Finasteride Ruining My Hairline, Need Advice

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is so sh*t.. :/
I'll stay on finasteride for another 2 months to give it a Chance, that will make it up to 6months on it, unless I see another big hit on the hairline... I dont now really...
what other options are there if finasteride and dutasteride fail?
I know there is RU but dont thing this sh*t is strong enough to deal with aggressive hairloss.
I really had my hopes high when starting fina :(
I would stick with it til month 6, and if things continue to get worse then I would try dutasteride. Other than finasteride and duta, minoxidil is really the only other highly effective treatment out there. Some people are very strong responders so it could work wonders for you, but for others it does nothing at all.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
the other option is to take 1 duta every 5 days . it drop Dht by 70 % the same level as fina . And the half life is 3 days at this dose ( it is equal to 0.1 mg per day).
this is what i will try . less dangerous than a daily proscar but slightly better than 1 mg fina per day .

piernik

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend RU in your case. The only other option is minoxidil. It has worked for people in similar situation as yours in the past. You can also give S5 cream a shot.
minoxidil is not a blocker so it wont stop the hairloss :/
right now im just focused on blocking dht and if this happens i will then add minoxidil in hope of some regrowth

piernik

My Regimen
Reaction score
the other option is to take 1 duta every 5 days . it drop Dht by 70 % the same level as fina . And the half life is 3 days at this dose ( it is equal to 0.1 mg per day).
this is what i will try . less dangerous than a daily proscar but slightly better than 1 mg fina per day .
i read that dutasteride can f*** up your hairline even more, that happened to one guy on this forum and he is now on much stronger meds

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same sh*t, hairline is worse than before and I am almost 5 month on it.

I hope it's just weak hair fell out and new more stronger hair will come on their place.

No need to drop fina imho, stay for 1 year at least.

My libido is much higher on it as well. And no change on ejaculate (no watery I mean).

Ill leave it here who also thinks finasteride ruining hairlines.

Many people thinks, if they have follicle it means they are healthy and stable. Wrong, your hair might be diffused and turned to catagen phase and slowly dying here. thats why people thinks that " hairloss accelerated " cause your bald head is currently sprouting brand new follicles. ( i am just explaining in the easiest way if some noobs are reading) Just be patient lol, full hair cycle will not burst in few days. Take your time and stick with med atleast one year. It doesnt mean that progress will not occur faster but also it can be slower.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

Many people thinks, if they have follicle it means they are healthy and stable. Wrong, your hair might be diffused and turned to catagen phase and slowly dying here. thats why people thinks that " hairloss accelerated " cause your bald head is currently sprouting brand new follicles. ( i am just explaining in the easiest way if some noobs are reading) Just be patient lol, full hair cycle will not burst in few days. Take your time and stick with med atleast one year. It doesnt mean that progress will not occur faster but also it can be slower.

Yes I meant this. Thanks for clarification for others,

g.i joey

Reaction score
this is so sh*t.. :/
I'll stay on finasteride for another 2 months to give it a Chance, that will make it up to 6months on it, unless I see another big hit on the hairline... I dont now really...
what other options are there if finasteride and dutasteride fail?
I know there is RU but dont thing this sh*t is strong enough to deal with aggressive hairloss.
I really had my hopes high when starting fina :(

Why would you not give it a full year? Ur just gonna stop at 6 months to start again 2-3 months later. Give it a full year to 18
Months this way you can know for sure it didn't work. We don't have any better options than finasteride and dutasteride anyways.

piernik

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im taking finasteride nearly 4 months now and i see the pictures of my hairline from 4 months ago, i never had such a deterioration on the hairline in the space of 4 months, thats why i am afraid the hairloss on the front accelerated and there has been people on this forum claiming that this happened to them...
Since about 2 weeks I have also noticed more hair falling out.
I am planning to stay on finasteride till month 6th at least and then will decide what to weather to stay on it, maybe switch to duta or maybe just give it all a break and stop taking any meds for some time and see how things go

piernik

My Regimen
Reaction score

as far as i know bro finasteride dosent grow 'new hair' or if it does then very rarely on the hairline (its job is just to stop or significantly slow down hairloss), this would probably be a good sign when on minoxidil because that is what mostly happens when you start with it 'weaker hair fall out to be replaced with new hair' but never heard of finasteride working that way... usually people shed and then get results without nesseceralry getting their hairline fucked up so this is very strange to me and I didnt expect that...
I am freaking out because I seen stories on this forum that people did get accelerated hairloss on fina but I surewill give it some more time

Fatherbalding17

My Regimen
Reaction score
as far as i know bro finasteride dosent grow 'new hair' or if it does then very rarely on the hairline (its job is just to stop or significantly slow down hairloss), this would probably be a good sign when on minoxidil because that is what mostly happens when you start with it 'weaker hair fall out to be replaced with new hair' but never heard of finasteride working that way... usually people shed and then get results without nesseceralry getting their hairline fucked up so this is very strange to me and I didnt expect that...
I am freaking out because I seen stories on this forum that people did get accelerated hairloss on fina but I surewill give it some more time
Hey man, how's your hair doing now. Still shedding or have you stabilized somewhat?

yourworld001

Established Member
Reaction score
Im taking finasteride nearly 4 months now and i see the pictures of my hairline from 4 months ago, i never had such a deterioration on the hairline in the space of 4 months, thats why i am afraid the hairloss on the front accelerated and there has been people on this forum claiming that this happened to them...
Since about 2 weeks I have also noticed more hair falling out.
I am planning to stay on finasteride till month 6th at least and then will decide what to weather to stay on it, maybe switch to duta or maybe just give it all a break and stop taking any meds for some time and see how things go

Any updates?