shed of weaker hairs and it will fill in if I continue using the stuff.

Ho hum, I really don't want to go bck on Rogaine.

tchehov,

are you still using the nizoral and caffeine shampoo?? I read that both can interfere with flutagel!

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, I dropped everything and am using just Flut - probably a bit foolish in retrospect. I bought a bottle of nizoral last week and am thinking of using it once a week as I think it's a really useful part of any long-term regimen. I've read it may or may not interfere with the Flut but I think I'll take the chance.

I was half-prepared for a shed seeing I dropped Rogaine, but it's a shock when it comes.

el_duterino

Reaction score
Hey Newbaldy84, same here, just started the new plastic bottle today and this paste is so hard to get onto the scalp if you have long hair. That gel in the bottle was so nice, I don't understand why they changed it.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
you'r right. The one in the bottle was SO MUCH better. This one is too thick makes it harder to apply and leaves white flakes afterwards and I had no such prolems with the old one. I don't know why would they change it if the old one was working just fine. I emailed them yesterday and aked them if they could go back to the old version or at least sell it to those that want the old version. I am still waiting for the answer. I'll post when they answer my email

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
Just received my flutagel today...shipping to the states only took a week. However I now feel like a chaunce for spending 70 dollars on something that probably isnt even going to work.

kamui

Established Member
Reaction score
CRAPP! I gots the long hair too so maybe I will have a hard time applying it :((( damnit wtf

kamui

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm or maybe they want us to have a hard time applying it so we will use more of it thus we buy more :firing: :freak:

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
no freaking way. Either they start making the old version or they will loose a lot of customers myself included. I find it imposible now to apply this stuff to my scalp and even beard cuz after it dries it leaves so much residue that it looks ridiculous.it's now monday evening and they still havent reply to my email. I hope they r not ignoring me or something. I think you guys should also email them about the old version being way better.

moter

Reaction score
Fred from Sinere mentioned on another forum that they raised the viscosity to make it safer.

He also said it could now be used twice a day as in the Sintov experiment.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
It was safe before. Lots of people have used the old version and no side effects were reported. Maybe it is safer now because it is so thick but in no way easier to apply. Last night I skipped a day because of that.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
I got the mail from them

"Thank you for your comment. We are receiving numerous positive reports.
We
suggest to customers to take before/after pictures. You may do that as
well. Take a before picture now while the progress is still little.
I personally observed that Flutagel leads to increased sebum /more
oiliness on my temples, which confused me. I guess the skin in that
treated area tries to compensate the decreased AR-signal with an
increase
in 5-AR activity which leads to more oiliness. Therefore I guess it is
a
good idea to combine the flutamide application with an topical 5-AR
inhibitor. I guess I will add Finasgel. But my problem is the mess from
the cellulose, I have not the time to wash my hair every day. Another
reason for my observation may be that I use Flutagel not every day,
which
may lead to a AR-density increase which leads to the increased oiliness
as
soon as I miss some Flutagel application. However, it seems to do
"something".
The increase in viscosity was in order to choose the most safe version
possible. We are currently thinking about reducing the viscosity again
and
compensate for the expected penetration increase with an reduction of
the
oleate-penetration enhancer. But that would be a bit of a rule of thumb
to
be honest. Most likely we will wait how the high-viskosity gel will
work
and if people don`t have success with it, it is likely to viscous and
we
will change that."

C mon guys email them!. maybe if they get more mails they'll change that!
The old version was perfect!! This one is a total mess!!

If they won't change that i will go back to Fluridil. I am not going to explain to my GF why I have snow in my hair and on my beard when I wake up in the morning.

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
Therefore I guess it is
a
good idea to combine the flutamide application with an topical 5-AR
inhibitor. I guess I will add Finasgel.

Does it have to be a topical 5-AR inhibitor?

el_duterino

Reaction score
I just sent them an e-mail asking to make the older gel-in-a-bottle available again.
I liked the gel a lot, and had good results too. This new paste is hard to use and I plan to use the product for many years.

El Duterino

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
el_duterino said:
I just sent them an e-mail asking to make the older gel-in-a-bottle available again.
I liked the gel a lot, and had good results too. This new paste is hard to use and I plan to use the product for many years.

El Duterino
same here
Tell us what was their answer.

kamui

Established Member
Reaction score
moter said:
Fred from Sinere mentioned on another forum that they raised the viscosity to make it safer.

He also said it could now be used twice a day as in the Sintov experiment.

According to what I read, they have changed the gel twice so far. Each time making it more thicker.. But I don't see anyone complaining about side effects.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree
I used the old version on my scalp and beard and I haven't had any side effects yet they keep changing the viscosity. Maybe they just want to stay on the safe side.

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
I emailed them again and this is what they wrote back

"Thank you for the feed back.
At the moment we have discontinued the old version"

I quess I am going back to fluridil ....

Status
Not open for further replies.