first FUE, you can only hope you made the right choice in time

HardlyHair

Reaction score
From those pics, it still looks inflamed but not super duper bad. If there's scarring it would be very very minor scarring, and will greatly improve over time. I doubt it would be noticeable in 12 months. Something that can help scarring is silicon gel such as ScarSil (but run it by your Doctor of course). I used ScarSil and it was good from a cosmetic perspective because it seemed to mask the shine of healing skin and give a flat matte appearance while blending in ok. Silicon gels are meant to improve the reduction of scarring and promote healing, but they need to be applied a few times a day to be effective and this can be hard to be disciplined about. Silicon creams are expensive though, but ScarSil was one of the more affordable ones I found with high % of silicon gel (read the ingredients and go for ones that have more than 95% silicon).

Definitely avoid doing anything that might flare up and further inflame the area, such as rubbing, massaging, or dermarolling. Even minoxidil can be inflaming, so maybe consider avoiding putting minoxidil near the recipient area and that might help reduce the inflammation (again talk to your Doctor).

Do you take probiotic tablets or anything like that? Taking probiotics might help with improving your immune system. And taking fish oil/krill oil, lysine, MSM, vitamin c, and other antioxidants might help reduce inflammation and promote healing further... it can't hurt (except for the cost).

Looking forward to updates in a month or two showing the hairs coming through. When you start seeing the little fine hairs coming though, it can be quite exciting. ;)

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Well done swingline, you finally went and did it. Your results should be great since your hair loss ain't that bad to begin with.
Keep us posted.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well done swingline, you finally went and did it. Your results should be great since your hair loss ain't that bad to begin with.
Keep us posted.

Thanks guys
Hardly hair I actually take a lot of those vitamins you mention. It's looking much better.
I leave the minoxidil away from that area for now but the Doctor says he wants me to start up the topical finasteride solution in that are. Im terrified of finasteride from my experience but I'm going to get my levels checked and monitor it very close. I don't react well to finasteride orally.
I'll def keep this thread posted

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I went for my technically 3rd haircut since the FUE. Just trying to get my hair reshaped back to something manageable and noticed my donor area is pretty thin. Anyone tell me how long this lasts?

donor copy.jpg

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost unnoticeable, don't obsess over it (I know, easy to say to other people). No one's scrutinizing the back of your head.

Maybe you just have minor shockloss back there. It will most likely resolve with time.
Thanks Fred. Yeah I def got shock loss in back and front. Im not worried and know it will come back but was curious how long it took some others.
You still considering?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I am. Everyone still tell me I don't need it. I'll ask the next girls I sleep with what they think, though it would not make much sense lol.

If it were up to me, I would have already done it. I backed out since my family, my friends, two entire hair loss forums (almost), an many women told me I looked fine.

It seems we're very bad at judging what we look like. I already had two cosmetic surgery by the age of 22. I'm not sure if I want to take the Michael Jackson route his early :).

Yeah I get that. We will always be out harshest judge really. Im sure you'll figure it out

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
If I remember Fred I think M.J.'s sleeping arrangements were tailored exclusively around prepubescent children, no comparison to your sleeping preferences to be sure.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you like the shaven look?
I've always been a big fan of it, you know slick bald looks like crap in my opinion.

I wouldn't be too ashamed of using more of your available grafts in the future, why waste them?
I know, money, but if your not happy. Who cares.
Down with nw7 booooo

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Just to let you know that I'll be going for it too. I have my 2000 grafts FUE the May 13th and 14th 2014 to restore my front half.

I just couldn't stand not having any frame at all the last few months, it was really obvious on the pictures of my last holidays:

frame.jpg

I hope I made the right choice in time too. I'll open a topic after the hair transplant so you can all follow my progress.
Fred you are very lucky to have such a great complexion and good facial hair. I still suffer from acne at my age and my facial hair is diffuse just like my hair:). Plus you got great height so with a transplant even if you were to keep it buzzed is going to really improve your looks. And with your personality and positive attitude you are going to make men jealous and women will find you irresistible. I am happy for you, Fred.

HairMagician

Reaction score
I know argh, it always makes me feel like I'm vain for having a hair transplant. Thank you :). But as I said earlier in this thread, it's a matter of personal choice. I'm still bald, I don't like seeing that in the mirror.

Hopefully I'll not get greedy, and stop at those 2000 grafts for the front. I'll continue to shave my head anyway. I just hope that the scarring at the back will be as light as my other scars.

Hey Fred, I'm familiar with your posts as a long time lurker. I'm also looking to get an FUE. I notice you keep your hair buzzed pretty close. I may opt to do the same, but I've seen some people who do develop scarring that is noticeable (albiet very close up). Should that really be a genuine concern for us if we are going with a good FUE surgeon? That's one of the only reasons I am hesitant: the possibility of scarring.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to let you know that I'll be going for it too. I have my 2000 grafts FUE the May 13th and 14th 2014 to restore my front half.

I just couldn't stand not having any frame at all the last few months, it was really obvious on the pictures of my last holidays:

frame.jpg

I hope I made the right choice in time too. I'll open a topic after the hair transplant so you can all follow my progress.

hey your way better off than the guy to your right lol.

Im getting more and more nervous by the day. I know its only going on 2 months but I have seen nothing in regrowth. Ive have a few, what seem to be ingrowns but then they pop and nothings there.

Im dealing with folliculitis in the donor area from what I beleive is shocked out hair coming back. I should tell the hair transplant Doctor but I know hell just have me drive ALL the way up there to prescribe me anti biotics AGAIN (which I hate taking back to back).

This has been a very frustrating experience. I see pics of guys at 2 months online who are already seeing regrowth and my recipient areas are still even a bit red.

WTF!

Trust me Fred, yours will come out great, want to know how I know this? CAUSE YOURE NOT ME!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't look bad fred, you look great hah.

Gonna have to agree here, dude's got a nicely shaped head for a bald/shaved head look. He's lucky he doesnt have some weird mongoloid head. Dude looks good shaved.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha, I didn't even notice the other bald guy :p.

Be patient, 2 months is way too early to have substantial regrowth :).

Well I'm worried about the outcome of course, but hell I'm used to having surgeries by now. This is my third cosmetic surgery, and I'm only 24, yey!

When I think that it will take two days... Let's hope everything goes according to the plan in my head: good yield, minimal scarring, and well, a f-ing frame for my face.

I think youll be good.
your hair really does look like mine. I dont think youre as diffuse as you think cause the back and sides in that pic look good. Also you wouldnt be able to pull a FUE with diffuse thinning cause your donor would be thin.

I think youll turn out good, I know 2 months is soon but man Im seriously scared after my complications Im going to have a failed one (the one in a million you read about).

I will keep my fingies crossed and this thread updated. Im lso just stressed because it took this 2 months to see shock loss in the area of the transplants so of course Ive hit the worse before better stage and its BAD! The best is when I tell people I had it done and they act like they can tell "OHHHHH YEAH it looks realy good"
ITS NOT THERE YET DUMBASS, Im just tired of explaining the process and let them think what they want right now.

Fc_Bruges

Reaction score
Fred you are very lucky to have such a great complexion and good facial hair. I still suffer from acne at my age and my facial hair is diffuse just like my hair:). Plus you got great height so with a transplant even if you were to keep it buzzed is going to really improve your looks. And with your personality and positive attitude you are going to make men jealous and women will find you irresistible. I am happy for you, Fred.

Good facial hair? He doesnt have hair on his cheeks. A full beard covers your cheeks...

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Think Im starting to see VERY fine hairs in my right temple...... keeping my fingers crossed. Might try to get some pictures if I can get them to show up Ill post them

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by FredTheBelgian
See, you just have to be patient
yes.gif

Only 3 weeks left before my first FUE, there's no turning back this time.

I'm a bit scared of shockloss (well not that much since I'm used to shaving my head) or that my hair line will look odd.

Shock loss took time to hit me, didnt go right away. I may be hallucinating but if I catch the right light I can see SMMMMMAAALLLLLL little hairs but only on the right side at the moment.

Fred, just a tip but maybe try to grow your hair out first. In my case my hair being out is what saved me from walking around with really bad redness and scabs on my temples. My redness is now really starting to go away but it took me this long.

Think Im starting to see VERY fine hairs in my right temple...... keeping my fingers crossed. Might try to get some pictures if I can get them to show up Ill post them

Nope think I got my hopes up for nothing. went and got my hair cut yesterday and now I dont see anything. I think it was the light glaring off the base of my other hairs making it look like new ones coming in.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Hope it works out swingline.

I have an overactive immune system. I have seborraic dermatitis. This on top of being NW6. I guess hair transplants are not an option for me. Looks like I was not meant to have hair.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Just a tip that might be helpful. Be vigil about how much sun exposure you get. With your scalp still healing beneath your short hair, you definitely don't want to add sun burn to your preexisting list of malefactors.:sun: