Finasteride Substitute: Ru59441?revivogain?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, after taking finasteride for arround 3 to 4 years, I finally experienced side effects that were intolerable and me drop the drug. Symptoms included:

-watery semen
-joint problems (left shoulder would pop in and out)
-loss of libido
-ED (softer erections at first, inability to get one at the very end)
-loss of morning wood
-slight depression
-constantly getting flus
-nervosity

I took the drug reasonably well for several years and the symptoms only occured in my final postgraduate year (loads of stress, no time to work out, breakup with gf no replacement).

After stopping the drug my libido became way better, morning wood came back, erections still nothing to write home about but way better, joint paint virtually gone.

This made me think, with a couple of hair treatments such as shiseido and employment arround the corner, I'd like to postpone the ineviteable at least a couple of more years.

From a risk perspective, what seems the best course of action to retain what I have:

A) Waiting two months before getting back on finasteride on a lower dosis
B) Adding RU58841 to my Minoxydil regimen, drop finasteride completely
C)Revivogain

Alternatively I will have to accept defeat and shave.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think RU would be a good stop gap for you. When I dropped finasteride for a couple of months i did lose ground especially in the mid scalp and crown. Went on the RU for 3 months and things did improve especially in the front although not so much mid scalp & crown however it did stop further loss and i didn't get any of the sides i previously had with finasteride.

Strangely i think i need both but in different areas of my scalp. I kind of went back to finasteride with Essengen; 5% minoxidil & 0.05% finasteride although i am starting to get brain fog even with this low amount so may have to totally disengage from finasteride.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There will be nothing new in 5 years. I said brotzu was a scam, and so it was. The rest will be disapointments.

itsAlright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, after taking finasteride for arround 3 to 4 years, I finally experienced side effects that were intolerable and me drop the drug. Symptoms included:

-watery semen
-joint problems (left shoulder would pop in and out)
-loss of libido
-ED (softer erections at first, inability to get one at the very end)
-loss of morning wood
-slight depression
-constantly getting flus
-nervosity

I took the drug reasonably well for several years and the symptoms only occured in my final postgraduate year (loads of stress, no time to work out, breakup with gf no replacement).

After stopping the drug my libido became way better, morning wood came back, erections still nothing to write home about but way better, joint paint virtually gone.

This made me think, with a couple of hair treatments such as shiseido and employment arround the corner, I'd like to postpone the ineviteable at least a couple of more years.

From a risk perspective, what seems the best course of action to retain what I have:

A) Waiting two months before getting back on finasteride on a lower dosis
B) Adding RU58841 to my Minoxydil regimen, drop finasteride completely
C)Revivogain

Alternatively I will have to accept defeat and shave.

After reading that post by a guy that claimed to have heart failure (and presumably died) due to RU, I wouldn't even consider the stuff. That is aside from the fact that finasteride gave me severe sides in 2 weeks time.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After reading that post by a guy that claimed to have heart failure (and presumably died) due to RU, I wouldn't even consider the stuff. That is aside from the fact that finasteride gave me severe sides in 2 weeks time.

I also acquired severe sides in a period of weeks. Being 26 with no one depending on me if RU stopped my heart permanently I wouldn't be alive to regret it...

el_duterino

Reaction score
I used finasteride for 6 years then dutasteride for 4 then RU for 10 years since 2008

I am keeping hair since 1998 .Also had a 1500 Graft FUE to cover the pre-finasteride hairline loss.
IF your hair respond well to finasteride then RU will work fine - make sure you massage it well onto the scalp and keep hair short.

I mix 20mg of RU a day into half a Neogenic bottle .
Stemox helps as well as minoxidil once a day.

My heart is fine and no sides to mention except some erections issues if I use too much but sides last only 1 day.

I don't apply RU the evening before the days where I am due for SEX and this method has been working great for the last 10 years.

CB is another one similar to RU but much more expensive.

Keep an eye on the CB acne cream called Winlevi from Cassopea this will the closest to a new topical for hair maintenance coming from a pharma firm, until then its RU from China for me.

The key is to have the type of hair that respond well to finasteride, at least for the beginning even if finasteride is not working as well as during the start.
Not everyone will have results on finasteride or RU.

Last edited:

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mix 20mg of RU a day into half a Neogenic bottle .
Stemox helps as well as minoxidil once a day.

Where do you get Neogenic from? Seems like all the shop are in the middle east.
So only 20mg ru daily?
How much minoxidil daily?

Why stemox?

Seems like stemox (active ingredient is amoxicillin) :
What is amoxicillin?
Amoxicillin is a penicillin antibiotic that fights bacteria.

Deosn't mention hairloss

In US btw

Last edited:

el_duterino

Reaction score
Stemox stands for stemoxydine - the only active ingredient in Neogenic

dont knew how you pulled the Amoxicillin idea - show us the reference.
the product has been discussed at length here since 2012 and yes its not approved in the USA

It does have some benefit in a combo. The patent explains how it works but the read is very high level science

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are in the US. do you know where to get neogenic from?

el_duterino

Reaction score
ebay

el_duterino

Reaction score
Hi Sunchyme1
I am doing great overall.
Yes I can get issues sometimes - under control though - but I suspect that my scalp is very porous with all the ethanolic topicals I have been using all these years so 20mg does not mean the same thing to everyone, RU is very powerful not much is needed if it penetrates well and I also keep very short hair too.

Daro seems interesting, any good, tested supplier ? Will give it shot myself

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Sunchyme1
Yes I can get issues sometimes - under control though - but I suspect that my scalp is very porous with all the ethanolic topicals I have been using all these years so 20mg does not mean the same thing to everyone, RU is very powerful not much is needed if it penetrates well and I also keep very short hair too.

i think there is a few different suppliers now, prices have come down recently.

im not too sure myself, i havent tried it or looked into too much

i just remember you always trying the latest things to come out before most people! thought you might be interested in it

check the thread out man, all the info is there

its quite a powerful drug. much more so than ru if i recall. but very experimental. only a handful of people here have tried it. with mixed success. i think the guys who didnt get any results from it also didnt get any from other aa's so that makes sense

anyway check out it man.

no sexual sides though from what i hear!!

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Sunchyme1

Have you always used 20mg of RU? I'm at 100mg daily right now, wonder if I should go down.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you always used 20mg of RU? I'm at 100mg daily right now, wonder if I should go down.

lol dude used f*****g up to 400 a day or some crazy sh*t

hes been on the stuff for years man. one of the first around to try this sh*t

he is a legend amongst hair loss forums

dont see him much around anymore

always good to see him back

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
from 400mg to 20mg is quite the jump. Wonder how the inhibition compares, wonder if it like finasteride where 0.05g and 1.0g both can yeild good results

el_duterino

Reaction score
Yeah I tried various dosages at first 400mg a day then 200 then less and less
Like I wrote above - scalp porosity and hair length will be key when it comes to judging how much you need but in general people use too much.

Using Ru is like brushing teeth to maintian teeth ! no use doing it 10 times a day if you see what I mean.
Its maintennace it won't grow back hair unless the loss has been very recent perhaps
I'm not active that much just because I have been pretty satisfied with my current combo regimen as per signature
Good to see some familiar names from the other forums as well

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I wrote above - scalp porosity and hair length will be key when it comes to judging how much you need but in general people use too much.

How is minoxidil as a vehicle?

Nextjohns

My Regimen
Reaction score

Using Ru is like brushing teeth to maintian teeth ! no use doing it 10 times a day if you see what I mean.
Its maintennace it won't grow back hair unless the loss has been very recent perhaps
I'm not active that much just because I have been pretty satisfied with my current combo regimen as per signature
Good to see some familiar names from the other forums as well

The legendary el duterino. Long time. What are your opinions on setipiprant?